[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Plan B Forum • View topic - 2020 Presidential Candidates: Joe Biden

2020 Presidential Candidates: Joe Biden

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Postby Lord Jim » Sat May 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Last edited by Lord Jim on Sat May 11, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Jim

Re: 2020 Presidential Candidates: Joe Biden

Postby Scooter » Sat May 11, 2019 7:52 pm

All very sound reasoning. And let's be real, you'd have to go pretty far back to find a time when the Dems actually ended up nominating a "lefty" candidate; for decades their chosen candidate has always been pretty centrist.
Scooter

Postby MajGenl.Meade » Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 am

Here's a slogan: BIDEN - his time!
The world is full of shitty things that should never have happened. Look at Sean Hanitty.
"The Road to Little Dribbling" - Bill Bryson
MajGenl.Meade

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 pm

I'm not for Biden for several reasons. One is that I think he's unelectable. He's four years older than Trump and seven years older than me. (He would have four living ex-presidents, three of who completed two full terms, younger than he is.) I actually think that he's a young 76 but why give the other side something to attack him on? After all one of 'our' arguments against Trump, that must have been worth at least a few votes, was that the guy is just too old and losing it (if he ever had It in the first place). The other side will drag up the recycling of Neil Kinnock's speeches from 1988. And if there is one lesson from the Trump election and the way in which B Sanders came from nowhere to almost pip Clinton for the nomination, it's that many voters want something more than 'different face, same story' of the machine politicians. You could say that Obama was another manifestation of that desperation for change.

Were I a voter I'd vote for Biden. But I'm not convinced that he has enough of the newness factor about him to actually win.
ex-khobar Andy

Postby Bicycle Bill » Sun May 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?
Bicycle Bill

Postby BoSoxGal » Sun May 12, 2019 6:44 pm

@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest shithole in the world! ~ Vicente Fox Quesada

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States, IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives December 18, 2019.
BoSoxGal

Postby Lord Jim » Mon May 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Lord Jim

Postby rubato » Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 am

it is a little early for me to be picking horses. I'm just glad to see a strong field with a lot of intelligent and articulate candidates. My only real negative is Sanders who ought to be ashamed to try to manipulate a party he does not support just to burnish his ego.

yrs,
rubato
rubato

Postby Crackpot » Tue May 14, 2019 1:55 am

It feels so weird when I agree with rubato
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.
Crackpot

Postby Scooter » Tue May 14, 2019 2:01 am

It's his supporters that I have more of a problem with. The comments on social media where they incessantly tear down every other candidate show that they are prepared to repeat their folly of 2016, where they see their preferred candidate as the only choice and are prepared to withhold their vote (or, indeed, vote for Trump) if anyone else gets the nomination. It's like a cult. I don't see supporters of any other candidate doing that.
Scooter

Postby Crackpot » Tue May 14, 2019 2:43 am

Those may well be the Russian trolls repeating thier formulfrom 2016.
Crackpot

Postby rubato » Thu May 16, 2019 12:35 am

rubato

Postby Crackpot » Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 am

Ahh there’s the unrepentant asshole we all know and endure.
Crackpot

Postby Scooter » Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 am

Scooter

Postby rubato » Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 pm

He had an opportunity to be gracious and chose to be an ass instead. i merely pointed out his dickishness.

As did you. You are both cowards. Suckups to the claque.

yrs,
rubato
rubato

Postby Scooter » Thu May 16, 2019 11:57 pm

Oh yeah, that's definitely me, sucking up to others here. I am famous for it.

How soon you forget how many times I have called others to task when I believed they were in the wrong when interacting with you. I call 'em as I see 'em, as I did in this case, and will continue to do so regardless of your transparent attempt to trigger the same perpetual animosity that you have caused others to harbour toward you.
Scooter

Postby dales » Fri May 17, 2019 12:43 am

Note my sig line...……. :lol:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato
dales

Postby Lord Jim » Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am

Lord Jim

Postby Lord Jim » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 am

Lord Jim

Postby RayThom » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:56 pm

I still feel strongly that the Dem ticket will come down to Biden/Warren -- and if they win -- Biden will "abdicate" in 2024 leaving Warren with a shot at being our first woman president.

Buttigieg is my favorite candidate, but with Biden now in the running, I feel I must go with the one who will run strongest against Lord Dampnut, and be the most electable. (ie. most centrist)

Buttigieg will make an excellent cabinet member which will season him well as a presidential candidate after Warren.
“I have lived in this world long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time."  
RayThom

Next

Return to Politics