trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
RayThom

trump is serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Uncle Sam sleeps with the fishes.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Lord Jim »

It's simple, but it says it...
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I take it back...

Orange is his color...
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Re: trump is seriously bonkers!!!

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

This piece by George Conway (yes, Kellyanne's hubby - dinnertime should be interesting in that household) in the Atlantic is worth a read. Especially as The Atlantic has now instituted a 'five free articles a month' type paywall, so you have to be judicious.

I especially liked this paragraph:
Behavior like this is unusual, a point that journalists across the political spectrum have made. “This is not normal,” Megan McArdle wrote in late August. “And I don’t mean that as in, ‘Trump is violating the shibboleths of the Washington establishment.’ I mean that as in, ‘This is not normal for a functioning adult.’” James Fallows observed, also in August, that Trump is having “episodes of what would be called outright lunacy, if they occurred in any other setting,” and that if he “were in virtually any other position of responsibility, action would already be under way to remove him from that role.”
Conway sets out the nine diagnostic criteria for narcissistic personality disorder, of which only five need to be present to diagnose NPD.

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

3. Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

4. Requires excessive admiration.

5. Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations).

6. Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends)

7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings or needs of others.

8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
I stopped at a 5/5 but I think he's a solid 9/9.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

'The president is a traitor,' declares former pal Anthony Scaramucci
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Today's outrage (one of them anyway) is throwing the Kurds under the bus for no obvious reason. (Well it is obvious; but only to those of us who understand the criteria on which this President functions.)

That well-known invertebrate Lindsey Graham said this: (my emphasis added)
“If I didn’t see Donald Trump’s name on the tweet, I would have thought it was Obama’s rationale for getting out of Iraq,” Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and usually one of the president’s most vocal backers, said on Fox News.

“This is a big win for Iran and Assad, a big win for ISIS,” Mr. Graham said, using another term for the Islamic State. “I will do everything I can to sanction Turkey if they step one foot in northeastern Syria. That will sever my relationship with Turkey. I think most of the Congress feels that way.”

Mr. Graham said he would also introduce a nonbinding resolution asking Mr. Trump to reconsider his move, which he called “shortsighted and irresponsible.” The president’s assertion that the Islamic State has been defeated is “the biggest lie being told by this administration,” Mr. Graham added.
Maybe we can get Sen Graham to enlighten us on a few of the smaller lies being told by this administration. Inquiring minds want to know.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

The good news is that just as with the last time made this disasterous decision for US security (to say nothing of the immorality of it) all the push back he's getting from Republicans who have generally fallen in line for him may get him to reverse course...
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Pat Robertson: Trump Will Lose His ‘Mandate of Heaven’ if He Pulls Out of Syria

When you’ve lost Pat Robertson…

Reacting to President Donald Trump’s announcement that American forces will pull out of Syria and pave the way for Turkey to invade the country and attack Kurdish allies, the ultra-conservative televangelist on Monday joined the growing chorus of Republican critics of the president’s decision.

“I am absolutely appalled that the United States is going to betray those democratic forces in northern Syria,” he said during Monday’s broadcast of The 700 Club, first spotted by Right Wing Watch. “That we are possibly going to allow the Turkish to come in against the Kurds.”

Calling Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan a “thug” and “dictator,” Robertson said it was “nonsense” to call the Turkish leader an ally of America, claiming Erdogan is just “in for himself.”

Robertson, who has been a loyal Trump supporter, then took full aim at the president.

“The president, who allowed [Washington Post journalist Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks,” he exclaimed. “The President of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen.”

Robertson’s forceful condemnation of the president comes as Trump takes heat from some of his staunchest defenders over the Syria pullout. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) called the president’s move “irresponsible” and “unnerving to its core,” while Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade said the decision was “disastrous” as it would leave the Kurds to fend for themselves.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pat-rober ... t-of-syria
Republicans slam Trump's Syria pullout: 'Disaster,' 'Betrayal,' 'Mistake'

A long list of Republicans — including several top allies of President Donald Trump — lined up in vehement opposition Monday to the president’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from the northern border of Syria and allow a Turkish operation there.

The announcement marked a major blow to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, or SDF, which the U.S. relied upon heavily as the most effective fighting force against the Islamic State militant group in Syria — and prompted outrage among GOP lawmakers.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said in a statement that "a precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime."

"And it would increase the risk that ISIS and other terrorist groups regroup," he added. “I urge the President to exercise American leadership to keep together our multinational coalition to defeat ISIS and prevent significant conflict between our NATO ally Turkey and our local Syrian counterterrorism partners."

In a lengthy tweetstorm, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a fierce Trump loyalist, tore into the decision, calling it a “disaster in the making.”

Graham predicted the move “Ensures ISIS comeback,” “Forces Kurds to align with Assad and Iran” and “Destroys Turkey’s relationship with U.S. Congress,” and called it a “stain on America’s honor for abandoning the Kurds.”

“I feel very bad for the Americans and allies who have sacrificed to destroy the ISIS Caliphate because this decision virtually reassures the reemergence of ISIS. So sad. So dangerous,” Graham tweeted. “President Trump may be tired of fighting radical Islam. They are NOT tired of fighting us,” he added.

In a series of tweets, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said it would be "DISGRACEFUL if we sat idly by while Turkey slaughters the Kurds, as public reports suggest that Turkish leader Erdogan explicitly told President Trump he intends to do."

Nikki Haley, who served as Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations for almost two years, tweeted, “We must always have the backs of our allies, if we expect them to have our back. The Kurds were instrumental in our successful fight against ISIS in Syria.”

“Leaving them to die is a big mistake,”
she added, before including a “#TurkeyIsNotOurFriend” hashtag.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., said in a Twitter post, “If reports about US retreat in #Syria are accurate, the Trump administration has made a grave mistake that will have implications far beyond Syria.”

“It would confirm #Iran’s view of this administration & embolden then to escalate hostile attacks which in turn could trigger much broader & more dangerous regional war,” he added.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, another strong supporter of the president, tweeted that abandoning the Kurds was a “HUGE mistake.”

“They've never asked us to do THEIR fighting-just give them tools to defend themselves. They have been faithful allies. We CANNOT abandon them,”
Huckabee wrote.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... t-n1063251

I think it's pretty clear that El Disgusto made this reckeless and impulsive decision in a pathetic attempt to try to get the public/media focus away from Impeachment...

Good luck with that, scumbag...

Yet another example of how he is perfectly happy to toss critical strategic American interests under the bus if he figures he can buy himself even the slightest personal benefit in the process...
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

If Pat Robertson looked out of the window and said "It's raining" I'd at least check and probably I'd argue with him. I'm with Robertson on this (well, his conclusions, not the 'man date of heaven' bit obv but I didn't know that Robertson goes in for man dates, heavenly or otherwise) and McConnell and Rubio and Cruz and Graham.

I think I'll go and lie down, but not before I've checked for other strange bedfellows.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Dear God, please call Donald J. Trump home as soon as heavenly possible.

In your name we pray, The World.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Trump Is Serious!!!!!

Post by RayThom »