Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
TPFKA@W

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:09 am
Is this what you were trying to post?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:08 am
If you are having this kind of trouble, perhaps it is time to consider a urostomy? Give the dick a rest that way? What is your doctor saying?
My urologist said we should wait at least a year after surgery to see where things are, and decide if any other sort of intervention is required. It has actually been getting markedly better over time and I can still see noticeable improvement happening. I expect that fairly soon I will get to a place where I am using a single daily pad "just in case" without having to worry about it getting saturated or needing to change it, and I think I would be fine with that. Which just made it all the more odd that all of a sudden after all these months I got this very raw and irritated patch occurring in a very unfortunate place. The diaper cream is actually pretty miraculous stuff and allowed everything to heal up very quickly.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Are you using Boudreaux’s butt cream? It’s the best I know of for diaper rash which is more or less what you are suffering from.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I've learned things here at Plan B that I don't think I'd have ever known if I hadn't joined all those years ago.

I hope I never need it but(t) at least I know a helpful product exists if my ass ever gets chapped.....

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It's Penaten, worked just fine.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Calmoseptine is the best barrier cream for incontinence, IMO. It is what is ordered by the many excellent doctors and nurses I have worked with here in the Boston area where we have some of the best medical care on the planet.

Also #1 recommended by pharmacists: https://health.usnews.com/drugs/ranking ... rotectants
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:21 am
Calmoseptine is the best barrier cream for incontinence, IMO.
Calmoseptine is what the facility provided in bulk for butt maintenance however whenever there was an issue Boudreaux was what NP or MD ordered. It was superior.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I have been wearing a diaper for about three years now and I guess I am lucky, this particular problem has not hit me -- yet.

snailgate

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Burning Petard wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:30 pm
I have been wearing a diaper for about three years now and I guess I am lucky, this particular problem has not hit me -- yet.

snailgate
Three years? Good gravy Marie, that a good while to wear a diaper. I presume leakage isn't a real issue or you would have had to change it at some point.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

It does get heavy, but social distancing is not a problem.

snailgate

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

It does get heavy, but social distancing is not a problem. It is amazing how much science has improved. Those gels really absorb.

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

How is it that I am only just learning that bananas can be refrigerated? I always thought it would ruin them. Now I discover that I could have avoided collecting brown bananas in my freezer until they could be made into banana bread.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Scooter wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:23 pm
How is it that I am only just learning that bananas can be refrigerated? I always thought it would ruin them. Now I discover that I could have avoided collecting brown bananas in my freezer until they could be made into banana bread.
Just don’t put them in there until they are the desired level of ripeness.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

That's what I did. Didn't have to start eating them before they were ripe enough to get through them before they had gone over. It's nothing short of a marvel.

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Scooter wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:23 pm
253683687_4764647940263282_5118036660860711559_n.png
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Facebook keeps suggesting I friend “white-boy” Rick
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The concert tragedy in Houston was all the more puzzling to me because I’d never even heard of the performer, who is apparently HUGE, on a global scale. Lately when I’m browsing the streaming services looking for something to watch, I keep asking myself over and over ‘who ARE these lead actors?’ while at the same time knowing that they must be big to lots of people with fewer tree rings than me. The actors I adored in the love stories and adventures of my youth are playing GRANDPARENTS now! But worst of all, they keep showing up in the obits.

Somehow, when I wasn’t paying attention, I got old!! And now I understand that some old people are just road weary, sometimes jaded, 19 year olds wondering WTF happened?!

I’m just being a cliche again, aren’t I? 🤷‍♀️ *sigh*
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Won't be long before you're nostalgic for names such as Yugoslavia, Swaziland, Zaire and Czechoslovakia. The danger sign is longing for the likes of Congo Free State, East Prussia and Bengal :lol:

Welcome to the club!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?