"Kitty Cat Gets A Bath" -by- Claude Balls

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
dales

"Kitty Cat Gets A Bath" -by- Claude Balls

Post by dales »

My pet cat got a nice warm bath today.

No scratches, runs or errors!

(although for several hours she ignored my prescence) :lol:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

kristina

Re: "Kitty Cat Gets A Bath" -by- Claude Balls

Post by kristina »

I wouldn't dream of trying to give our little monster a bath (at least not without an EMT standing by to stitch me up...). She loves to be combed and brushed, however, so we do that as often as possible. And I can only manage to clip about two claws at a sitting. Bad pet parent--no martini!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Maya has to be physically removed from the bathroom unless I want to share my shower with 28lbs of feline. She gets about one bath a week. (She sulks if I don't. Maya is WEIRD.) The other two like water as much as most cats do...they don't get many baths.

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

28lbs!? What does she eat? Lard?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

IIRC, Jarl's cat Maya is a Maine Coon Cat--which are sometimes bigger than dogs!

Image Image
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Yep, Maya is a Maine Coon, though she's huge even by MCC standards (most top out at about 15-20lbs). They're not fat, just large, heavy-boned cats (though I think they DO retain more fat than most, to stay warm in cold weather.) A theory I've heard is the breed came about as the result of domestic cats crossbreeding with bobcats. (Domestic cats and bobcats CAN crossbreed.) That would explain a lot about the breed: the large size, the muscular build, the fact that some have a mane-like "ruff" (Maya doesn't, it's uncommon), and the thick coat. They even have heavy fur in their ears & between their toes, as well as a tail that resembles a brush one might use to clean out a 4" pipe. (Even in her summer coat, Maya's tail will puff up to a larger diameter than a baseball.)

Maya's coloring is like the top image...seems to be the most common. I have cats in sizes S (Vierna, 8lb shorthair), XL (Briza, 16lb orange tabby), and XXXL (Maya).

(And yes, the names did come from the same place I got my screen name here.)

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

They look so mello, can you use her for bicep curls?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

No. That requires a weight that stays still. Attempting that provokes one of two reactions in Maya, more or less temperature-dependent. In warm weather, she will go totally limp in a credible imitation of a sack of sand. In cold weather, she will attempt to climb onto my shoulder or head. She makes an excellent bed warmer in the winter, though. :D She is currently sprawled out in a truly painful-looking contortion on the floor, sleeping soundly and snoring loudly.