The United Police States of America

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: The United Police States of America

Post by BoSoxGal »

THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE OUT THERE PROTESTING - YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Pretty sure that Colin Kaepernick's approach is starting to look really good to all those called him a son of a bitch treasonous disloyal piece of shit for silently kneeling.

The same racist twats who are quoting MLK to lecture black people about how they should be protesting will probably want to be carving Kaepernick's face in Mount Rushmore about now.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:46 am
THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE OUT THERE PROTESTING.....
If that fact is noticed by enough people it could help put the focus on bad cops and all racists rather than bad white cops or all white people. These protests are a bit different than those I remember from the past. Different races uniting to protest for a common cause is a small step in the right direction.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Scooter wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:24 am
It won't fail if it follows the example of every successful violent revolution that preceded it - keeping the pressure on until those in power either exhaust their resources or decide that continuing their repression is no longer worth it. Don't preach about the futility of violence to effect change when violence has been the way that your country has been built from its colonial foundations right up to the present.

What you are saying is that it was ok for white people to use violence to achieve their aims, but it's not ok for blacks. Gee, I wonder what to call that...oh yeah, it's racism.
I for one don't say it's OK for whites to use violence to achieve their aims. I actually think the country known as the US might have been quite a bit less violent had it remained a British colony and gained independence the way Canada and Australia did. But that's for alternative history fiction writers to suppose.

The Revolutionary war was won by the Americans because it was a war between an entrenched population against a foreign power that was a long way from home. It no longer became worth it for Britain to keep fighting a colony that didn't want to be governed by the crown any more, but it didn't require the Crown to do anything different... other than writing off the colonies as lost. The King remained King. His policies didn't change. He lost tax revenue. Americans got their own country, and many of the British Loyalists fled to Canada. They had to- the Revolutionaries were quick to become the new oppressors of the former loyalists.

I just don't see how burning down your own city is going to change the problem of police violence and police racism. Yes, things need to change. Police departments need to stop hiring sociopaths, and they need to weed out the ones already there. Unlike the revolutionary war, which only needed to change the mind of ONE man (King George), changing society will require changing the minds of millions of people, most of whom don't believe they need changing.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:46 am
THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE OUT THERE PROTESTING - YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT!
You need to be a little more specific when you're labeling someone ... just which particular racist piece of shit were you referring to?

And so far as white people out there protesting — yes, were I in the Minneapolis area I would probably have taken part IN THE PROTESTS in much the same way I did a couple of times in Madison back in 2011 when Scotty Walker and his gang of Republican thugs took over Wisconsin's state government and ran it like their own personal fiefdom — but when it turns into violence, arson, vandalism, theft, and god-knows-what-else against people and/or businesses that have absolutely no dog in this fight, that's where I draw the line.  If you wish to get respect FROM others, you must also show respect FOR others.  Respect is earned, not ordered.

To put it another way — Lord Jim did not demand the respect of those people who posted to his memory elsewhere on this board, he EARNED it.  And I must say that you, milady, are no Lord Jim.

And as long as you don't mind salty language, I don't give a single flying fuck whether someone is 'acting out' because they have been held down.  I don't see any difference at all between that and just trashing a Target store because someone wants to steal a flat-screen TV, some sneakers, jewelry, or a couple bottles of booze.  Protest is one thing, violent crime is another — and if you are too God-damned dense to have that figured out after all your life experiences, then I give up.  I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it.

Incidentally, I wonder how much information — files, evidence, equipment, reports, etc. — on other cases, incidents, and matters that pertained to that district was lost when that precinct station went up in flames, and just how that will play out with regards to other residents in that precinct who had court matters or other dealings pending that are now fucked up beyond repair?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Don't waste the ASCII on her, Bill.

She enjoys playing the victim and anyone who disagrees with her is subject to a profanity-laced tirade.

I fear for her mental well-being.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Re:

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 am
1) Why is it that, whenever an African-American is detained for any reason, whether it's running a stop sign or rioting, setting a police station on fire, and looting a department store under the guise of "protesting police behavior", the first thing out of their mouths is "I dindu nuffin!" ?
Sorry BB. That sentence reeks of racism, whether you believe it or not. You should acknowledge that "Whenever" an African-American is detained for "any reason" is prejudice on the hoof.

You made a blanket statement that ALL African-Americans arrested on suspicion of crime say "I dindu nuffin!" because (of course) they are all, every one of "those people" (a) uneducated, (b) guilty, (c) black.

Don't try to justify your attitude by hiding behind your four examples preceded by "whether it's". That makes not a ha'porth of difference. It's racist thinking that bubbled out when you could simply have made the point (which you now make) that destroying one's own backyard is counter-productive. Whether you're right or wrong, thats at least is a decently debatable proposition.

That ALL black people act in a certain way or say certain things is nothing less than racism. It's as wrong as (but more evil than) saying "all cops are bad". And it creeps out way too often when white people get a bit excited about "them".

PS and don't forget, this kind of crap is visited upon non-blacks who just happen to be non-whites. Minneapolis police approached two CNN journalists in separate locations on the same day. One was treated with jovial respect, the other was arrested despite his live on-air litany of "we'll move where you want us. Where should we stand?" and so on. The difference? The "OK" guy is Josh Campbell; the arrested one is Omar Jimenez. Can you pin the tail on the donkey or will you (privately now) believe that Mr Jimenez was only shouting "We don't done nottin" as he was handcuffed?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

BB, I have no desire for your respect because it holds no value to me. I didn't think I'd been fuzzy on this, but let me say it one more time - based on your own words here over several years I hold you in the strongest contempt and at this point I don't believe there is any room for redemption.

I think you are further despicable for raising Jim's name in your post as though you have some authority to be the arbiter of people's behavior through the lens of his character as if it then somehow rubs off on you - it doesn't, as you are no Lord Jim. Please don't make this a new twisted habit of yours, it's disgusting.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

And just to speak to the other nonsense in your post - I have never defended vandalism or looting, though I do understand the rage behind it. However as always the vast majority of protesters are not engaged in that behavior yet the moment something like that happens, you appear to paint the entire group with that brush and conveniently then dismiss them all. That's straight up fucked up.

No doubt it's because of people with your simpleton mentality that the St. Paul cop who was caught on video by protesters disguising himself in typical antifa dress and committing some of the first (if not the first) vandalism in Minneapolis was motivated to behave as he did with the likely intent to discredit the whole movement in the eyes of all the emotionally and intellectually immature people like you.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

There are no good cops.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Scooter wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm
4 steps would be a good start. That is one. Also, eliminate police unions, end qualified immunity, and require body cameras, with the wearer deactivating or disabling the in any way a Federal felony. That's a start.

dales

Post by dales »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:18 pm
There are no good cops.
No there are only stupid jarlaxles.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

dales wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:12 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:18 pm
There are no good cops.
No there are only stupid jarlaxles.
You're stupid, or a copsucker. Which is it?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

‘Copsucker’

Good one!
~ Carl Sagan

dales

Post by dales »

You're such a clever little urchin.

That wordplay was brilliant!

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

Post removed

yrs,
rubato

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

Squib Load

yrs,
rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Posting this here as well - just read online that the Buffalo Police Department issued a press release saying a protester had ‘tripped and fallen’ before video was released by those who’d filmed it. DESPICABLE! FERAL COPS AND GUTLESS LEADERS!
Now can we ALL agree there is a problem with police culture?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracu ... Type%3Damp

He’s in stable condition, which is lucky. That kind of injury could’ve easily killed him, and might still result in life altering physical and cognitive limitations. Any fucking idiot knows elderly people don’t have the same balance and agility as young people. These fucking cops are despicable. They are FERAL. They are unfit to serve and represent decent people.
eta: He’s in SERIOUS but stable condition, which means he didn’t suffer a minor concussion. And he’s a lifelong peace activist. Way to go BPD, thanks for making the case for police reform!
~ Carl Sagan