trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Crackpot

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Crackpot »

Either that or a bunch of people with open contempt for pollsters.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Too much importance is placed on polling. Especially this early in the race. Plus, careful wording of the question(s) can be made to support a predetermined candidate and/or outcome.

rubato

Post by rubato »

bigskygal wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Skinflint New Englanders falling for Trump???? What has the world come to?????

Only the degenerate fraction of New Englanders who admit voting Repuglican, not overall. That would be shocking.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

TRUMP, TRUMP, HE'S OUR MAN...

Post by RayThom »

... if he can't win, no one can. Except for Bush, maybe. Take that, all you haters from South of the Border. You can just feel the Teabagger love.

TRUMP/PALIN...2016
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

This is disturbing... :?

Without The Apprentice to go back to, it will encourage Trump to continue in the GOP nominating process longer than he otherwise would...

He has absolutely no chance of ever being nominated, but his mere presence is toxic in many ways, on numerous levels....

The debate formula criterias put together by Fox and CNN are going to include this ego tripping blowhard and Dr. Ben "people choose to be gay" Carson, but exclude John Kasich and Lindsey Graham...

In what universe does that make any sense? :loon
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

wesw

Post by wesw »

Black jobs matter.

secure our border.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:loon
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

This brouhaha about Trump's original statement is just one more demonstration of the comical political correctness of the MSM.

Here is the quote in question: "They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

So what is he saying? The Mexicans who are coming here illegally are disproportionately criminal, and disproportionately people "with problems" - presumably people who are coming here to take advantage of various elements of our social safety net and who will not be contributors to the U.S. in any measurable sense (other than being reliable Democrat voters, should they ever get the chance).

Trump was absolutely correct on both counts.

Clearly, Trump was not saying that all illegals ("Undocumented Guest Workers") are criminals. But illegals constitute approximately 15% of the nation's incarcerated population, despite only comprising about 8 percent of the adult population. 25% of U.S. drug offenders (Federal) are "Hispanic" illegals. Looks to me like Trump was right on that count.

As for the safety net:

"Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies. Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a non-partisan Washington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S. The results, published this month in a lengthy report, are hardly surprising. Basically, the majority of households across the country benefitting from publicly-funded welfare programs are headed by immigrants, both legal and illegal. States where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62%), Texas, California and New York with 61% each and Pennsylvania(59%).The study focused on eight major welfare programs that cost the government $517 billion the year they were examined. They include Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the disabled, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), a nutritional program known as Women, Infants and Children (WIC), food stamps, free/reduced school lunch, public housing and health insurance for the poor (Medicaid). Food assistance and Medicaid are the programs most commonly used by illegal immigrants, mainly on behalf of their American-born children who get automatic citizenship. On the other hand, legal immigrant households take advantage of every available welfare program, according to the study, which attributes it to low education level and resulting low income. The highest rate of welfare recipients come from the Dominican Republic (82 %), Mexico and Guatemala (75%) and Ecuador (70%), according to the report, which says welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents. "

And keep in mind, this does NOT include the immigrants' "exploitation" of our public education system - already overburdened according to Democrats and teachers' unions. Add that to the cost and it more than doubles.

A "gaffe" has been defined as a statement that, while true, would be better left unsaid. But I'm not sure that Trump's statement was a "gaffe." I'm glad he said it.

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

As the great moral philosopher Ann Coulter has asked: "Should American immigration policy be used to benefit American citizens, or the residents of third-world shit-holes who want to come here?"

The answer is obvious to anyone not wearing blinders.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

When you quote Ann Coulter as a source for your argument, your argument is unsound. Period. :roll:
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Does anyone want to hazard a guess, if Immigration were to do a coordinated sweep of all the Trump Hotels, of how many illegal aiiens would be found working there?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

No sucker bets, thanks. ;)
~ Carl Sagan

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

This is perfect (and HI-larious):http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html
Donald Trump vowed Thursday to wage a hard-charging and lengthy presidential campaign, including filing his financial disclosures with the Federal Election Commission as early as next week, as unease continued to swirl throughout the Republican Party about his incendiary rhetoric on immigration.

In a wide-ranging, 30-minute interview with The Washington Post, the billionaire real estate mogul and reality-television star also said he has serious concerns about other GOP candidates and refused to commit to supporting the eventual nominee in the general election.

“So many people want me to run as an independent, so many people,” Trump said. “I have been asked by — you have no idea, everybody wants me to do it.”

Pressed about whether he would back the Republican ticket if he fails to win the nomination himself, Trump left the door open for a third-party bid of his own. “I would have to see who the nominee is,” he said.

For now, Trump said, he thinks that the “best chance of defeating the Democrats” is for him to “win as a Republican because I don’t want to be splitting up votes.”
I wish I could send him money in support of his campaign, but I just couldn't live with myself. :mrgreen:
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

rubato

Post by rubato »

[shiny shit] Racism sells to Republican voters:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... olina.html
Trump leads GOP field in North Carolina

PPP's newest North Carolina poll finds that Donald Trump's momentum just keeps on building. He's the top choice of Republican primary voters in the state, getting 16% to 12% for Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, 11% for Mike Huckabee, 9% for Ben Carson and Marco Rubio, 7% for Rand Paul, 6% for Ted Cruz, 5% for Chris Christie, 4% for Carly Fiorina, 2% for Rick Perry, 1% each for Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal, and Rick Santorum, and less than 1% each for John Kasich and George Pataki.

Trump's favorability rating in North Carolina is 55/32, much higher than we were finding in national polls prior to his entry into the race. Trump's really caught fire with voters on the far right- 66% of 'very conservative' voters see him favorably to only 24% with a negative view of him. Trump is polling particularly well with younger voters (29%) and men (20%).
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/07/09/y ... y-with-15/
YouGov poll: Trump now leads GOP field nationally with 15%
posted at 1:21 pm on July 9, 2015 by Allahpundit

This is, I believe, his first lead in any national poll. One word, my friends: Yuge.

The bad news: More than four in 10 Republicans say they don’t like him, so if he hangs around long enough to be part of a two- or three-man race, he’ll meet some entrenched opposition among voters he’s trying to win over. The good news: His favorable rating, which has been abysmal in some polls, is now net positive in YouGov’s. A month ago, on June 15, they had him at 38/47. Today he’s at 49/43.

Don’t forget to thank the many GOP pols who made all of this possible, says Mickey Kaus, starting with Marco Rubio.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... l-20150701

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

dgs49 wrote:As the great moral philosopher Ann Coulter has asked: "Should American immigration policy be used to benefit American citizens, or the residents of third-world shit-holes who want to come here?"

The answer is obvious to anyone not wearing blinders.

The answer is obvious to anyone smarter than you and less evil than Ann Coulter.

If you do not address the things which are driving people to emigrate you can only solve the problem by militarizing the problem and killing the people who try to come here (or go to Europe, or go to Indonesia, or go to Australia). Nothing short of that will be effective. If you were paying attention you wold have seen that hundreds were dying each year trying to cross the desert into the U.S. Thousands die each year trying to cross the Mediterranean and in boats fleeing Myanmar. If they are willingly risking death en mass already you have no method of stopping them short of killing them. Illegal migration is an international problem and the solution is the same everywhere. When the conditions of life in one place are so bad that there is no hope of a better future, where your children will be killed or made sex slaves by drug gangs or Al Shabab, where the institutions of government are so corrupted that you cannot forsee any future where the rights of individuals are protected then you will go to any lengths to go someplace better.

The only solution is to help fix the problems which are driving them.

Of course, a moral person would do it out of a sense of moral obligation but in this case even self-interest argues for it.

Or we can take your, and Ann Coulter's approach and say "screw them, I got mine" and pretend that will change something.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:ok What he said.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

wesw

Post by wesw »

"Yuge" ???????????????????

RayThom

CRUNCH TIME

Post by RayThom »

With only 486 days remaining until the 2016 presidential election it appears The Donald is the clear and present leader among dazed and confused Repugs. The polls NEVER lie. Yep... this victory will be YUGE!!! The Dems should roll up their tent and go home.

"President Donald Trump and Vice President Sarah Palin." Words that roll trippingly off the tongue.

America, what a country. God bless us all.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”