Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Crackpot

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by Crackpot »

I just got off the phone with my cc customer service
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Reality Bytes

Post by Reality Bytes »

I share your pain, bills this week have included new radiator for my Chrysler £300 (499.71 Australian dollars 460.59 US dollars ) more fecking pills for the dog £177 (271.75 US dollars 294.83 Australian dollars) potential speeding ticket (me) £65 add to that the £40 a week hydrotherapy sessions (dog) plus travel costs to hydrotherapy centre. Running total for dogs treatment over the past 8 months has now topped £9,000 (13,817.70 US dollars 14,991.30 Australian dollars) and still climbing. :roll: :o
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

Timster

Post by Timster »

Reality Bytes wrote:I share your pain, bills this week have included new radiator for my Chrysler £300 (499.71 Australian dollars 460.59 US dollars ) more fecking pills for the dog £177 (271.75 US dollars 294.83 Australian dollars) potential speeding ticket (me) £65 add to that the £40 a week hydrotherapy sessions (dog) plus travel costs to hydrotherapy centre. Running total for dogs treatment over the past 8 months has now topped £9,000 (13,817.70 US dollars 14,991.30 Australian dollars) and still climbing. :roll: :o

Are you crazy?! Those critters must be Gold plated by now... :shock:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Rick

Post by Rick »

Hydrotherapy:

Tie a rope around his neck and throw him in a pond.

Hydrotherapy...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Reality Bytes

Post by Reality Bytes »

Timster wrote:
Reality Bytes wrote:I share your pain, bills this week have included new radiator for my Chrysler £300 (499.71 Australian dollars 460.59 US dollars ) more fecking pills for the dog £177 (271.75 US dollars 294.83 Australian dollars) potential speeding ticket (me) £65 add to that the £40 a week hydrotherapy sessions (dog) plus travel costs to hydrotherapy centre. Running total for dogs treatment over the past 8 months has now topped £9,000 (13,817.70 US dollars 14,991.30 Australian dollars) and still climbing. :roll: :o

Are you crazy?! Those critters must be Gold plated by now... :shock:
That's 1 dog Tim *laffs* every penny of the money has been spent on just 1 dog - however most of it is the insurance companies money though admittedly we've born some of the "extra costs" ourselves (dog crate, baby gate, petrol, air bed, tempting food to build his weight back up, fast food for me to snatch something to eat whilst waiting around at the animal hospital for his dressings to be changed etc. increased insurance premiums etc etc) What does kick our arses a bit is that we have to pay up front then claim it back from the insurers this means that we run about £500 a month behind the expenditure I'm waiting now for a cheque for over £500 and whilst waiting have paid out a further £300 which I'll claim when (not if) it hits £500.

He's not gold plated but he was titanium plated for a while - until his immune system started to try and disolve the plate requiring a 2nd op to remove the flipping thing.

He is however worth every penny and every minute of what we have had to go through this past 8 months.
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

Timster

Post by Timster »

Well I must say kudos to you RB. And that is one lucky dog. My best to both of you. :ok
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Sean wrote:Hmmm...

The wiggly food represents Hen's effort to 'wiggle' out of answering any of our concerns about the way the board is heading.

Or it might be something to do with vegemite... :D
I have no idea really. I'm open for suggestions.

I like it being run the way I thought the CSB was run. As in a Board for all and where member opinion on an issue of Board integrity counts.

I dunno how to put that into effect apart from just let it happen.

A bit like Vegemite, I guess.

:geek:
Bah!

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

vegemite just happens?

Gob

Post by Gob »

If you're not careful...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Botalism happens! .. like vegemite, you don't have to like it.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

It seems wrong to go for a teeth cleaning and go directly for coneys after.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Woof!? Woof?!

My cat just barked!

tyro

Post by tyro »

bigskygal wrote:When you take a swipe at the fly on this side of the window, he feels the disturbance in the air around him caused by your swipe. The fly on the other side does not.

They are reactionary, but not complex thinkers. ;)
I performed a scientific test. I moved my finger ever so slowly towards a fly on the same side of the glass that I was on.

It flew away without a sense of air movement. Next time I see a fly, I will blow gently at it and see what happens.

It will probably follow me everywhere.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Rick

Post by Rick »

Crackpot wrote:Woof!? Woof?!

My cat just barked!
Huckin hairballs...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Nope

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Petrol and a match?
Bah!

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

You're cats are invading aliens in disguise

kristina

Post by kristina »

loCAtek wrote:You're cats are invading aliens in disguise

Oh so very true...our late cat Yuki was in regular communication with the mother ship, although we never knew about what!

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Rick

Post by Rick »