[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Plan B Forum • View topic - You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Postby Burning Petard » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:46 pm

I give you my solitary justification for not impeaching POTUS:

President Mike Pence.

snailgate
Burning Petard

Postby Big RR » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 pm

That is not something to look forward to, but I have to think it would be an improvement on the current presideNt; who wOuldn't be?
Big RR

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:20 pm

My nightmare too. I do have a question - in the vanishingly unlikely event that Trump is impeached and convicted, would there be anything stopping him from standing again in 2020?
ex-khobar Andy

Postby Scooter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm

My understanding is that upon conviction, the Senate can also vote to bar the person from holding any federal office.
Scooter

Postby Big RR » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:02 pm

I think you're right there, but it does appear this would have to be paired with removal from office.
Big RR

Postby Scooter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Removal from office comes automatically with conviction (Article III, Section 4)
Scooter

Postby Big RR » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Well that brings us back to the Clinton discussion--could the Senate convict and then censure him? There were good arguments on both sides, but I lean toward there being no right to censure in an impeachment trial (although I imagine the Senate could censure in a separate action.
Big RR

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 pm

ex-khobar Andy

Postby Scooter » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 pm

Scooter

Postby Bicycle Bill » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:10 am

With regard to Greta Thunberg and her right to attempt to influence policy on global warming despite her young age, all I can do is quote Bob Dylan:
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?
Bicycle Bill

Postby BoSoxGal » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:42 am

Does everyone here remember Samantha Smith? I don’t recall anyone tearing her to shreds when she became an ambassador for peace with the USSR at age 10. But we didn’t have the ugly internet then, and she was an American. Maybe American men wouldn’t attack Greta so horribly if she was a home grown climate change activist.

Oh wait, AOC . . .
@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest shithole in the world! ~ Vicente Fox Quesada

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States, IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives December 18, 2019.
BoSoxGal

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:24 am

I have to wonder whether Justin Murphy (Scooter's post) thinks that Donald Trump has the 'maturity to guide global policy-making.'

Clearly Justin Murphy does not have the maturity to be trusted with a mobile phone. Unfortunately, there's a lot of that about.
ex-khobar Andy

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm

ex-khobar Andy

Postby Lord Jim » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Lord Jim

Postby Scooter » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Scooter

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:59 pm

ex-khobar Andy

Postby Scooter » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 pm

Scooter

Postby BoSoxGal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:16 am

I wish I had resources and better health, I would gladly give my life to the worthy cause of eliminating the stain on our nation.
@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest shithole in the world! ~ Vicente Fox Quesada

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States, IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives December 18, 2019.
BoSoxGal

Postby ex-khobar Andy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:32 am

Apparently part of Trump's 'reasoning' is that the Kurds weren't a .

Come to that, there weren't many of Trump's family at Normandy. Nor were there N Koreans, Chinese, or Turks. My father was there.

Maybe this latest demonstration of world-class stupidity will finally convince sufficient of his supporters to say "Enough!"
ex-khobar Andy

Postby Burning Petard » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:00 pm

I have a nagging question about the 'bad idea on twitter" up above. Old enuff to rape? What a kind of thinking is that about? Is there some lower age at which when non-consensual sexual activity occurs, it ain't rape? What is it the minimum age? I know there is a maximum age--if the victim is dead, before the act, ain't rape, but some other disgusting activity.

snailgate

Later return to the recent discussion. I saw on Newsy tv this morning POTUS giving a very sad description of the terrible emotions that parents go thru when their dead child is returned from battle via the Dover AFB. Very sad. He had to get our wonderful troops out of Syria to end this awful scene at Dover.

Seventeen American military total. have died in our efforts in Syria. Within 24 hours after their efforts began, Turkey bragged that they have killed 'hundreds'.
Burning Petard

PreviousNext

Return to Politics