trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Gob

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Gob »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:31 pm
I'm having that!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

So I was thinking.

Put head to head with President Trump; President Camacho would win hands down. Objectively Trump loses to a president literally designed to be the biggest possible idiot
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

The number I've seen consistently for the timeline on those payments, (from both Democrats and Republicans, on the Hill and in the Administration, as well as independent analysts) is 3 weeks, not four months...

I've been following this pretty closely, (CNN, MSNBC, The WaPo, and The NYT among others) and this is the first I've ever seen that four month timeline for these payments.

Four months is the number by which the bill extends the expanded unemployment benefits. (over and above the standard 26 weeks)
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

That was totally worth posting twice!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

And yet. POTUS' favorability is now higher than ever. I can only conclude Trump is some kind of secret pleasure; there is a heart of darkness
in the American soul the prefers ignorance, racism, selfishness, cruelty, greed. It seems to becoming more and more visible in the politics of the GOP. If Trump is gone from the white house, would he be replaced by someone else with all of Trump's qualities except incompetence?

And that is my current nightmare.

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm still concerned that Trump will can Pence for fucking up the response. Pence has been a surprise to me in that he seems to have exceeded expectations - and I know that's not a very high bar. I know he comes to the microphone and praises Trump's leadership, but at least on the face of it he seems to have let the scientists have their say and lead the way. That of course wouldn't stop Trump, and he would replace him with Nikki Haley because he knows that will be a positive for voters. Where else will the religious right (and, pace Meade, I well understand that this term does not include the majority of Christians, even of evangelicals) go? Taking Pence off the ticket is not going to force the Falwells and Grahams of the world into the Democratic fold.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Pence is the one guy in the room that POTUS cannot can. Pence does not serve at the pleasure of the president. Pence was elected by the college of noble and wise Americans, just like Trump.

Perhaps Trump could ask him to do an lengthy inspection of the US base at the South Pole and leave him there, but I do not believe he has power to direct Pence to do anything. Pence could just say no and go home to the Naval Observatory and play with his snake or rabbit.

snailgate.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Burning Petard wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:02 am
Pence is the one guy in the room that POTUS cannot can. Pence does not serve at the pleasure of the president. Pence was elected by the college of noble and wise Americans, just like Trump.

Perhaps Trump could ask him to do an lengthy inspection of the US base at the South Pole and leave him there, but I do not believe he has power to direct Pence to do anything. Pence could just say no and go home to the Naval Observatory and play with his snake or rabbit.

snailgate.
Sure he could. By taking him off the Republican ticket for the 2020 election.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

RayThom

Trump vs God

Post by RayThom »

This guy is good, he has all the best words.

Just close your eyes, you can't tell the difference.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1242515702688485376
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Burning Petard wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:02 am
Pence is the one guy in the room that POTUS cannot can.
You take me too literally. Of course I meant, as DA said, take him off the ticket for November. I still think that's Trump's strategy.

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:54 pm
You take me too literally. Of course I meant, as DA said, take him off the ticket for November. I still think that's Trump's strategy.
I've been saying this for many months, and I'm sticking with Nikki Haley as the White Walker's replacement. Most especially, if/when Biden chooses a female running mate -- which I feel is inevitable.

Klobuchar / Buttigieg... 2024
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ZRzku2_Bd0
Trump's narcissism has taken a new twist. And now he has American blood on his hands
Pity the people of America. They do battle now with one of the greatest challenges in their history, led by a man who is not only among the worst ever occupants of the White House but whose character makes him the last person on the face of the Earth you would nominate to be in charge at this moment. On Thursday the US reached the top of the global league table for coronavirus infections, edging ahead of its closest rival for that honour, China. No law of nature dictated that outcome. Much of it is directly attributable to one dreadful fact: that Donald Trump is president of the United States.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

They do battle now with one of the greatest challenges in their history, led by a man who is not only among the worst ever occupants of the White House but whose character makes him the last person on the face of the Earth you would nominate to be in charge at this moment
With those two corrections, the quoted analysis is absolutely spot-on...

Throughout most of our history, at times of great national threat America has been blessed to have someone in the Presidency who could rise to meet the challenge. (Like Lincoln and FDR)

Clearly, our luck has run out...

Rather than rising to meet the challenge, for the most part Trump has made himself a part of the challenge that must be overcome. Carrying the day in this battle is going to require overcoming Trump and his blunders every bit as much as the fight against the virus itself. It falls to the Congress, state and local officials, and those in the Federal government with actual expertise (at least the ones that Trump hasn't fired or driven out) to fill the vacuum of national leadership that should be coming from our President.
ImageImageImage

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

After the Great Deluge, God promised Noah that never again would there be a flood that would destroy the world.  Maybe this coronavirus combined with the ineptitude of someone like Trump is what he's decided to use instead?

I'm to the point now that I am beginning to wonder — where is a Lee Harvey Oswald, an Arthur Bremer, a John Hinckley, or even a Squeaky Fromme when we need one?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

AM I alone in seeing a mountain in Similarities Between Donald Trump And Kwame Kilpatrick?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.