my new favorite american

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

Re: my new favorite american

Post by wesw »

well, when I posted a topic about being happy about holder resigning, you posted about people not liking him because he was black. what else was I to think?

just out of curiosity who else do you think I would be?

wesw

Post by wesw »

and I realize I spelled latitude wrong, I just don t bother to correct every thing. oops see? an extra space in everything

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh, and I forgot my comma after oops, oops!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

wesw wrote:well, when I posted a topic about being happy about holder resigning, you posted about people not liking him because he was black. what else was I to think?

just out of curiosity who else do you think I would be?
Go back and read the thread again, slowly and carefully. If that's still your assertion, you're an idiot.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

you agreed that most of the controversy was because he was lawyering while black, correct?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

wes you are talking to yourself waaaaay too much. 4 posts in a row with just you chatting away? Move along, man.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

not quite right...

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What's one more or less between friends?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

:) not a thing...

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

bigskygal wrote:For instance, the other day in the thread about Eric Holder, you essentially accused me of calling you a racist...
I missed that one. So that's at least five people who have had the same crap pulled on them. But of course, he can't possibly be wrong.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

the orioles are on now. bye

rubato

Post by rubato »

wesw wrote:oh, and thanks rubato....

I did mistake tpk@w for io tek once, and I mistook guin for sue you once. it was not intentional.

gosh jim, I do hold the record now don t I ? my first insult by the rubster took awhile.....

I did not insult you. I described honestly what you did. You chronically make shit up and pretend others have said it.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

the only thing I feel bad about doing on this board is jumping on tpk@W before I got to know her gruff exterior.

you interpret the rest as you see fit. I see it differently.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I am a victim of @W's gruff posterior.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I did not insult you. I described honestly what you did. You chronically make shit up and pretend others have said it.

yrs,
rubato
Well, it's possible to honestly describe what someone has done, and still be insulting. (In honestly describing what rube says and does, it's frequently unavoidable... 8-) )

But that having been said wes, I have to say that you are definitely giving the impression, especially today (even to someone like me, who has no negative inclinations towards you whatsoever) that you are looking to find insults and make your exchanges with those you find insulting the center of attention and discussion here...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

no. I should have left the conversation when I said it was over. I apologize to all.

I picked a bad week to quit the methadone...

wesw

Post by wesw »

I would like to add that my apology includes scooter. while I still believe that the point I was making is valid, the way I went about making it was wrong.

for that I am sorry scooter

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'm really reluctant to revive this thread, but I just noticed this, and I wanted to say a couple of things:
In any case, wesw, now having seen your pattern of posting, I don't find you very trustworthy and I'm even inclined to question if you are who you've presented yourself to be.
I think there are a couple of strong factors that would argue against wes being any former poster in a new incarnation:

First, wes did not show up here out of the blue. As I recall, Joe invited him over from Car Talk.

Second, in one thread, wes demonstrated a detailed knowledge of some pretty obscure stuff from local Washington DC television in the 70s; things that would be pretty tough to talk about without first hand knowledge.
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

I m from the freakin eastern shore!!!!!

...and proud of it!

wesw

Post by wesw »

cripes. in the thread about the beach at Plymouth I gave guin my family names. we ve been here since the olden days