Happy Earth Day!

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Guinevere

Happy Earth Day!

Post by Guinevere »

From paradise (aka my little seaside town) threatened by global warming and sea level rise. Science matters!
Attachments
EE769274-8F4B-4049-8CA4-2EE1C0A6036C.jpeg
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

BoSoxGal

Re: Happy Earth Day!

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

On a much brighter note, visit this Google doodle game and pretend to be a happy bee pollinating flowers and crops!

Google Bee Doodle
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Happy Earth Day!

Post by RayThom »

Fun Fact: Did you know Ira Einhorn* was instrumental in the creation of the first Earth Day?

Fairmount Park, April 22, 1970. I was there.
*Ira Samuel Einhorn (May 15, 1940 – April 3, 2020), known as "The Unicorn Killer", was an American environmental activist and convicted murderer. He was convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend, Holly Maddux.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I remember earth day during my high school senior year. I had a pickup truck and drove around the county with 2 passengers (no seat belts) gathering up trash. The rest of my class did similar things that day. We were so wild, young and free, yet doing something very constructive. In these days of huge lawsuits and tremendous liability I doubt if the practice continues.