trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Big RR

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Big RR »

I liked the beginning with Rudy and Trump where Rudy kept saying things like "So I told them, sure there was collusion--what are they going to d, indict the president?" or saying he wanted to show the Pee tape on TCV for te same reason.

Burning Petard

Re: trump is serious!!!!! and he is scary-effective!!!!

Post by Burning Petard »

So the WaPo today runs a story about the NY Times. Seems POTUS tweeted about the failed NY Times and their fake news--The Times published an article last week with un-named white house source that said the meeting with the head of North Korea was not gonna happen, just no way to do the prep by the June date. Trumps tweets about how this is more made-up stuff. Why didn't the Times name the source if they had one?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/worl ... itter.html So the Times and WaPo says the source was un-named because it was a press meeting called by white house officials, All news people there had to agree to not name the speaker. So now Trump says that is fake news, because the source is not identified. That looks to me like a trap that the news people walked into--thinking that the old rules about naming sources and background briefings still apply.

Now today POTUS tweets bout the horrible way the lives of so many beautiful young people have been ruined by the Russia investigation.

But nobody asks Trump to name HIS sources. This clear propaganda strategy from POTUS is working. All the conventional news sources will have to cover rumors, conspiracy theories, blatant lies until there is no way to get any leverage to move the Trump supporters away from him, and the opposition will rendered into meaningless background noise.

I fully understand my adult son's position that all politicians are liars and thieves and to be ignored. He is a guy who worked for years in the same office as Ryan Zinke, the Sec of Interior. My son, when the nomination was announced, said Zinke was an honest guy with integrity and a good grip on reality. Now my son just puts him in the same bag I long ago put Adam Clayton Powell Jr.

I see only faint hope for 'traditional American values." Ben Franklin is credited as describing 131 years ago that the constitution created a government that was a republic, if you can keep it. I think we will not keep it much longer. Ben is also credited with saying that those who choose security over freedom end up with neither. I fear this nation has selected an autocrat out of fear and a grasp at security (both individual and national) over freedom.
Last edited by Burning Petard on Sun May 27, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Ben Franklin is credited as describing 131 years ago...
sg, I'm not so good with math, either.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

A century here, a century there. Pretty soon it adds up to a long time.

snailgate.

wesw

Post by wesw »

finally, a reasonable post or two....

I think that you have it wrong tho, BP

no one thought trump was a safe choice. he was, and is, a necessary vehicle for change.

do any of you guys really trust our republic to the likes of clapper brennan comey and the clintones?

honestly?

no, the govt of by and for the people is worth the slings and arrows that we face for supporting trump.

truth is that the fbi has a long history of corruption and blackmail, and you all know it.

J edgar comey is not unique.

govt of for and by the fbi is anathema to liberty

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

"clapper brennan comey and the clintones" sounds like a bad fifties swing band. Who knew that Wes was a swinger?

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah baby!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

"clapper brennan comey and the clintones"
I remember Clapper Brennan, he was the only really good musician in the group; helluva drummer...
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I have their first and only album on a 78. It was my deaf aunt's favorite record. She used to play it on her Victrola and dance to it.

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Wasn't Yoko Ono also responsible for their breakup?

Anyway, here's one of the related FOX News vids I'm sure wesw alludes to. For FOX it's typical... nothing new.

However, scroll down and read the comments from the gang of 24.5. It's easy to see where wesw gets the strength to carry on.
[youtube]ZqohB_y01L8&t=281s[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqohB_y01L8&t=281s
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

you dastardly dudes have succeeded in preventing my postings of youtube music videos!!!! drats!!!!! drats, I say!!!!!

wesw

Post by wesw »

...and it was gonna be yoko at the rolling stones rock and roll circus..., so count yourselves lucky.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

... and then they voted for Trump
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You owe me a keyboard.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Beer Sponge

Post by Beer Sponge »

Lord Jim wrote:Image
So true. I’m surprised by the number of idiots here in Canada that support the orange moron.
Personally, I don’t believe in bros before hoes, or hoes before bros. There needs to be a balance. A homie-hoe-stasis, if you will.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Beer Sponge wrote:I’m surprised by the number of idiots here in Canada that support the orange moron.
It's because they hate U.S. America.
GAH!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Beer Sponge wrote:I’m surprised by the number of idiots here in Canada that support the orange moron.
And unfortunately a lot of them are going to help elect Doug Ford as Premier of Ontario next week.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Does Doug have any claim to fame beyond being Rob's brother?