got me a new truck...,

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
BoSoxGal

Re: got me a new truck...,

Post by BoSoxGal »

Don’t forget this for the bumper:

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

got me a new truck...,

Post by RayThom »

I bet you'll have a major drivetrain breakdown just as soon as you have that 'classic' inspected.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

passed inspection today......

I love driving down the highway with no tags

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Congratulations wes...

It only took you three years to get it street-worthy; that must have been quite the little fixer-upper... 8-)
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It took a lot longer than it would have, because somebody had him convinced that some Mexicans were supposed to pay for it.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I was thinking that maybe he couldn't take it on the road until he found a replacement to put on the concrete blocks in his front yard... :P

I think I found a picture of the truck:

ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Scooter wrote:It took a lot longer than it would have, because somebody had him convinced that some Mexicans were supposed to pay for it.
:lol: :ok :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

well, jim has the right spirit.

he is a handyman who was just disadvantaged of the necessity of handymaness.

if the ladies don t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.... (red green)

:)

wesw

Post by wesw »

what the hell, Ray?

I just invited you to thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and you are being mean to me?

you are just mad because I was right and you were wrong about copperheads being in Delaware.

I know that the tourist guide says otherwise, but every surrounding county , on the eastern shore of Maryland has them, and I have killed one in wicomco county and have seen then killed in Sussex co, DE.
copperheads don't respect state lines....

... and I ll tell you another thing....

there is a rocky outcrop in upper DE , some kind of park or something...., and they have rattlers......

...now the navel gazers say that someone must have released them, but they are the right type of rattler to have been a residual population.....

I don t know if they are native or not, but they are there.....

....and the copperheads are native.

so there.

.... in a few years we might have cottonmouths down here on the lower shore.........

wesw

Post by wesw »

legend has it that there were jaguars here, back in the day......

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Reputable sources confirm there was at least one Mountain Lion in New Castle County ten years ago (have not talked to that source since then), including 'security' camera pix of the big cat walking around a public school yard near the C&D canal late at night. Same source (county animal control officer) also said there were copperhead snakes in Alapocas Run state park, North of Wilmington. Don't know about rattlers. Although I did see a very small one many years ago near the old married housing buildings on the Delaware University campus. I took it to the local nature conservancy who were sure it was captured somewhere else by a UofD student and then released in that area.

Lots and lots of add-ons and modifications and knowledge out there about the 351CI Ford, Cleveland or Windsor version.

snailgate

RayThom

got me a new truck...,

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:what the hell, Ray?
I just invited you to thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and you are being mean to me?
you are just mad because I was right and you were wrong about copperheads being in Delaware...
wesw, I eventually admitted you were right and I was wrong. You're starting to sound like my late father. He always brought up years past conversations that he knew he had been correct just to maintain his "righteous" authority. It's typically old people style behavior.

What I meant to say back then was Tiger Snakes. There are no tiger snakes in the DelMarVa peninsula.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

whatever man, all I know is that you should not be wishin' ill on my old ford.....,

...if you re sorry I ll forgive you, but if you re just gonna be mean then you aren t doin' right.

...and it is a "classic", not as stylish as my 75 s were, but a tough looking and strong and simple , carbureted , structurally sound, piece of American steel.

I have put many hours in it.

getting new grill and trim , straightening bumpers, and blacking it all out with good rustoleum bedliner.

going to the junkyard and pulling all the crap, to fix and paint.

pulled the hood and painted last week....

re manufactured carb, from nation carb co, who I WON T recommend....

a lot of stuff.

BP...., I ll just keep the 351 as stock possible....., for now.

it is a Windsor of am M-truck type Windsor...., not sure.....

my first 75 was a f150 custom, made in Canada, with a hot 390 car motor in it.

,,,, wish that I never sold it, and may be able to get the motor back.

my second '75 was an f100 with a 360....., both supercabs.....

I love the semi-big block 360-390 motors...., they are bulletproof beasts, as is the 4.0 str 6 in my jeep.

my first real car was a 79 mustang with the 5.o litre, whih is the same block as the 351, I think, but I didn t know much about cars then.....

I hope that the 351 is half as good as the 360-390 motors.

di you have experience with it?

is it good?

weaknesses, strenths?

wesw

Post by wesw »

I haven t watched cable tv in a while now......

we still have cable, but not in the living room, as our big tv went up......

been really good for me to get off the boob tube.....

only radio....

I listen to NPR until they make me sick, then I listen to conservative talk until they make me sick, and I work on my truck thru it all.....

there is a good car guy on the radio now, the car doctor, he isn t too serious, and I like the dirt doctor on sunday....

anyway...., the point of this post was to inform any of you out there, who like old cars, of a few sights I discovered on youtube in my truck research.

I found three of the smartest , nicest, most amusing young men that I have never had the priviledge of meeting.

they are true car guys and all geniuses and gentle men....

they are, in order of discovery, all iowa boys, "junkyard digs" , "thunderhead289" and, "dyan McCool"

brilliant stuff, and they remind me of my son and his friends...., mechanical savants...., and not idiot savants either.....

and they are just nice guys, and helpful and unselfish with their knowledge, and honest about their mistakes

good stuff.

the names in quotes are their youtube channels....

now, thru them, indirectly, I discovered a couple of really funny Canadian site that are all about cars, one is..., "the reidus and Cletus show", two young automotive writers in Canada, who fix and save old cars. nice guys, scooter might like that one.....,

and...,

"zip ties and bias pies"....

another nice guy who curses like a sailor and lovingly offends everyone he can think to offend.

now I discovered another Canadian who is just hilarious, and political, he works in the oil fields of alberta.

crude as fuck and twice as funny.

he does life and politics and work and beer and hockey....

youtube must hate this guy, but I do give them credit for not shutting him down, thio I m sure that they downplay him.....

that is all,

any car guys or gals would love the first five sights, I think.

RayThom

got me a new truck...,

Post by RayThom »

wesw, I checked out the image link you sent me. I think you need to listen to more NPR radio and spend less time with your truck.

wesw

Post by wesw »

that is a 79 supercab, I had two 75 s , much more stylish, withround headlights...., and they weren t shit brorn.....

my current is an 85 f350 crew cab and she is straight and purrs like a cougar.....

no major rust at all.

but you just continue to be mean if you want to be mean.

today I adjusted all my door strikers so that the doors are tight.

I need new door rubbers, but they are high priced new, so I ll mosey on out to the junk yard soon.

I also cleaned out the track, and straightened the aluminium frame for my sliding window in the back.....

slides free now.....

it is impossible, it seems , to get rear door panels for this year.

they don t make them aftermarket, that I can find, as this is a rather rare truck. and so they aren t found used either.

it has a new dash pad and front door panels, and a new headliner.... the front seat is great as I moved the back bench to the front....., I hated that fake bucket bench that was in front and so the cat sleeps on it in the garage.

i ve done so much other work to it also.

i m happy about it.

but go ahead and piss in my Wheaties if you want to.

....just don t piss in my truck.

")

wesw

Post by wesw »

i m pulling the carpet out this week. it just holds moisture right now, and that will cause the floor to rust.

the windshield will be removed and i will thoroughly prepare the windshield bed before it is re installed.....

....then i will repaint the floor , if needed and put carpet or rubber back in place.

a pain in the ass, but i do not want rust, this truck will outlive me...

....hopefully, if i do it right.

wesw

Post by wesw »

....and to whoever tinted the windows on the back doors?

you sir, are a pain in my ass!!!!!!!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:wesw, I checked out the image link you sent me. I think you need to listen to more NPR radio and spend less time with your truck.

I've seen better stuff than that at the junkyard.
Hell, I've SENT better stuff than that to the junkyard!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
RayThom wrote:wesw, I checked out the image link you sent me. I think you need to listen to more NPR radio and spend less time with your truck.

I've seen better stuff than that at the junkyard.
Hell, I've SENT better stuff than that to the junkyard!
-"BB"-

Oh, cmon. That isn't bad at all. For British Columbia that IS pristine. Hell, for Michigan or Minnesota it would be showroom quality.

I drive things that require updated tetanus shots. One of my 4X4s has so many holes through the body you'd think it had been driven by Bonnie and Clyde.

The positive side of driving rustbuckets is no one dare park too close.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.