oldr_n_wsr's alcoholic adventure

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Sean

Re: oldr_n_wsr's alcoholic adventure

Post by Sean »

loCAtek wrote:um, yea.
You don't sound like you're in full agreement Lo...
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Sean wrote:Second that Strop. I would offer advice but I'm presently between 'quitting smoking' attempts...

So probably not the best advice-giver here...
Chantix, or in Oz it's known as Champix. If you don't mind very vivid dreams, it does work. I am currently on it and have not had any desire to smoke (I did have one last week and it did absolutely nothing for me) not kic fits no nothing, it took them all away. My brother went on Chantix and has been smoke free for 1 year and my sister used Chantix and has been smoke free for over three years. And both my brother and sister have spouses that still smoke.

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Well, asking offline didn't work for me, but maybe I'll try a different support person...

Oh wait, I have. 8-)

Sean

Post by Sean »

oldr_n_wsr wrote:
Sean wrote:Second that Strop. I would offer advice but I'm presently between 'quitting smoking' attempts...

So probably not the best advice-giver here...
Chantix, or in Oz it's known as Champix. If you don't mind very vivid dreams, it does work. I am currently on it and have not had any desire to smoke (I did have one last week and it did absolutely nothing for me) not kic fits no nothing, it took them all away. My brother went on Chantix and has been smoke free for 1 year and my sister used Chantix and has been smoke free for over three years. And both my brother and sister have spouses that still smoke.
Yep, I've done the Champix thing. It worked just as you say but I don't think I was 'ready' to quit. It lasted a few months for me...
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

Sean

Post by Sean »

loCAtek wrote:Well, asking offline didn't work for me, but maybe I'll try a different support person...

Oh wait, I have. 8-)
I think you'll find that Strop was referring to online support... which is something I seem to recall you getting a lot of when you told the CSB about your problem...

Sean

Post by Sean »

Like I said, I've tried it Hen. I do think that you've got to be ready to quit and I obviously wasn't.

When I am ready Champix is the way to go! :ok

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

In order for any advice to work Lo, you actually have to take it instead of just sending off more mails about all your " issues" and ignoring said advice.

: )
Bah!

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Sean wrote:Like I said, I've tried it Hen. I do think that you've got to be ready to quit and I obviously wasn't.

When I am ready Champix is the way to go! :ok
I hadn't read page two, so I deleted my post. :D
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

LMAO - Thank fuck for that! I thought I was going Loco...

Timster

Post by Timster »

The Hen wrote:In order for any advice to work Lo, you actually have to take it instead of just sending off more mails about all your " issues" and ignoring said advice.

: )
Without saying too much... That would be a good start... :shrug
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

I think I need to find someone who listens, while not judging.

Oh wait, I have;

Ask a monk All others, who play control games, I haven't a use for. So, why keep pushing that on me, I dunno? :shrug It's been nearly a year, they should get over it.

I have.

Sean

Post by Sean »

So why the fuck would you bring it up if you're so over it?

Timster

Post by Timster »

cOOL~ However; Hard to "listen" when folks are PRE JUDGING what one has to say before they hear what you have to say. Especially when one hasn't even said it yet...

Fuck me pink~ :roll:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Sean

Post by Sean »

Is it possible that we have stumbled on the real reason for Lo's perceived problem with Strop and Hen...

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Oh, it's not 'bout them, I keep saying so. They could move on too; that's their choice to, or not to.

Sean

Post by Sean »

So you keep saying...

It's actually getting a little more incredulous every time you spout it though.

Oh and to use the word 'too' implies that you have moved on. At the risk of repeating myself, why the fuck would you bring it up if you're so over it?

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

You asked.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I did... and you have yet to answer.

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

You're right, I'm not over alcoholism. Did you have any other questions?

Sean

Post by Sean »

Just the one that you keep evading:

So why the fuck would you bring it up if you're so over it?

And don't pretend that you think I'm referring to your alcoholism. I'm asking about you bringing up your perceived lack of support from Hen and Strop.