got me a new truck...,

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
wesw

got me a new truck...,

Post by wesw »

...my son dropped it off to me yesterday. 1985 F350 XL 4door 2 tanks little 351 motor that purrs like a kitten. needs carb work, straight body, a few bumper hits, nothing major , a little broken molding a couple cracked lenses. NO MAJOR RUST!!!

its been sitting for a few years, and was primed for a repaint, before it was put up, the guy got old and died. it was a work truck .

the seats are good, surprisingly, one has been replaced already, the carpet is well stained. interior is kinda cheap, but the dash isn t cracked

he got it for me for Christmas and is gonna do the carb for me... 750 bucks. a good deed gets rewarded..., how refreshing for me :)

anyway, I have a problem, and he didn t tell me about it, says he didn t know, with a smile... liar!

it s got the B.O. I mean it s got the seinfeldian B.O.O., beyond body odor. one of his loyal employees must have been a dab drunk or something, I think it is coming from the back seat.

it s ok tho, I have a cunning plan
Last edited by wesw on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TPFKA@W

Re: got me a new truck...,

Post by TPFKA@W »

Jarl would probably be excited about this.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Good luck with the truck.
:ok

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Vinegar, sprayed on the upholstery - lots of it. It will neutralize the disgusting smells, whatever their source.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Hope you enjoy it and the plan works. I had mice nest in my 300ZX heater/aircon fan over one winter when it was in storage in my barn.

Come spring and first time I turned that fan on.... bzzzzzzt mouse parts, urine, nesting material, and the most awful aroma that no amount of cleaning, even by pros, could ever eradicate.

Learned to drive without heat or aircon for as long as possible
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

thanks guys.

I forgot the best part, the motor tho it looks 30 yrs old on the outside, is only 3-4 thousand miles old on the inside, it has a jasper rebuild in it

in 85, I don t think the materials were ethanol compatible tho, I d probably be better off to replace all rubber fuel lines too

wesw

Post by wesw »

well, my plan was to replace the seats if I could find a junkyard donor, and order a black rubber replacement carpet from the dealer.

but,..., my neighbor has a brand new state of the art 2015 industrial carpet cleaning truck. he volunteered to do cleaning for me sunday. I ll see if that does the trick first, tho a rubber mat to replace the carpet is still the plan eventually.

I m gonna try to take the seats out tomorrow and Thursday so it s easier for him and it gets done more thoroughly with less effort, for him

I still have a cunning plan. a new one !

my daughter said she wants it forest green, and so it shall be..., someday..., hopefully. green on flat black..., maybe I can find black seats or black factory covers

this is a 2-3 yr plan, but the truck should be safe and usable by early next summer.

the truck is so straight and has such potential that it may just be my daughters first car, if I do a good enough job...

but don t tell....

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

high-larious!!!

wesw

Post by wesw »

here s the truck I drive now, except mine is the F150 and I painted it black and blue with a white top

wesw

Post by wesw »

here s my new truck, except without the running boards, and my engine is smaller and quieter

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

bigskygal wrote:Vinegar, sprayed on the upholstery - lots of it. It will neutralize the disgusting smells, whatever their source.
True, but I also learned that that vapours, as they evaporate in the closed interior of the vehicle, will corrode pretty much any vulnerable exposed metal, so keep the cigarette lighter in its socket, etc. to avoid damage to electrical components.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah, took the front seat out uesterday, it was the one with the stench....

the truck sat for a few years in a pole shed type garage, and it may have been used for sleeping by a homeless person or something

it s in really great shape tho and has been well maintained.

my neighbor is gonna do the carpet and back seat for me and I think the best bet would be to get a used replacement seat for the front

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

A over turned 5 gallon bucket works too. :mrgreen:

wesw

Post by wesw »

I was thinking milk crates, but ....

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Any 1980-86 will be the same seat...any 1980-1996 F-series or Bronco should bolt in.

wesw

Post by wesw »

yep, thanks. my son agrees with you. I ll get a repair manual eventually.

I took the back seat out today. should have all the carpets and seats cleaned tomorrow....

the back seat has the same bolt pattern as the front, so the plan is to bolt the back seat in up front and to find a new seat to replace the back one for now.. I like the flat bench seats better anyway.

two of the bolt wrung off the back, but I will prepare and weld studs to the nubs, and bolt it back that way.

the headliner is brand new and done well. the carpet is fairly new , but well stained in front. well see how it comes out. turns out it owned by a guy who worked at or owned chicken farms...

I took the bed liner out, and the bed is pretty great except around the wheel wells where the chicken shavings blew in and accumulated over the years. if he had only fastened it a little better at the back it would be pristine almost

and I popped the only dent out with my bathroom plunger!!!! can t even tell....

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

chicken shavings
Had they used "Nair" you wouldn't have these problems.

wesw

Post by wesw »

ok, three yrs later....

I got the wiper linkage working better

electrical problem solved

brakes are ggood

I need to get the tag lights working , and one marker light, and one blinker fixed.....

...and I think that I am ready for inspection!!!!!!