[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Plan B Forum • View topic - Bloomberg?

Bloomberg?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Bloomberg?

Postby Lord Jim » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:59 am

Lord Jim

Re: Bloomberg?

Postby Gob » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:35 am

He's rich enough to buy the presidency.
Gob

Postby Bicycle Bill » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?
Bicycle Bill

Postby Crackpot » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Why should he stop selling it now?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.
Crackpot

Postby Big RR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:30 pm

I'm also no fan; with all the problems NYC has (like homelessness and horrible conditions in its public housing) he thought it more important to ban the sales of large soft drinks than address them. But he is still infinitely preferenable to the current asshole in chief and I would have no trouble voting for him over Trump (or Pence if we get lucky with the impeachment oor tthe pressure makes Trump keel over).
Big RR

Postby Big RR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 pm

And let's not forget his ego being so big he had the term limit law he campaigned on delayed so he could run for a third term. How many months ago was it when he said he wouldn't run? The guy honestly think people need him to lead the way.
Last edited by Big RR on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big RR

Postby BoSoxGal » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Maybe he’s just as terrified of another Trump term as millions of the rest of us. :shrug
@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest shithole in the world! ~ Vicente Fox Quesada

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States, IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives December 18, 2019.
BoSoxGal

Postby Sue U » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:15 pm

GAH!
Sue U

Bloomberg?

Postby RayThom » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:34 pm

If somehow Bloomberg gets the nomination -- I'm voting for him.

I only hope he's not boneheaded enough to run as a third party candidate if this mission fails.

Kanye West... 2024
https://www.nme.com/news/music/kanye-we ... 24-2566193

“I have lived in this world long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time."  
RayThom

Postby Econoline » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Econoline

Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Postby Lord Jim » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:45 am

It's absurd to compare a genuine self-made successful businessman and three term Mayor of New York City, to a four time bankruptcy declarer with fewer qualifications for the Presidency then my Chihuahuas...
Lord Jim

Postby Econoline » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:16 am

Just like Ray said above (and just like you said about the possibility of Warren being the nominee)...if he's the Democratic nominee, I''ll vote for him. I think there are some legitimate reasons why he shouldn't be the nominee, but being a billionaire isn't one of them. (BTW, I loved to his entry into the race!)

Do you agree with Ray's second sentence (about running as a third party candidate), Jim?

Econoline

Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Postby Lord Jim » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:38 am

Lord Jim

Bloomberg?

Postby RayThom » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:08 am

Centrists? They're created -- not born.

Pete keeps chipping away, even while his campaign keeps tickling my ass with a feather.

Regardless, I'm sticking with him until he's no longer viable.

What matters?
“I have lived in this world long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time."  
RayThom

Postby rubato » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:38 am

Bloomberg is not as stupid as Nader or Nader voters were. I don't think he will split the vote and allow evil to triumph as Nader did.

yrs,
rubato
rubato

Postby Lord Jim » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:19 pm

I..agree...with...rubato...

(Did I say that out loud?)

This is why Bloomberg took a pass on running third party in 2016...
Lord Jim

Return to Politics