The United Police States of America

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
TPFKA@W

Re: The United Police States of America

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:04 am
No, I watched Tombstone again the other night. Doc Holliday's my hero.
Val Kilmer owned it, didn’t he?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 am
Val Kilmer owned it, didn’t he?
He's your huckleberry....

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I loved Kurt Russell too.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Kurt Russell .... The Early Years

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Back in the real world....

Kenosha police chief blames the black victims of a white supremacist vigilante, saying they wouldn't have gotten themselves killed if they hadn't been out after curfew. Meanwhile, his police officers were seen offering water and words of encouragement to that same white supremacist vigilante and his friends.

But nah, there's no racist double standard in policing.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I guess there's a black curfew and a white curfew? Hell, the victims wouldn't have been killed if the vigilante wasn't out after curfew; hell Kenosha would be better if the police weren't out after curfew. It's that fuzzy "logic".

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It is all so sickening.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What on earth is a 17 year old kid doing entering troubled streets with a semi-auto weapon? How unutterably sad. Posed here with his weapon and his 5.11+ Tactical t-shirt - just like the big dudes.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Oh yeah, you have to be 18 to open carry in Wisconsin. If police had taken 30 seconds to do their job in between handing out bottles of water to Rittenhouse and his band of white supremacist vigilantes, those shootings would never have happened.

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

This got little reporting. It's not just blacks being executed. The video is hard to watch and even more graphic from an audio standpoint.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... wered_the/

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The guy was going down on his knees with his hands up and they still shot him. And how they treated his wife/girlfriend afterwards was disgusting.

And here is the lesson, folks. If you're going to call the police every time your neighbours get a little loud for your taste, THIS is what you can expect to happen.

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/546983/

This is another Arizona story, which got press, and highlights that this problem of trigger happy cops transcends race. Lots of them are just *extra* trigger happy with black and brown ‘perps’.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:10 pm
And here is the lesson, folks. If you're going to call the police every time your neighbours get a little loud for your taste, THIS is what you can expect to happen.
Works for me. I'm tired of my neighbor and his loud-mouthed covid spreading company getting drunk in their backyard while their kids run around screaming.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:35 pm
Oh yeah, you have to be 18 to open carry in Wisconsin. If police had taken 30 seconds to do their job in between handing out bottles of water to Rittenhouse and his band of white supremacist vigilantes, those shootings would never have happened.
The little vigilante wasn't from Wisconsin - he was a FIB (fucking Illinois bastard).  And ask anyone who lives in Wisconsin just what sort of attitude FIBs have about laws — whether it has to do with open carry, open consumption, or even trying to stay within 10mph of the posted speed limit.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:33 pm
I guess there's a black curfew and a white curfew? Hell, the victims wouldn't have been killed if the vigilante wasn't out after curfew; hell Kenosha would be better if the police weren't out after curfew. It's that fuzzy "logic".
They got shot because they were stupid; they were trying to take the gun away from the kid. They should have called the police.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And his MOTHER drove him to Kenosha knowing what he was up to. I should not be surprised, after the things I've seen, at discovering new ways that parents show themselves to be completely fucked up, but aiding and abetting your child to be a vigilante is one I wouldn't have expected.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:07 am
And his MOTHER drove him to Kenosha knowing what he was up to. I should not be surprised, after the things I've seen, at discovering new ways that parents show themselves to be completely fucked up, but aiding and abetting your child to be a vigilante is one I wouldn't have expected.
This is the first I've heard of that. I guess he was destined to shoot someone eventually. His mother must be proud.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He walked by all those police vehicles with a gun strapped on him and people screaming to the cops that he’d just shot people. Got home safely to his own bed.

How can anyone persist in the assertion that no systemic racism exists in our society and law enforcement? That is just fucking deluded.
~ Carl Sagan

rubato

Post by rubato »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:07 am
The hand that rocks the cradle ...

sickfuck breeds true. Just look at the Trump spawn.

yrs,
rubato