Lucky catch!!

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Gob

Lucky catch!!

Post by Gob »

Lucky catch of a Kookaburra in our garden.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Re: Lucky catch!!

Post by BoSoxGal »

:ok Great shot!

You might consider sharing that at the Naturalists Notebook Facebook page, lots of great wildlife photos (many birds) shared by regular folks.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

But can you categorize a bird with this diet as "wildlife"?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Not when he turns up most days to be fed.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Hey, if somebody's going to toss me hamburger every day, I wouldn't spend my time scrounging around for worms either... 8-)
ImageImageImage

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

The robins are back.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I let my dog out last night and when she came back to the door a few minutes later, she had a dead robin in her mouth.

It was either killed by a neighborhood cat or flew into something and broke its neck, and she found it snuffling around while looking for the right spot to pee.

I always feel bad when she finds something like this, which she's very good at despite being blind - it's all nose. Once she found a deer foreleg while we were out walking, another time fish skin cast off by a fisherman at a pond we were walking by. She never tears into anything, she always carries it gently in her mouth and runs to find me to show me her terrific prize - and of course I always steal it away from her.

Hope springs eternal in my dumb dog's soul.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan