Meanwhile, Back At Reality....Lord Jim Predicts...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Crackpot

Re: Meanwhile, Back At Reality....Lord Jim Predicts...

Post by Crackpot »

Manchin won
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Maine may end up with a stealth victory for Cutler. ANYBODY but LePage (and I like Cutler quite a bit)!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Lord Jim wrote:Rand Paul is the projected winner in Kentucky, and it's not even close....

He's up by 10 points....that could be a bad harbinger for the Dems America ....
Rand Paul epitomizes what Republicans have in store for America.

Duck and cover.
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Listening to Barney Frank's victory speech -- very very funny. Massachusetts remains firmly blue, thank goodness. I'm proud of my fellow citizens for chosing hope over fear.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

This election is proving, yet again, what all Americans -- well, all Americans with triple-digit IQs -- have known for a long time: Get rid of the backward States, with their teeming hordes of the ignorant and the stupid, and you end up with a better America.
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Anyone know where there's a scrolling results service?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

If you go here, you can click on one of the tabs to get results for the senate or house as a whole, for detailed results state-by-state, for the governors races, and for the propositions.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Cheers Scoot!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Fuck, Russ Feingold lost his seat, was it even supposed to be in play?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

The Party of Evil is gaining ground.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Go here for good results, easily scanned and digested: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Feingold losing is a crying shame and a huge loss. WI was a red sweep -- the polls did have the republicans up, and Nate Silver had the seat 97% chance of a loss for the democrats. So yes, it was in play but that sure didn't get much national press nor did I hear much from the party that he was in trouble.

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Sweep aside the zone of ignorance and stupidity -- from Texas and Oklahoma east through North Carolina and Florida -- and what do you get? The America that belongs to those who believe in America.

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Lord Jim wrote:I'm sorry, did I neglect to mention.....

THE PARTY THAT HATES AMERICA WON THE ELECTIONS!!!!!!

liberty

Post by liberty »

I don’t see the election making much of a difference. We will go through all this again in two years. In two year unemployment will be as high if not higher, the federal government will as dominate in our lives if not more. And the respect for our borders will be no greater then than now.
The Democrat party has been slapped but not slapped down; it was shocked but not enough for them to change anything:

High energy cost will still be a good thing. It is better import oil instead of producing more ourselves. The national debt will not be a problem, we can keep borrowing money forever without any consequence. Illegal aliens have a right to compete with citizens for jobs.

Even if the republicans had won it all there would have been no guaranty that anything would have changed. The simple truth is that the elites of both parties still have more in common with the members of the other party than they do the common people; generally speaking, there could be exceptions in either party.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

I don't see any change happening, it will be the same old same old just like always. Democrats in charge, Republicans in charge, same old same old, people will bitch, unemployment will continue and I will still be paying for some bitch to pop babies out her hole every year. Health care, among multiple other things, will continue to suck the taxpayers pockets dry on end of life care that could be avoided if people could be taught to accept that there comes a time to die.

Have a nice day.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

It might be amusing to watch the relationship between the mainstrean repubs and the teapartyers; and a republican house combined with a senate where the repubs can obstruct at will can only provide cover for Obama when he runs in 2012 and people ask why he didn't accomplish much. My one prediction--whoever calls the shots, expect an even bigger deficit, neither party seems to want to tell people we have to pay for what we get, just keep pushing it off to successive generations.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Damn; Bishop 51%, Altschuler 49% with 99% reported

ETA
Thanks for the links people.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

@meric@nwom@n wrote:Health care, among multiple other things, will continue to suck the taxpayers pockets dry on end of life care that could be avoided if people could be taught to accept that there comes a time to die.
In fact, it is not end-of-life care that is sucking taxpayers dry. It is teatment for chronic diseases -- diabetes, COPD, renal failure, cancer, heart disease -- particularly in the not-even-close-to-death elderly, that represents the greatest share of healthcare expenditures. Average annual US healthcare expense per person is about $3,000. Yet of that annual expense, half the population spends nothing while 5 percent of the population accounts for nearly half of all expenditures. Just kill off that 5 percent, and problem solved!

I can haz death panel now?
GAH!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'm actually not overwhelmingly thrilled (at least not do a victory dance in the end zone thrilled) with last nights results....

Yes, we picked up 61 seats in the House, but so far only 6 in the Senate, (when the final results are in in Alaska...it looks like Murkowski won there... and Colorado, maybe we'll have 8...Washington State could make it nine, which would mean we could thank the morons in Delaware who nominated O'Donnell for our failure to take over the Senate)

Both The Odious Harry Reid and The Loathsome Barbara Boxer were re-elected....

Brown was elected Governor here in The Altered State, which means my taxes will go up....

And Prop 19, the Marijuana legalization initiative, went down in flames....
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

In Colorado, Democrat Michael Bennet appears to have defeated Wingnut Ken "I disagree strongly with the concept of separation of church and state" Buck, who was Christine O'Donnell's constitutional law professor, obvs.
GAH!