RIP RBG

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
eddieq

Re: RIP RBG

Post by eddieq »

Quite frankly, most of the "Christian Right" in this country are against a theocracy UNLESS it's a Christian theocracy. They chirp and warn against "Sharia law" while at the same time wanting to enact their own version. Separation of Church and State? Only when that church is not the First Redneck Church of the holy MAGA.

I'm a republican and a Christian but I don't count myself among "them".

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:ok eddieq
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

eddieq wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:00 pm
Quite frankly, most of the "Christian Right" in this country are against a theocracy UNLESS it's a Christian theocracy. They chirp and warn against "Sharia law" while at the same time wanting to enact their own version. Separation of Church and State? Only when that church is not the First Redneck Church of the holy MAGA.

Your vote as a Pennsylvanian (and Crackpot's as a Michigander) will count more in this election than most other votes in this country. Since we have lost RayThom in PA, I hope you will help fill that void by ensuring that every one of your like-minded friends actually votes.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Please! :ok

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:38 pm
eddieq wrote:

Your vote as a Pennsylvanian (and Crackpot's as a Michigander) will count more in this election than most other votes in this country. Since we have lost RayThom in PA, I hope you will help fill that void by ensuring that every one of your like-minded friends actually votes.
I'll definitely be doing that. Already put in for time off at work and contacted the local campaign office. My wife has reserved two vans for 11/2. (We pick them up the night before the election.)

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:38 pm
eddieq wrote:

Well, I live in what could be the battleground state of Wisconsin, and I will be going TO THE POLLS — no mail-in for me; I'm sure there is going to all sort of hanky-panky with the returns of absentee and mail-in ballots with Louis DeJoy in charge of the USPS as Trump's hand-picked 'Obstructionist General' — and casting my vote IN PERSON.
And you can bet your bottom dollar that I would French-kiss a piranha before I will vote for anyone with an 'R' after their name.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I’ll be dropping off our mail in ballots at the county clerk. (Mine and the wife’s)
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I've only just seen this New Yorker cover: