Storm Panorama

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Gob

Storm Panorama

Post by Gob »

Storm just hitting Canberra.

Click on the magnifying glass under the linked image, my car is in the bottom right corner, for perspective.

In case you were wondering; 5 images, stitched together in “panorama factory”, then adjusted for contrast and colour depth in Photoshop.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

kristina

Re: Storm Panorama

Post by kristina »

Cool. Lots of rain from it?

Gob

Post by Gob »

kristina wrote:Cool. Lots of rain from it?

Just a bit, and it's still coming, wettest spring in over 27 years!
Canberra has had its wettest spring in 27 years and the above average rainfall is set to continue.

Nearly 300 millimetres of rain fell across the ACT during spring - the most recorded since 1983.

The month of November was the wettest since 1995, with 121mm recorded.

The year to date total is also overflowing, with 777mm of rain recorded so far. The average yearly total is 615 millimetres.

Senior forecaster Sean Carson says 2010 will be the wettest in at least 15 years.

"With all of December to come it is likely to exceed that figure and probably end up being our wettest Canberra year since probably about 1974," he said.

"So it is quite a significant record."

The good rain is forecast to continue throughout summer.

More than 14mm has already fallen across the ACT today.

The December average is 54 millimetres and Mr Carson says that total is likely to be reached by the end of the weekend.

"The La Nina, above average ocean temperatures which are driving this rainfall are set to continue for at least the next two to maybe three months," he said.

"There is probably about a 60 - 70 per cent chance of above average rainfall for the ACT across the summer months."

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/canb ... 7yrs/15463
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

kristina

Post by kristina »

Gob wrote:

Congratulations; I'm sure it's most welcome! I know I'm always thrilled any time we get ANY rain here in NoCal.

Gob

Post by Gob »

It sure is, our reserviours are now 100% full.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Excuse me, it's autum soon to be winter. :? ;)