TRIGGERED...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
RayThom

TRIGGERED...

Post by RayThom »

... Or, How Everything I Do Is To Try To Earn My Father's Love

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Re: TRIGGERED...

Post by BoSoxGal »

Probably very true - but if so, no different than millions of other people with fucked up parents (most of whom never acknowledge being fucked up or damaging their kids) who were incapable of emotionally nurturing their kids in a healthy fashion. Those damaged people come in all shapes, sizes and political affiliations - some are flaming assholes and some are very kind and very decent human beings.

If people who were too fucked up to parent in a healthy fashion didn’t have kids, that would solve a substantial number of the world’s problems. Peace on earth begins at home.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I think, based on what he's told us about his life growing up, Ray understands that quite well.

RayThom

TRIGGERED...

Post by RayThom »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:I think, based on what he's told us about his life growing up, Ray understands that quite well.
Thank you for that. I had one shot to make things right.

If you were to ask my now thirty year old daughter about her life with me she would agree 100%.

Life's been good to us so far. I am blessed.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

...and of course there's someone who doesn't want to be outdone by his big brother...

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God