Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Crackpot

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by Crackpot »

Just found out that the younger cat had figured out how to open doors.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I once had a cat who figured out how to flush the toilet, which fascinated him. He'd sit on the tank, push the handle down, watch the bowl drain and then run behind the toilet to see where the water went. (He never figured out "drain pipes.") I guess it was some sort of magic trick to him.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

If only you had sent hm to plumbing school instead of getting him that fancy college education, he'd understand drain pipes.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Yes, it's not like Feline Studies is going to net you much of a job. They tend to be good at kneading so pointing them towards a bakery career makes sense.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Wow, I never even knew that was a thing, much less that someone wrote a song and made a video! Clearly, we have been wasting a valuable resource in fields of hydrology/hydrogeology, plumbing and other water sciences. I have had other cats and none of them exhibited the kind of interest or aptitude in water flow studies that Claude (may his memory be a blessing) did.
GAH!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

MajGenl.Meade

Viewer discretion is advised

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The only good poffadder is one that has been well gardened

Evil bastards
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I have a live and let live attitude with snakes. Your God must have put them here for a reason. (Or there is an evolutionary otogensis thingy.) People who murder without need, for food or such, are the real evil bastards in the world.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

We don't wait until one kills one of the many children playing here. If the poffadders stay in the dunes, we know enough to let them be (and we keep away). But when they come out, they stay out.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:50 am
Stealing!!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Bill--your Columbia House post reminded me of something years ago; many years (decades) ago a friend of mine paid a very dirty and elaborate practical joke on me and to get even, I sent his name into every record and book club and magazine subscription I could find (the stack of cards and envelopes we about two inches thick and the cards were mailed from a variety of locations); I made sure to include records, books, and magazines he'd hate and used a nickname for him first name so he'd know who sent it. He was getting boxes of mail to his apartment for weeks and it took him months to get it all straightened out. I hope the statute of limitations has passed.

@W-- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:37 pm
to get even, I sent his name into every record and book club and magazine subscription I could find
That far surpasses a trick my housemates and I played on our housemate who had recently purchased an almost new Corolla with the insurance money from when some drunk teenager drug his parked motorcycle across our unkempt lawn (the housemate was out at the time, so we put the seat in his bed in homage to The Godfather). We put a classified ad in the college newspaper offering the Corolla for sale at 50% of its blue book. The phone rang off the hook, and after his initial confusion poor Mike finally got into the groove by playing along telling callers he had just that moment sold it for even less.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:37 pm
Bill--your Columbia House post reminded me of something years ago; many years (decades) ago a friend of mine paid a very dirty and elaborate practical joke on me and to get even, I sent his name into every record and book club and magazine subscription I could find (the stack of cards and envelopes we about two inches thick and the cards were mailed from a variety of locations); I made sure to include records, books, and magazines he'd hate and used a nickname for him first name so he'd know who sent it. He was getting boxes of mail to his apartment for weeks and it took him months to get it all straightened out. I hope the statute of limitations has passed.

@W-- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In college, we would pull the free mailer cards for every crazy graduate program or study abroad program we could find (all over bulletin boards, etc), and sign up our ex-boyfriends.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

One other thing I now recall; I sent his name and phone number to the military recruiters for all the armed services. If I recall correctly, he had one recruiter go to his apartment and knock on the door and got a lot of phone calls asking him to come in and discuss his interests.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Back on the cats - my kids started watching various pet live streams on my roku, which is signed in as me to youtube, so naturally my youtube recommendations include pet livestreams. I've been enjoying the "Kitten Academy". They got a new momma cat this week who had 8 kittens (live streamed the whole thing).

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I can only BEGIN to imagine what RayTHom would have done with this thread.

snailgate