trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Sue U

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Sue U »

By Robin Goist, cleveland.com

AKRON, Ohio – President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday morning calling on his supporters to boycott the Akron-based Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. after a report circulated that employees are prohibited from wearing attire with messages such as “MAGA” or “Blue Lives Matter.”

“Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES – They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!),” Trump tweeted.
Stable GeniusTM here is advocating for destroying American jobs and manufacturing (Akron-based Goodyear is one of only two U.S. tire manufacturers) in a marginally "red" state whose immediate past Republican governor just spoke at the Democratic National Convention urging Americans to reject Trump as unfit for office. (Oh and those cheaper tires -- imported from China? Or Mexico?) Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ohio flip to blue next week.
GAH!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I guess the president will be doing more helicopter rides. The specially armored limo he uses has specially made Goodyear tires and nobody else supplies them.

By the way If there are only two USA tire companies, is the other one Hoosier?

snailgate

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Burning Petard wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:23 pm
I guess the president will be doing more helicopter rides. The specially armored limo he uses has specially made Goodyear tires and nobody else supplies them.

By the way If there are only two USA tire companies, is the other one Hoosier?

snailgate
Cooper Tires.

Hoosier is owned by Continental AG, based in Germany.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Just sayin'

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Rolling on Goodyear. Not much Trump can do about that. BTW I don't think the Secret Service will take them off the Beast because Cooper does not - as far as I could tell - make a run flat tite.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’ve had Coopers once, weren’t bad and reasonable pricing.

Can’t believe he’s stupid enough to attack a company with 63,000 American employees. Oh wait yes I can.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:46 am
Can’t believe he’s stupid enough to ________________________________________________________
I'm trying hard to think of something, anything, that could fill in the blank and I wouldn't believe.

:shrug Not coming up with anything.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Speaking of stupid....
During an MSNBC interview Wednesday, former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff Miles Taylor said the president made a surprising request.

Taylor, who has been speaking out about his time in the Trump administration in recent days, told MSNBC's Hallie Jackson that he heard Trump float a swap deal for Puerto Rico and Greenland during summer 2018.

According to Taylor, Trump made the comments ahead of an August 2018 trip to Puerto Rico for hurricane relief.

"He actually said he wanted to see if we could sell Puerto Rico — could we swap Puerto Rico for Greenland because, in his words, Puerto Rico was 'dirty' and 'the people were poor,'" Taylor said.

"These are Americans, Hallie. We don't talk about our fellow Americans that way," he added.

When Jackson asked if Trump was joking, Taylor said, "I did not take it as a joke."

Taylor also said Trump expressed "deep animus for the Puerto Rican people behind the scenes."

White House spokesman Judd Deere told Insider in an email that Taylor is "another creature of the D.C. Swamp who never understood the importance of the President's agenda or why the American people elected him and clearly just wants to cash-in."

Deere added: "President Trump has an unprecedented number of accomplishments in spite of government bureaucrats who are only out for themselves, not the forgotten men and women of this country."
source

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's good to know that our president is carefully considering all of the options available.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:21 am
It's good to know that our president is carefully considering all of the options available.
Fifty bucks says that's all he will do, and he'll still be considering the options right up until moving day in January.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Or to be rather more accurate (perhaps):
CARLSON: You’ve come to where we are now Osaka or Tokyo and the cities are clean. There's no graffiti. No one going to bathroom on the street. You don't see junkies.

TRUMP: It's very nice, isn't it?

CARLSON: Very different from our city.

TRUMP: Yes. Well, no, some of our cities --

CARLSON: Some of our cities, but New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles - they've got a major problem with --

TRUMP: It's very sad.

CARLSON: With filth. Why is that?

TRUMP: It's a phenomena that started two years ago. It's disgraceful. I'm going to may be and I'm looking at it very seriously, we're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that.

You can't have what's happening -- where police officers are getting sick just by walking the beat. I mean, they're getting actually very sick, where people are getting sick, where the people living there living in hell, too.

Although some of them have mental problems where they don't even know they're living that way. In fact, perhaps they like living that way. They can't do that. We cannot ruin our cities. And you have people that work in those cities. They work in office buildings and to get into the building, they have to walk through a scene that nobody would have believed possible three years ago.

And this is the liberal establishment. This is what I'm fighting. They -- I don't know if they're afraid of votes. I don't know if they really believe that this should be taking place. But it's a terrible thing that's taking place. And we may be --

You know, I had a situation when I first became President, we had certain areas of Washington, D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly. I said, "You can't do that."

When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the President of the United States and they're riding down a highway, they can't be looking at that. I really believe that it hurts our country.

They can't be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Francisco, I own property in San Francisco, so I don't care except it was so beautiful. And now areas that you used to think as being, you know, really something very special, you take a look at what's going on with San Francisco, it's terrible.

So we're looking at it very seriously. We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up. It's inappropriate.

Now, we have to take the people and do something. We have to do something.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... stan.html
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Further, also as well
This interview was conducted in June 2019, broadcast in July. So when he says the problems started "two years ago", he's pointing out that things started to go downhill 5 months after he took office

Clever man! Duh!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

The only time Trump could truly be said to be in his element would be if he was immersed up to his chin in a manure storage pit.

Kinda like this guy (above), who waded into a manure pit to rescue his dog and had to be rescued himself.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Was he successful at saving his Shih Tzu?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown