A few pix

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Lostone

A few pix

Post by Lostone »

I do a lot of photography. Here are a few from this Autumn:

More to come... eventually.
You still can't argue with a dream.
or
Gravity . . . It's not just a concept. It's the LAW!

wesw

Re: A few pix

Post by wesw »

almost purty enough to make me leave my flatland coastal plain

is it new Hampshire?

I used to visit new Hampshire when I lived in Plymouth MA. my kinda place....

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Hey Stoney - Peak Lodge - June:

“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I'm willing to bet that these were not taken with an iPhone or other smartphone — quality like this is definitely in the SLR (35mm or digital, makes no difference) realm.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Great stuff Lostone...

Especially the first one; absolutely magnificent... :ok
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Lord Jim wrote:Great stuff Lostone...

Especially the first one; absolutely magnificent... :ok

Ditto!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Wow. I keep saying that I will buy a camera and keep not doing so.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I've never said I'll buy a camera and will keep doing so... but really nice photos like those are almost enough to change my mind. Nice pics, lo
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lostone

Post by Lostone »

These were taken with a Canon EOS20D. Nice DSLR. A little old, but look who's talking. ;)

I do have a phone, that takes pix, but really try to carry a camera, everywhere. Why? Because when this guy showed up last year, everyone pulled out their phones, but I had my little point and shoot and had what they didn't; an optical zoom.

That was with my Nikon. Not nearly the lens of the Canon, but 14X zoom, and 16MP, so I can shoot wide and still have a lot of pixels to crop, and still end up with a good pic.

The other people got good shots, but mine were "closer".

The Canon only has 8MP, but such a better lens. Still, I have already killed an SLR camera, by taking it skiing, so the canon stays home. In the summer, it seldom goes hiking with me, as it is significantly heavier and more bulky. But in the fall, it almost always comes along.

My pix are from Sugarbush, Vermont, which is where I live.

Guin, where is the Peak Lodge?
You still can't argue with a dream.
or
Gravity . . . It's not just a concept. It's the LAW!

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Killington, Stoney.

I'm so jealous of the Moose. All the time I've spent in Vermont and Maine and I've never seen one. Ever.

I also shoot with a Canon, but get some good shots with my iPhone, too.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

You will be pleased to know I have 3000+ photos to "develop" on my return to Aus to share with you!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

When will we be pleased to know? Shortly after death, I imagine
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

I'm so jealous of the Moose. All the time I've spent in Vermont and Maine and I've never seen one. Ever.
I was deer hunting in Maine about 7 yearss ago and I was on the trail of a moose. New hoof prints and scat. Heard him up ahead. Never got to see him/her. All of a sudden it disappeared. Lost the tracks, no more russtling. I was afraid it would just appear and charge. I gave up looking as it was nearing sunset.
And I would not have shot it. I did not have a moose permit.
:mrgreen: