trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Trump makes 74 false claims in a week, 27 at one rambling Texas rally

WASHINGTON—U.S. President Donald Trump averaged 10 false claims per day last week.

He made 36 on one day, Monday, during which he did a deceit-filled rambling rally in El Paso, Texas (27 false claims), an interview with Fox News’s Laura Ingraham (seven false claims), and a White House meeting with sheriffs (two false claims). The week prior, he had made 25 false claims for the whole week.

His total for last week, 74, was the 16th-worst of his 109 weeks so far.

Trump is now up to 4,424 false claims for the first 759 days of his presidency, an average of 5.8 per day.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

"You want stats? I got stats up my ass."

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Conflict of interest? from WaPo today"

"In a letter Monday to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Trump Organization lawyer Alan S. Futerfas objected to the committee’s hiring of Berry H. Berke on the grounds that his law firm, Kramer Levin, has represented the Trump Organization on an array of issues.

“This state of affairs violates recognized ethical obligations and irreparably taints the Committee’s work,” Futerfas wrote, adding that it “requires that the Committee cease and desist from any and all activities that are adverse to the Company.”

If the Trump Organization has a 'conflict of interest' ethics complaint, would it not be against the Kramer Levin law firm, not the House Committee?

snailgate

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Wow.
The Orange Howler Monkey with bone spurs (aka @realDonaldTrump) wrote: I have now spent more time in Vietnam than Da Nang Dick Blumenthal, the third rate Senator from Connecticut (how is Connecticut doing?). His war stories of his heroism in Vietnam were a total fraud - he was never even there. We talked about it today with Vietnamese leaders!

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

From Senator Blumenthal's wikipedia page on military service: " Blumenthal received five draft deferments during the Vietnam War,[14] obtaining first educational deferments, and then deferments based on his occupation.[15] With part-time service in the reserves or National Guard generally regarded as an alternative for those wishing to avoid serving in Vietnam,[16] in April 1970 Blumenthal enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserve,[17] and he served in units in Washington, D.C., and Connecticut from 1970 to 1976,[18][19] attaining the rank of sergeant.[20] During his 2010 Senate campaign, news reports that Blumenthal had claimed or implied that he'd served "in Vietnam" during the war created a controversy.[21][22] Blumenthal denied having intentionally misled voters into believing he fought in Vietnam, but acknowledged having occasionally "misspoken" about his service record,[23] and later apologized for remarks about his military service he said had not been "clear or precise".[24]"

I served in the Regular Army (means I was a volunteer) from June 1960 to Oct 1963. Never had much contact with the Marines. But I have strong indications that Marine enlisted reserves went thru the same elementary training program as those going into active duty. Marine Corp Boot Camp has never been a picnic. It is not a matter of privilege or connections to make sergeant in that branch, even in the reserves.

I never served in Viet Nam. Yet I am classified as a 'Vietnam Era' veteran and that gets me the National Defense Medal. It is very common for reporters and other non-veterans to assume it means the same thing as "Viet Nam Veteran".

POTUS knows all about military service. He carried a flag in JrROTC parades in high school. He did fly into a war zone ONCE as POTUS. Did not stay long.

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

He was silently thanking his deceased podiatrist for his exaggerated bone spur diagnosis.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Well....has anybody actually seen his birth certificate?

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

wesw

Post by wesw »

he is making up for it now.....

a bunch of old hippies making fun of a draft dodger is just too funny.......

you can t make love anymore so you ve turned to war......

yer fucked......

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

winter is coming.......

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

That's not a bad analogy...

Donald Trump as the Zombie Night King and his brain-dead Zombie Trumpanzee followers...

ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Per wes:
a bunch of old hippies making fun of a draft dodger is just too funny
The difference wes is this. Had I been an American at the time of the Vietnam War, I presume that I would, like many, have taken advantage of any opportunity to escape the draft. Go to Canada, pull an Arlo Guthrie, find a friendly doctor who might give me a bone spur, or take a student deferment. Even join the Texas National Guard if that was an option.

But 10 or 20 or 40 years later I would not try to to embellish my own bravery or send others to war to assuage my own ego. Nor would I, and I am certain of this, have greeted returning grunts as baby killers and monsters (except of course for the William Calley sort).

So it's not the draft-dodging which is an issue per se. It's the man (??) he now is.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:he is making up for it now....
How do you figure he's making up for it now?  When he went to Hanoi there were more people dedicated to protecting him than William Westmoreland would have had (and since I'm sure you don't remember who Westmoreland was, he was the overall commander of the US Armed Forces during the VietNam War era).

Trump is just a toothless old lion who is content to rattle sabers ... from someplace about 10K miles or so from where the actual shit is going down.  If 'Pee-pee Tapes' Putin or Kim Jong-dung started lobbing missiles in the general direction of the US or US installations, he'd be on board his flying White House plane and heading for a secure hidey-hole faster than a virgin schoolgirl who accidentally walked in on a gang-bang in the gym locker room.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

There is absolutely nothing he has done that suggests that Il Boobce is any less a physical coward today than he was 50 years ago...

Christ, when he finally went to Iraq, he got scared when they turned the cabin lights out... :roll:

And yet he still has the gall to attack John McCain...

What a useless dirtbag....
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:a bunch of old hippies making fun of a draft dodger is just too funny.......

you can t make love anymore so you ve turned to war
Nobody is changing their view of the war. One of things people hated about the war was that you could avoid the draft without consequence if you were rich and connected. If you weren't, you either had to leave the country expecting never to be able to return, or you went to prison.

Every presidential candidate in the relevant age group has had an issue made of what he did/didn't do during the Vietnam War. In Clinton's case, coming BACK to the U.S. when he was already abroad with an educational deferral, registering for the draft and luckily drawing a very high number, had him wearing the label of "draft dodger" (how does one dodge the draft by registering for it?) throughout his first presidential campaign. George W. Bush joined the Air National Guard, got into pilot training with a record that would normally have excluded him, fulfilled his two-year active duty requirement by learning how to fly a plane that was being phased out of combat, had a spotty record of completion for the required four years of ready reserve duty and asked to be discharged several months early, all of which should have subjected him to being called up again for active duty. It all caused a lot of speculation about whether influence was brought to bear to get him into a spot he wasn't qualified for, that would pretty much guarantee he would never see combat.

Then along comes Trump, four educational deferments (perfectly normal), somewhere between them he had a physical that said he was fit for duty, then classified as 1-A, has another physical and poof, it's a 1-Y, a few years later it becomes a 4-F, which he vaguely attributed to bone spurs that he can't remember having and which have since disappeared without treatment. Selective Service records no longer exist.

So yeah, people are going to look dubiously at what looked like the sort of thing that a rich family can afford to pay a doctor to lie about. Might have long since died by now, but he invites people to call attention to it every time he mocks a veteran or their Gold Star family members, when he boasts that he would be made a great general, and when he gets in front of a group of soldiers to brag about what he is doing for them, and tells them lies about their past and current working conditions, as if they didn't know the truth.

-- Author unknown

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Scooter wrote:... Nobody is changing their view of the war. One of things people hated about the war was that you could avoid the draft without consequence if you were rich and connected. If you weren't, you either had to leave the country expecting never to be able to return, or you went to prison.
Or, in my case, had a family doctor who delivered me eighteen years prior to my "greetings and salutations" from the SSS. Doc G. knew my physiological make up, and knew I would not last in the military had I been drafted.

After receiving my 4-F status I promised Uncle Sam I do my part to guard the perimeters of Westinghouse in Lester PA. It worked -- no infiltration for the duration of that immoral Vietnam War.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Scooter wrote:... Nobody is changing their view of the war. One of things people hated about the war was that you could avoid the draft without consequence if you were rich and connected. If you weren't, you either had to leave the country expecting never to be able to return, or you went to prison.
Or, in my case, had a family doctor who delivered me eighteen years prior to my "greetings and salutations" from the SSS. Doc G. knew my physiological make up, and knew I would not last in the military had I been drafted.

After receiving my 4-F status I promised Uncle Sam I do my part to guard the perimeters of Westinghouse in Lester PA. It worked -- no infiltration for the duration of that immoral Vietnam War.
You and Dan Quayle (who got someone to grease the skids that got him into the Indiana National Guard)
... two unsung American heroes who were keeping the American heartland safe and secure 'ginst them Godless Commies.
Sir, I salute the pair of you with a fly-by of the Great American Geechi-bird and his wingman....
:fu
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

he invites people to call attention to it every time he mocks a veteran or their Gold Star family members, when he boasts that he would be made a great general, and when he gets in front of a group of soldiers to brag about what he is doing for them, and tells them lies about their past and current working conditions, as if they didn't know the truth.
Yeah, well, there is that...
ImageImageImage