I just passed...

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Jarlaxle

I just passed...

Post by Jarlaxle »

...my motorcycle training course! :) :) Passed a couple hours ago...I can now get my MC endorsement.

And damn if I know how they wanted me to go FASTER for one of the maneuvers (sweeping right turn), considering the training bike (a 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250) had MECHANICAL DRUM BRAKES! Even on the training course at <20MPH, I could actually feel them fading.

Gob

Re: I just passed...

Post by Gob »

Good on you mate, I'm seriously thinking of getting back on a bike, (probs a 650-750 cc,) but will wait for summer here.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

:clap: for you jaraxle
I've had my MC license since 1976 although I did not have a motorcycle from 1983 til 2008. I did ride my fathers bike once in a while.
Just tuned up (cleaned the spark plugs), checked (tire pressure, chain tightening, brake check, change oil/filter, etc) and cleaned the bike up this past saturday. Took it around the neighborhood a bit and all seems well. This coming Sunday is the annual "blessing of the bikes" ride.

Ride safe jaraxle.

Trying to talk dad into a trip to Laconia this year. He has gone in the past, but I don't think he is that enthused about it this year. He is 80yo.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

If you do...Im on the way. :D Maybe we can meet for lunch or something.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

I'll keep you posted.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Any update, Oldr?

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Sorry, no Laconia this year. Dad's not up for it and I have too much to do around the house and not much saved time off from work.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

:(