Wish me luck

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Wish me luck

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Does she have autocorrect??? :D
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Well my mom wants to go home this weekend. Not sure if it’s a good thing but I am concerned it is a little premature
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:16 pm
Well my mom wants to go home this weekend. Not sure if it’s a good thing but I am concerned it is a little premature.
You might casually ask her why she wants to go home.  My mother kept insisting she wanted to go home to die rather than in a hospital or care facility.  Hope that's not what's driving your mother's desire to get back home...
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Maybe she’s just as sick of them as crackpot keeps saying they are of her? :shrug
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's quite possible; when my MIL was with us (after surgery), we let her go home for the weekend (and enlisted someone else to check up on her) for a weekend and come back Sunday night for a couple of weeks before she went home for good. After a weekend, she was ready to come back (and then ready to go home again after a few days). It may be worth a try if you can get someone to look in on her, esecially if she is going to be on her own in the near future.

FWIW, I don't think she was happy in either place; what she really wanted was to go live with dear old sonny boy (which, like most dear old sonny boys, had little to nothing to do with her). I was pushing to get her into an assisted living facility (she wouldn't like that either, but I figured at least she'd be safe), but she was resistant (and dear old sonny boy said he didn't want his mother in "one of those places). All we could do is let her live alone; not the best, or even a good, solution, but pretty much the only possible one.