Captured sailors

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Lord Jim

Re: Captured sailors

Post by Lord Jim »

Then you probably think that sending a kid to go stand in the corner is child abuse.
These are not "children" being disciplined by their "parents"...

These are United States military personnel, out risking their lives for their country, (Our Country) being put on display in a posture of abject surrender for propaganda purposes by a hostile regime...

It's difficult to imagine a more exceptionally poor analogy then "parent" and "child".... :roll:

Personally I can't understand how any American can look at this picture in particular:

With American sailors kneeling in surrender pose, on an American ship, with the American flag flying in the foreground, and not feel both anger and sadness... :evil: :(

But hey, that's just me...

ETA:

And as I pointed out earlier, this is just the latest in a whole series of provocations from this hostile rogue regime...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

And they were taken over by that crew in that boston whaler?

Something in this whole situation isn't right.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Lord Jim wrote:Personally I can't understand how any American can look at this picture in particular:

With American sailors kneeling in surrender pose, on an American ship, with the American flag flying in the foreground, and not feel both anger and sadness... :evil: :(

But hey, that's just me...
Then you are A Idiot. The Iranians boarding the vessel had no idea what was going on, what the U.S. sailors' intentions were, or what kind of threats to their own safety they might encounter. Do you think it would have played out any differently if the roles had been reversed? (I would certainly hope not.) The photos are actually proof that no one was injured or mistreated in any way.
oldr_n_wsr wrote:And they were taken over by that crew in that boston whaler?

Something in this whole situation isn't right.
Whatever it is, I'm sure it's Obama's fault. :roll:
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Sue U wrote: Whatever it is, I'm sure it's Obama's fault. :roll:
... and Hillary. Don't forget that - it's the most important aspect.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Then you are A Idiot.
You know Sue, that really is beneath you...

You and I have had many heated disagreements over the years without either of us resorting to that kind of thing...

I've always felt that despite our coming from completely different world views, that we've had a basic underlying level of mutual respect....

But if you've decided that you want to go Donald Trump (or rube) on me and start getting into the calling each other "idiot" "stupid" "moron" etc. business, hey, I'll put on my dance shoes...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

not even proper English, that.....

I am AN idiot.....

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

And this facile construction:
is also grossly unfair...

The record shows that I have been unsparing in my criticism of many in my own party...

Look at what I've had to say about the Tea Partiers; or Cruz, or Paul or Gingrich or Bachmann, or many others...

The total contempt and condemnation I have expressed for the "Kamikaze Caucus" and the "Radical Randians" and the "Neo Spencerians"...

I've also been highly critical of some decisions made by George W. Bush...

I've been more critical of Donald Trump then anyone here...

Hell, Dave doesn't think I should even quality as a Republican...

When I say I am angered and saddened by that photo, it is a sincere feeling...

I'd feel exactly the same way no matter who was President...

And anyone who has read what I have posted over the years should know that...

ETA:

You can certainly disagree with me, but please don't think for a moment that my view of this is the result of some sort of knee-jerk Rush Limbaugh/FOX News inspired "Obama Derangement Syndrome"...

That's not the way I reach conclusions...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Lord Jim wrote:
Then you are A Idiot.
You know Sue, that really is beneath you...

You and I have had many heated disagreements over the years without either of us resorting to that kind of thing...

I've always felt that despite our coming from completely different world views, that we've had a basic underlying level of mutual respect....

But if you've decided that you want to go Donald Trump (or rube) on me and start getting into the calling each other "idiot" "stupid" "moron" etc. business, hey, I'll put on my dance shoes...
You are right, that was uncalled for. I apologize.
wesw wrote:I am AN idiot.....
I can't argue with that, either.
GAH!

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Lord Jim wrote:And this facile construction:
is also grossly unfair...
That was not directed to you, so no need to take umbrage.

Besides, I myself blame Obama for pretty much everything.

(Although I understand that now I'll have to start blaming Hillary.)
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

You are right, that was uncalled for. I apologize.
Apology accepted... :ok

I would hate to go down that kind of mud wrestling road with you Sue; you're one of my favorite posters here... :kiss: :)
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: X 2 8-)
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

:ok you are welcome!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

LJ I'm sorry - I didn't know you had planned to send the money all along. I don't have a PayPal account, so if you wouldn't mind it would be very convenient if you could send a check to these folks - http://www.voteberniesanders2016.com/donate/ - they look after stuff for me and they will make sure I get it. No need to put my name on the check - I told them to expect it and they will be looking out for it. They will send you a receipt for tax purposes.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

LJ I'm sorry - I didn't know you had planned to send the money all along. I don't have a PayPal account, so if you wouldn't mind it would be very convenient if you could send a check to these folks - http://www.voteberniesanders2016.com/donate/ - they look after stuff for me and they will make sure I get it.
Yes, and if I do that, how are you going to know that you were paid? And how am I going to prove that I paid you?

If you are so primitive that you don't even have a PayPal account, I'll do this for you:

If you need 25$ that bad, please PM me your name and address, (unless you think I'm going to stalk you to avoid paying you 25$) and I'll send you an actual written check... :ok

(I write maybe three or four checks a year, and you'll get one of them... )

The fact that I'm willing to assume that you are telling the truth...and take you at your word..(even though you are obviously an asshole) ought to tell you something... :ok ;)

You've been carrying this around with you for a very long time... :?
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I thought about that. They will send me a copy of the receipt which I will post here. It's the least I can do to let everyone know that you do, in fact, pay your debts and that what they say about you just isn't true. You're a gent, LJ. (Doffs cap.)

RayThom

xKA. OH, MY

Post by RayThom »

A $25 contribution made to the Bernie Sander For President fund "signed" by LJ? Why don't you just ask him to stick his head in the oven while on auto-clean?

This should be good.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

As an alternative, LJ could send the check to me and I'll deposit it along with Gob's lottery ticket payment (pending) which is all for a good cause.... in fact, I just might send it all to Bernie

ABC, LJ - ABC!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

A $25 contribution made to the Bernie Sander For President fund "signed" by LJ? Why don't you just ask him to stick his head in the oven while on auto-clean?
Well, now that's a very good point..

I would much rather shove my head in an oven, than contribute to Bernie Sanders... 8-)
ImageImageImage

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Wait, if it's really all HRC's fault, shouldn't ExKA direct LJ to send the $$$ here: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/contribute/donate/

Just trying to be helpful and mediate this obvious stalemate :mrgreen:
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké