Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
TPFKA@W

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by TPFKA@W »

T’aint!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

'Tis too!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Or mayhap 3?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Or maybe 4?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:31 am
Or maybe 4?
That’s just crazy talk.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:18 am
That’s just crazy talk.
Maybe it is.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Today I learned that even though I learned that I was pronouncing “Quixote” wrong over 30 years ago I have been pronouncing “quixotic” right all along. :shrug
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Do British websites use biscuits?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Yes, and Italian websites use biscotti.

Dago on your hard drive.

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

My family just found out why my auntie was in the hospital after a fall. It is because she was tazed twiced and now we are waiting to see if sge will make it to the weekend, I wish I hadn't read article. I am horrified. my oassport is lapsed. I am pissed, We are waiting for police cam to be released. Fucjing pussies. She had a walker, I have always called her Saint Claire. Shit. Venting. It's on the news here as well and I can't imagine ANY possible scenario to have to tase my auntie. She is spry 95 but come on.

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

My family just found out why my auntie was in the hospital after a fall. It is because she was tazed twiced and now we are waiting to see if sge will make it to the weekend, I wish I hadn't read article. I am horrified. my oassport is lapsed. I am pissed, We are waiting for police cam to be released. Fucjing pussies. She had a walker, I have always called her Saint Claire. Shit. Venting. It's on the news here as well and I can't imagine ANY possible scenario to have to tase my auntie. She is spry 95 but come on.

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Hi PMS Princess, welcome back. You will see we have a glitch in the board these days wherein posts don’t appear to go through even though they do. Pro tip, don’t keep submitting the post - go back to the prior page and reload your browser and you should see your post then.

Now what’s this about auntie getting tased?! Please provide more details - is there a news story yet? This may seem outrageous, but I have seen far too many cases of thug cops roughing up elders so I cannot pretend to be shocked.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Was this the story PMS Princess:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65642974

Tasing an elderly woman with a walker? There appears to be no excuse for that; I can't conceive that even just two police police couldn't disarm a 95 year old woman with a walker--let alone understand who they would assume she posed a threat to them. I share your outrage.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

PMS Princess, love your Avatar. I hope to see it here frequently. Snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Big RR wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:31 pm
Was this the story PMS Princess:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65642974

Tasing an elderly woman with a walker? There appears to be no excuse for that; I can't conceive that even just two police police couldn't disarm a 95 year old woman with a walker--let alone understand who they would assume she posed a threat to them. I share your outrage.
I am seething with rage at this story - this is beyond the pale. It’s sickening to see that this police insanity is apparently everywhere.

My god. Motherfucking unbelievable!! As someone who works with 90-somethings for nearly a decade now, there is no fucking way that level of force could be needed to contain a shuffling 95 year old with a walker and a steak knife.

I would like to take a steak knife to the cop who deployed the taser.

Deepest condolences, PMS Princess.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I agree with BSG on this one.  This is unconscionable.  The only reason I can think of for the LEOs to take such action would have been if the elderly woman with the knife was — I hesitate to use the phrase "holding a hostage"...  perhaps a better description might be "in a position to cause serious harm to another vulnerable resident of the home".

Please, keep us up to date, especially on what action is taken with regard to the law officers.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

PMS, P L E A S E do not accept my post above as an indication of acceptance of your aunt's situation. I is a reflection that I am emotionally exhausted by the multiple examples of the cruelty people do to one another with the authority of the state behind them.

snailgate.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What a ridiculous over-reaction to an old lady with a walker and a knife. I expect my aged aunt could take the knife away from her without anyone getting hurt. The sheer stupidity of it all . . . and the staff! They couldn't disarm her gently? Awful
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

Yes, BigRR, that is the story. There are a few articles and I just feel numb after reading. Normally, I would be ranting. I just plan on meeting the two officers face to face when I get there. I didn't realize how bad the head injury until you posted that article.

Thanks everyone for your concern. Any information from Down Under would be appreciated. I will post updates from family too.