Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
TPFKA@W

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by TPFKA@W »

Blessed is his butt!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm
"Create a way to put your head down between the types of buttocks that are pressed between your cheeks."?
What types are you confused about?

This might be a job for Darren, he knows everything.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

That ambivalent feeling when there is no one for whom you need to manscape, but you know that it will take a weed whacker to deal with it if you don't get to it soon.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

So, why is it that on Pointless, or the Chase, or any BriTV quiz show when the host asks the contestant to "tell us about yourself" the dweebs all commence their speech with "Soooo...."?

E.G. "So, I'm a librarian and I enjoy sexing chickens"

or

"So, for twenty years I was a bling-warbler on Murgle Side"

Is it a verbal pointer indicating that they are likely to END every storyette with "so..." in order to launch into their next thought without pause, breath or a chance for the listener to say a word?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

People literally use the word "So" to begin a sentence much too often.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

So what?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Sew buttons.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I got one of those calls from a number I did not recognize so I did not answer it. I was left a message from a robot I would guess, stating that if I did not return the call an arrest warrant would be issued. Bored silly by too much free time, I called the number. A male, speaking thick, heavily accented English stated that he was "Jack Anderson" with the social security administration. I told him that was some cold he had, that it made him sound like he was calling from India. We were disconnected. I called back, this time playing a distressed woman from the south who had 8 kids and was fearful that if she went to jail them kids would starve. We got disconnected. I called back and said that my name is Cklem Woozehoffer. I was asked to spell the name. C-K-L-E-M W-O-O-Z-H-O-F-F-E-R. I went on adamantly that the K in Cklem was silent. We were disconnected. Them Indian bamboozlers are becoming more wilier.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Consider this —
You can tell someone, "Have a nice day," and no one thinks anything about it.
But you can't say, "Enjoy the next 24 hours!" without it sounding vaguely threatening.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:25 am
Consider this — You can tell someone, "Have a nice day," and no one thinks anything about it.But you can't say, "Enjoy the next 24 hours!" without it sounding vaguely threatening.[/b]
That's similar to stepping into a sparsely occupied elevator and saying, "nice day for a murder, heh?"
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Help! Help! Trump supporters on FB are calling me a liberal!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:29 pm
Help! Help! Trump supporters on FB are calling me a liberal!
I know. I mentioned to husband that we might need to vote democratic. He was in grumpy agreement. Family will think us liberals. The holidays ought to be fun.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Voting against Trump and for the Dem doesn’t make you a liberal, it makes you sane, rational, and someone who cares about our country.

If LJ did it, so can you.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

RayThom

Home for Random Thoughts

Post by RayThom »

Guinevere wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:33 pm
Voting against Trump and for the Dem doesn’t make you a liberal, it makes you sane, rational, and someone who cares about our country.

Yes, let's win one for (our) Gipper.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guinevere wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I did it last time and will do it again. It's all the arguments I put up against the Trumpanzee posts that earn me the Liberal with a small gold star. I tell 'em this Republican is not going to vote for a RINO like Trump and, if the party keeps him as nominee, then it's Biden. This is rather controversial for my more reptilian "friends"

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Indeed; as I see it, for republicans who vote against Trump, it can be seen as a vote to bring back some sanity to the party, rather than let Trump and his sycophants control it.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The steaks are marinading, the potatoes are roasting, the peas await their face-to-face with boiling water . . . I sip on my Jack Daniels and contemplate the Ernie Els 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon breathing its last over there on the shelf with the two glasses waiting thirstily. 23 minutes until dinner - watching Pointless, then The Middle or Big Bang Theory until 9:15 when Spurs play West Ham. That should spoil a pleasant evening.
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Eight people tested positive with covid at work, all residents. Two of them died, ostensibly of covid. no others showed symptoms. Of the remain 6 all but one have had 2 consecutive tests and are released from high quarantine to low quarantine. I tested negative.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 pm
until 9:15 when Spurs play West Ham. That should spoil a pleasant evening.
Spurs not so hot?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 pm
The steaks are marinading, the potatoes are roasting, the peas await their face-to-face with boiling water . . . I sip on my Jack Daniels and contemplate the Ernie Ells 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon breathing its last over there on the shelf with the two glasses waiting thirstily. 23 minutes until dinner - watching Pointless, then The Middle or Big Bang Theory until 9:15 when Spurs play West Ham. That should spoil a pleasant evening.
That's quite prosey, in a Hemingway In Our Time kind of way.