Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Joe Guy

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by Joe Guy »

When Davy Crockett was only three he kilt him a blueberry bear.

Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the blueberry frontier...

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I've heard of cinnamon bears, gummi bears, honey bears, Hamm's bears, and even Sugar Bears, but never a blueberry bear.

Or did you maybe mean a blueberry BEER?
ImageImage
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Scooter wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:06 am
Why is it that nothing sold as blueberry flavoured bears even the remotest resemblance to the taste of blueberries?
p

I find they also are lacking in any bear flavor either.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol: :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 am
I hate blueberry flavored bears
You’re just going to have to accept that’s Scooters lifestyle
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You found me out. I'm hot for bears, but only the blueberry flavoured ones.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

"Blueberries" - that's what 19th century Chinese railroad workers called the U.S. cavalry, ain't it?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:03 pm
"Blueberries" - that's what 19th century Chinese railroad workers called the U.S. cavalry, ain't it?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

And they would look for thrills on a hill somewhere.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Why is it that on Quick Links, when I select "Your Messages" I always get a list of my own messages?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I am really fucking tired of playing Cassandra at work.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

Home for Random Thoughts

Post by RayThom »

Crackpot wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:57 pm
I am really fucking tired of playing Cassandra at work.
Play something else.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'm quite sure that shaving cream containers used to give this instruction:

1. Wash face with soap and water
2. Gently pat face dry with towel
3. Apply shaving cream - about the size of a walnut - and rub into beard
4. Shave

Now it just suggests:
Rub a small amount of shaving cream on to wet face

I'm worried that generations of young shavers are doing it wrong which accounts for all those assholes with the unshaven look. They have no choice because they don't know about the walnuts

RayThom

Home for Random Thoughts

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:33 pm
... I'm worried that generations of young shavers are doing it wrong which accounts for all those assholes with the unshaven look. They have no choice because they don't know about the walnuts
That got me thinking about young shavers.

Did Jesus Have a Beard?
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/jesus ... beard.html
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:33 pm
... I'm worried that generations of young shavers are doing it wrong which accounts for all those assholes with the unshaven look. They have no choice because they don't know about the walnuts
That got me thinking about young shavers.

Did Jesus Have a Beard?
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/jesus ... beard.html
The historical Jesus was, in fact, a Jew, and Judaism prohibits shaving with a razor on the basis of a rabbinic interpretation of Leviticus 19:27, which states, "You shall not round off the side-growth on your head, or destroy the side-growth of your beard."  The Mishnah interprets this as a prohibition on using a razor on the beard.  This prohibition is further expanded upon in kabbalistic literature.  The halakhic prohibition applies to shaving off the pe'ot (sidelocks) and corners of the beard by means of a razor.

So I think it's safe to say that from puberty on, Jesus did have a beard and sidelocks.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's a little known fact to people other than me that young Jesus graduated from a Catholic high school, which didn't allow beards, mustaches or long hair. That's why some pictures of younger Jesus show a shaved face. A little later in his young life, he got the urge to get into show business, which helped him realize that he was actually Jewish, so he let his face grow.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

To be clear, I wasn't dissing beards but the slightly unshaved, five o'clock shadow look that is so "manly". Probably preferred by chaps with big red sports cars and a desire to own a big howitzer

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And wear surgical masks under their noses and underpants under their wee willies...

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:06 am
To be clear, I wasn't dissing beards but the slightly unshaved, five o'clock shadow look that is so "manly". Probably preferred by chaps with big red sports cars and a desire to own a big howitzer

I think it has more to do with being tired of shaving every day. Perhaps you are projecting your own desires here.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:17 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:06 am
I think it has more to do with being tired of shaving every day. Perhaps you are projecting your own desires here.
I had a red sports car (alleged, though it's too heavy really). A Nissan 300ZX 2+2 which I certainly enjoyed. Also had a nice collection of firearms including several Lee-Enfield long 'uns. But I don't affect the scruffy-chic shadow look. Although I often don't bother shaving for several days which really annoys Margaretta.
Maybe you're right . . . :roll: