Vote for Sarah!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Vote for Sarah!

Post by Joe Guy »

:loon

Palin draws fire with North Korea gaffe

The Associated Press
Thursday, November 25, 2010; 6:44 AM

WASHINGTON -- Sarah Palin is drawing criticism from around the world after declaring that the United States has to stand with "our North Korean allies."

Palin's gaffe, made Wednesday during an interview on Glenn Beck's syndicated radio show, was quickly corrected by her host. But it drew immediate fire from liberal bloggers, who cited it as an example of the 2008 vice presidential candidate's lack of foreign policy expertise.

Newspapers in Asia and Europe are repeating the criticism. The Times of India says Palin "did it again," while London's Daily Mail says she "may want to brush up on her geography."

The conservative U.S. website The Weekly Standard came to Palin's defense, pointing out that "she correctly identified North Korea as our enemy literally eight seconds before the mix-up."

source

tyro

Re: Vote for Sarah!

Post by tyro »

Give her some credit.

When she stands on that bridge, she can see North Korea.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I have to say, that making a huge deal out of this is unfair. This was pretty clearly a slip of the tongue; I don't think even Sarah Palin is stupid enough not to know that South Korea is our ally on that peninsula.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter wrote:I have to say, that making a huge deal out of this is unfair. This was pretty clearly a slip of the tongue; I don't think even Sarah Palin is stupid enough not to know that South Korea is our ally on that peninsula.
I don't know, Scooter. I think she might be stupid enough.

You can listen to her here.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Scooter wrote:I have to say, that making a huge deal out of this is unfair. This was pretty clearly a slip of the tongue; I don't think even Sarah Palin is stupid enough not to know that South Korea is our ally on that peninsula.

I have a bridge you may like to buy... ;)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I've have a fair bit of criticism for Palin, but I agree with Scooter on this one...

If any other politician had made this mistake, it would have been assumed to be nothing more than a slip of the tongue, and not even worthy of mention....

There's plenty to criticize Palin about but this is a cheap shot...
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

It's not a criticism Jim, it's a celebration of the grand tradition of US leaders (Bush, Regan, Carter, etc) who couldn't find their own arses with both hands tied behind their backs. :P
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The thing about Sarah Palin is that she seems so natural when saying stupid things that I tend to believe that she means it.

Gob

Post by Gob »

"I'd like to thank President Figueiredo and all the people of Bolivia".

rubato

Post by rubato »

I agree with scooter that this was a minor slip, she just mis-spoke. And I don't think we should make too much of it.

On the other hand the fact that her previous public expressions of native ignorance were sufficient for the greater mistake of not knowing the difference to have been plausible, is all her own doing.

I, for one, regard her as a gift from god to bless both the bone-stupid right wing with the leader they have missed since RR escaped prosecution and died, a leader no more intelligent than the least of them, and to give heart and hope to competent smart liberals as well.

yrs,
rubato

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

You guys must have forgotten. North Korea was among the seven additional secret states visited by Barry during his campaign.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Agreed. (Though I note that conservatives like dgs are still bringing up a similar obvious slip of the tongue that Obama made under the influence of campaign exhaustion more than two years ago.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God