trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Joe Guy »

It's understandable. Some of those hats are probably glued to their heads.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It's not just the MAGA hat bunch.  Preferred pro sports teams, favorite NAStyCAR driver, college alma mater, or vehicle of choice — it's like the current generation was born with them damned hats on their heads and they can't possibly take 'em off unless they undergo a medical procedure to have 'em surgically removed.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Things change. I am not bothered by this. Patriotism is inward, it needn't be displayed outwardly, especially by removing one's head gear at public gatherings. The same goes for the hand over the heart, and singing along. What's the point?

Of course, I haven't worn a hat since Little League, oh, and the matching Robert Hall fedora my father forced me to wear on Easter in 1955. (Identical matching suits, hats, and top coats. How "brown shirt" is that?)

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It's not just that they won't take off their hats. It's that those who are so intent on seeing disrespect in something like taking the knee are themselves showing disrespect by failing to remove their hats.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Scooter wrote:It's not just that they won't take off their hats. It's that those who are so intent on seeing disrespect in something like taking the knee are themselves showing disrespect by failing to remove their hats.
OUR gestures are more patriotic than YOUR gestures.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Scooter wrote:It's not just that they won't take off their hats. It's that those who are so intent on seeing disrespect in something like taking the knee are themselves showing disrespect by failing to remove their hats.
OUR gestures are more patriotic than YOUR gestures.
Where have we seen something like this before??

Oh yeah — another right-wing blowhard who seems to have taught Donald Trump most of what he knows.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

My favorite had to be Limbaugh attacking Michelle Obama for being fat.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gentlemen should remove their hats when entering a building and keep them off while they are inside. Asshats keep 'em on all the time.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Gentlemen should remove their hats when entering a building and keep them off while they are inside. Asshats keep 'em on all the time.
That's the way I was raised.
Thanks, Dad.  Ya done good.
-"BB"-

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read
MARCH 8, 2019 ~ MICHAEL STEVENSON

Someone on Quora asked “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.
Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.
Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.
He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.
That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.
God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.
In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:
‘My God… what… have… I… created?
If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:ok
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Econoline wrote:Image

:ok
Of course his loophole on that one is "best of my ability"...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

... don't overlook that he's done a great job of executing the office. RIP
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'm with Grandma...

ImageImageImage

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

When There Was Only One Set Of Footprints, America, It Was Then That I Carried You

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Get your membership card before it's too late.

https://secure.winred.com/tmagac/impeac ... ray_35_all

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God