My turn to get on the AI bandwagon...

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
datsunaholic

My turn to get on the AI bandwagon...

Post by datsunaholic »

I was bored so thought I'd see what AI would generate.

Instead of making something cerebral I went for ridiculous. Since the Oscars just happened I thought, I wonder what AI would do with the Barbieheimer meme?

It did not disappoint.

Warning! Warning! Warning1
If you are a ALL offended by photos of stereotypically "Barbie" looking women, even if they are entirely AI generated, wearing not a whole lot, standing in front of an atomic explosion, look no further.

If you think my mind is in the gutter by creating/posing this (spoiler alert- it is) and think I'm a sexist pig for creating such, well, yeah, I guess I am.

These are, at worse, PG rated. But they are fantasy. They are not photos of a real person. Just what the AI I'm using thinks Barbie looks like, though I did steer it towards a particular look for a little more consistency.

First try, didn't specify pink pleather but well, Barbie.

But I need an Oppenheimer hat. Looked up online, it was a "porkpie" style hat. Let's see what AI can do with that.

Hmm, that's more of a tophat, and a little dark but close so let it run a few more iterations.

Hmmm. The hat is almost right, but black isn't quite in the Barbie mold. I want a pink hat.

HAHAHA! I got the pink hat all right. I also got a pink mushroom cloud.

Nope, that didn't work. There's so much wrong in this one.

Eh, now the hat is too big again.

That one I think is close to what I had in mind.

That's about right.
More iterations started getting a lot of imperfections.

OK, now on to the real reason for this.

For a few years I've imagined doing some photographic art. Nothing I could actually sell, just ideas in my head for photo shoots. But I'll never be able to actually take those pictures with an actual camera. The issue is time and money. Time, because setting up what are somewhat complicated scenes is not a quick process, and money because I don't have a bunch of pro camera gear to do location shoots like what I have in mind. There are also props. So many props. One of my photo ideas is having a professional dancer (ballroom or ballet) dancing in front of a pile of televisions- in a way that it looks like the televisions are watching her. Another nvolves a group of people in 19th century clothing sitting around a table in the parlor of a ruined house- either a burned-down house with nothing left but rubble and a chimney, or a house that rotted away so that all that's left is a mossy chimney. And double-exposed so they look ghostly. That may be too much for AI but finding the right location is nearly impossible. The only chance I had was about 15 years ago when the local fire department did a training burn of a house in my neighborhood, and what was left matched exactly what I wanted. I should have just taken my camera and done a bunch of establishing shots and then maybe green-screened in the people, but I think seeing that house was what gave me the idea in the first place.

The other issue (that also involves money) is finding people (basically female models) for said photoshoots, being that I'm not an established photographer. I'd have to pay them. One thing I am NOT good at is people skills so I don't know people that would do that sort of project. One woman I worked with at a prior job did express interest with the whole ghost house idea and had friends in the art community that could have possibly made it happen but I never had the time not a location to try and set it up.

So the above photos are really more of a practice run using established themes that an AI understands. The AI works by my feeding it "prompts" and "negative prompts" along with weighting how much freedom the AI has with those prompts. I also have trained it with a certain "face" which gives it a look more consistent. I could actually tell it to use a real person's face, but that's got ethical issues written all over it. But, If I didn't give it a "model" to use, all the photos either look even MORE plastic than these do, they would be wildly different, or they would look like Margot Robbie since that's what the generic, out of the box models would likely use.

The prompt for the barbieheimer pictures above were variations:
(redactedname:1.5) as barbie walking in the desert wearing a porkpie hat, with a nuclear explosion in the background, in the style of suze randall, Perfect Eyes, (highly detailed skin:1.1), realistic full body photograph, Intricate details, RAW, analog style, sharp focus, 8k, high resolution, dslr
negative prompts were:
close up, cropped, mutilated hands, too many fingers, text, watermark, caption

This is about 2 week's worth of playing around with it, and absolutely overloading my PC. To get really detailed, high resolution I'd need a better computer. I ran for 2 weeks without a dedicated Graphical Processor, so I bought a used <$100 one off ebay and installed it today which cut the processing time down from 15-30 minutes to 3-8 minutes per image. A better PC with more power (as in a bigger power supply) could handle a real full-blown gaming Graphics card, which would get the processing down to under a minute but cost around $5K.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Big RR

Re: My turn to get on the AI bandwagon...

Post by Big RR »

Interesting; some of them look pretty good.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Just for the heck of it, I copied "professional dancer (ballroom or ballet) dancing in front of a pile of televisions- in a way that it looks like the televisions are watching her" [changed it to professional ballet dancer] and this was created....

Ballet TV.jpg

Then I changed it to 'televisions with eyes' and this is the result....

BalletTV2.jpg

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:10 pm
Just for the heck of it, I copied "professional dancer (ballroom or ballet) dancing in front of a pile of televisions- in a way that it looks like the televisions are watching her" [changed it to professional ballet dancer] and this was created....
Looks like your AI got its televisions from 1986.
GAH!

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

A little cartoonlike, I have a few tries I ran through but still can't get eyes on the screens.

It had trouble with the idea of multiple televisions

The room is too bright and too small.

Let's try in a darkened warehouse,

That's getting close. Just gotta work on the content of the screens.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Looks like your AI got its televisions from 1986.
I must have an older version of AI... :D

(using the word 'television' instead of HDTV or Smart TV probably had something to do with it.

Hmmmmm..... let's see..... I'll use 'Smart TV'....

SmatTV.jpg

And then HDTV with eyes....
Attachments
HDTV.jpg

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

datsunaholic wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:18 pm
A little cartoonlike, I have a few tries I ran through but still can't get eyes on the screens.
Yours are much better than mine. I might get a better quality if I use a more detailed request to the AI creator.

I'll try again later.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Back to it. Finally got some eyes on the screens.

The issue there is it's too zoomed in. I seem to get that a lot.

Better but still too far zoomed in.

Still not perfect. But I really like how the AI is reflecting the glow of the TVs on the floor, but the image on the screen isn't right. Plus the dancer's outfit is starting to get a little NSFW. That's due to me running this "unleashed", though, which makes it way different than what you can do on Google AI or Copilot.

I run these in batches of 10, and most don't have eyes on the TV screens. Most have another ballet dancer on them.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Now for something a bit different.

I wanted a photo of a sad man wearing a 19h century suit sitting in a dilapidated chair inside the ruins of a burned out house.

It works, other than the chair not being quite distressed enough, and the suit looks a little too modern. Other than that it's kind of generic.

But I also wanted that man to be me.

Here's where AI gets tricky. I can create a Low-Rank Adaptation (LoRA) using images of myself, but those are really hit and miss. Or I can cheat and use ReActor, which is a face swapping plugin for my AI implementation. ReActor, along with other face-swapping utilities have gotten a lot of flak for what they get used for (2 guesses, and the first doesn't count). But oh does it work.

I don't own a blue suit. Or any suit, and I don't have hair that good and I'm heavier than that, but it's scary accurate with it's ability to almost seamlessly change the face.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

datsunaholic wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 am

I love this one.

None of these three are even close to NSFW, that's what a ballerina looks like. She's an athlete in appropriate costume.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

If I could just get it to zoom out. Maybe 1 in 20 shows a full view, including feet. And most of those have distorted faces, etc. I get a fair amount of unusable images. I love this one:

But dang it, it does another half-body close up. I've got my settings telling it explicitly NOT to do close ups, but telling it to do a detailed face causes it to zoom in. NOT telling it to do a detailed face produces something out of a Francis Bacon painting half the time.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes I noticed looking back at all the ballerina images that many of them have freakshow eyes and faces.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I told it to do me standing in a room and this is what it came up with. Close: but I'm pretty sure I'm taller.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 pm
I told it to do me standing in a room and this is what it came up with. Close: but I'm pretty sure I'm taller.

If you’re going that route, you can do SO much better - and definitely taller!:
43E70D90-384D-499F-850A-9FDD46FEDBD3.jpeg
43E70D90-384D-499F-850A-9FDD46FEDBD3.jpeg (16.25 KiB) Viewed 187 times
~ Carl Sagan

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Full album (or at least most of them) are posted here:

https://ibb.co/album/SDMp7x

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Creepy. Which is what actually the vibe I was going for. Not quite how I imagined it, but got the creepy part down.

Now, this is what happens when you mess up your prompts. I run a bunch of prompts in "batch" mode so that it can run when I'm asleep or at work. I do that by typing a bunch of prompts into a text file and have the AI generator read the text file. But there is still them main "prompt" field. So he way it works is anything I want ALL the individual iterations to do, I put in the main prompt, and the differences go into the text file. Say I want to run multiple batches but change the hair color, or try to force the outfit to look different. So i might put "blonde ballerina", "Brunette Ballerina", or change the TVs from "Stacks of old televisions" to "piles of old televisions" to see what changes.

But what happened was, I was testing prompts one at a time. I was doing a series I call "The Barbie of Wall Street" (because that's how my mind mingles concepts- it's because Margot Robbie was in both "The Wolf of Wall Street" and "Barbie"). Anyhow it was basically just pictures of a Barbie-like woman standing in front of the NYSE. Lets just say that like a lot of the Barbieheimer pictures, i can't host those on ImgBB (though i might post them on Civitai, but that site is seriously NSFW). Anyhow, I forgot to clear the main prompt field and I ended up with an entire day's worth of image generations, most of which were not supposed to be Barbie related, getting whatever I was trying to create mixed with Barbie on Wall Street.

It turned my dancing ballerina into a Barbie Ballerina INSIDE the NYSE, or something like that.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

This "Easter Bunny" got a few likes over on Civitai...

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Been working on some apocalyptic wasteland landscapes for an AI contest.

Some of the images were a little too realistic. Some just showed small town urban decay:

Others got the vibe I was going for.

Ships and submarines out of the water...

The flooded city