trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by wesw »

for good measure...

MajGenl.Meade

Re: got your sign right here!!!!!

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

don t even pretend this little temper tantrum on ya' lls my part, and protest on my part, began because of my posting style....

it began when I posted.., vote trump.

Now the reason of course that we can know that this is a complete load of mountain oysters, is due to the fact that this is hardly the first time wes has been called on his trolling with multiple consecutive posts...

He started doing it right after he began posting here, and was called on it then, and he has been called on it several times since whenever it has become excessive...

It has nothing to do with his dumb decision to support Trump....

Trust me on this wes, nobody here is thinking, "You know, posting eight times in a row would be perfectly fine if he just wasn't a Trump supporter..."

Two other things wrong with that quote I began this post with:

First, making discussion impossible by clogging up a thread with multiple consecutive posts is a posting "style" only in the sense that driving 30 miles per hour with your right blinker on in the left hand lane on the highway can be called a driving "style"...

And second, he has the who is having the "temper tantrum" and who is making a "protest" exactly backwards...

But other than that, it's a spot o post...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Surprise, surprise, Trump is also trying to play the nativist card on Cruz:
Trump: I'm an evangelical, Cruz is Cuban

Donald Trump tweeted Friday morning that Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was planning an attack on him. He then questioned Cruz's religion and ties to Big Oil in comments Friday night.

"I am an evangelical. I'm a Christian. I'm a Presbyterian," Trump said to an Iowa town hall rally. In contrast, he said that while he personally liked Cruz, "not a lot of evangelicals come out of Cuba, in all fairness."

Trump may be feeling pressure from Cruz after the Texas senator snatched first place from the billionaire in a Monmouth University Poll released Monday. Cruz is also ranked first in the Washington Examiner's power rankings.
It there's a single negative impulse Trump can exploit to get votes, you can bet he'll use it...
ImageImageImage

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Here's a news flash for the TrumptyDumpty:

"Christian," "Evangelical," and "Presbyterian" are not equivalent.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm sorry, but "evangelical" and "Presbyterian" are not two words that tend to go together. Not saying they are mutually exclusive, by any means, but most people who would call themselves evangelical would have about as much affinity with Presbyterians as they would with Wiccans.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

...except for that jesus thing. (sorry, I m going back out to my new truck now, I ll shut up..., but ooooh, jim s got one coming, I ll tell you....)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oh, I don't know. First of all, Trump's a monster and an idiot. Those who support him are monsters and idiots (and the children of incestuous idiots)

Second, he did not say that Christian = evangelical = Presbyterian. He claimed to be all three and is probably lying as usual.

Also too, I am a Christian and an evangelical and (at least in South Africa) I was a Presbyterian too also furthermore. I preached in Presbyterian congregations. If not for the return to the USA, I would have become an elder.

We were going to join the Presbyterian church here in Kent but in the end determined to join the local Baptists at Hooters

Of course
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

wesw wrote:every freakin song was relevant to the thread, and expressed a point I was trying to make. if you don t like my posts put me on ignore, or thro me out of the party and I ll express my views elsewhere.

you really should listen tho...., good stuff
I think you'd be much happier posting at US Message Board: http://www.usmessageboard.com/

I'm not saying you should leave here, but you should check that forum out - there are many more like-minded folks over there you could troll with your ugly politics. Rude multiple posts probably won't upset anyone over there, either.

While you are here, you should show some courtesy to the people who have been posting here since the beginning. IMHO.
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

"not a lot of evangelicals come out of Cuba, in all fairness."
Probably true, although Cuba probably has exported a pretty good number of evangelicas or evangelistas. :shrug

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Wes, PLEASE STOP TROLLING THE THE FUCKING THREAD!
Treat Gaza like Carthage.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh big sky, you are just so considerate, but I think that you are forgetting which of us has had the happiness problem recently. mind your business

besides this thread has not bothered me or angered me in the least, I m quite enjoying it.

I have enjoyed it and participated in this thread since I started it. prescient I tell you prescient.....

I know that trump and the trumpanzees have upset you, feel free to unload on me. I can take it.

this is gonna be a long cycle for you guys whether or not I post.....

and jarl, HA!!!! vote trump

oh, and h [ haven t forgot you jim, but you deserve a post aaallll of your own....., and your gonna get it , buster!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I'm just saying that if you want a place to post ugly political posts repetitively, you should check it out. Unless you actually enjoy frustrating everyone here. :shrug
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

the worst part is that I have played ya ll some damned fine music, even went to the trouble to find good live or studio or performance versions for the most part, and not even a thank you. I bet you let those beautiful beatles songs pass right on by..., shame that...

...but I understand, let me have it, I can carry...... (oh, the drummer looks like me, or rather I him, old fart..., and listen at least til the black lady sings..., she s good...I m gonna listen too...)

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:the worst part is that I have played ya ll some damned fine music, even went to the trouble to find good live or studio or performance versions for the most part, and not even a thank you. I bet you let those beautiful beatles songs pass right on by..., shame that...
No, jackwad, you haven't played me any music.  What you *HAVE* done is needlessly annoyed countless thousands of electrons by posting links to songs, most of which I already know by heart, so there is no need for me to click on them to hear the Beatles sing "Yesterday" or "Revolution" for the three-hundred-and-twenty-nine-squintillionth time.

I've been here for maybe ten days now, and even I'm beginning to wonder if you were known as 'jay' in a former life (ex-pats from the old Car Talk board will get the reference).
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BB... BB... jay was fun

wesw

Post by wesw »

no more time to stop and smell the roses eh, BB? shame that, have you heard the Charlie daniels or the hank jr songs? pretty good stuff...

wesw

Post by wesw »

...and those rock and roll circus performances? not too common, well dead common yeah, but not much seen....

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:...except for that jesus thing
That's precisely the point - most evangelicals don't believe that mainstream Christians are "real" Christians - they haven't been born again and all that truck. Trump attempting to claim common ground with them by saying he is Presbyterian is akin to a Jew trying to convince a group of Muslims that he really is one of them.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown