kasich on c-span

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

kasich on c-span

Post by wesw »

just watched a new john Kasich interview. c spans 'Road to the White House' series, if you are interested....

remember when he had that massive hair helmet? glad that his hair has settled into late middle age, no way a guy with a massive hair helmet can get elected president.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: kasich on c-span

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Be sure to let us know when you're done in the bathroom
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Of all the candidates we have on offer, John Kasich, both in terms of experience and political acumen, is the very best my party has on offer...

Team Clinton says they're most worried about Jeb, or Marco, but they really ought to be worried about Kasich...

He has by far the best resume for the job; 18 years in The House, culminating as Chairman Of The House Budget Committee...

You'd have to go back to Lyndon Johnson (Or Maybe Jerry Ford) to find a candidate of either party with that kind of understanding of the relationship between the Executive and Legislative branches of government...

But his qualifications do not end there...

After leaving The House, he wrote three books, (all of which made the NY Times Bestseller List) and hosted a popular POV show on FOX...(giving him experience in dealing with "the camera"...)

Then in 2010, he was elected by a small 49-47 percent margin as Governor of the Purple State of Ohio...

And then in 2014, he was re-elected with 61% of the vote, (including 26% percent of the African American vote; an unheard of percentage for a Republican in a state-wide race in recent times)

And he didn't get that vote because he has a reputation for being a "John Huntsman-type" wishy-washy pseudo-Republican....

Kasich combines 18 years of successful Capitol Hill legislative experience, with six years of successful Executive experience as Governor of a major US state (and a state that the GOP can't win the Presidency without carrying)

So, Kasich combines an understanding of the Capitol Hill legislative process, with the experience of a successful Executive, and an understanding of the modern media...

A Kasich-Rubio ticket should make Team Clinton afraid...

Very afraid... 8-)
Last edited by Lord Jim on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

....and he arrives on the scene just in time to save the day. smart.

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh yeah, he played a HUGE role in helping pres Clinton achieve a balanced budget too, also, as well...

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

wesw wrote:too, also, as well...
Now you're just looking to pick a fight with the grammarians on the board! :fu :nana
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Kasich is also an easy going, avuncular type person, who gets on well with "ordinary" people....

Much like Mr. Bill...

(As opposed to Madame Clinton...... :? )
ImageImageImage

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

We have toooo many outstanding candidates.

But resume-wise, and accomplishment-wise, I have to agree that Kasich is #1.

And that doesn't even consider that he's a Pittsburgh guy (born & raised). Probably a Steeler fan, at least in his heart.

wesw

Post by wesw »

I m watching his speech now. brilliant. honest.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

A Kasich-Rubio ticket should make Team Clinton afraid...
I'll be supporting Bernie until he drops out, and then Hillary...but from a purely political standpoint, I've got to agree that that ticket (or possibly Kasich-Graham?) would be the GOP's best shot at the White House in 2016. Most of the clown car wouldn't stand much of a chance at all against any likely Dem ticket.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Kasich is not running for Preznit, he is running for GOP Nominee, and he will not win (i.e., he will lose) because Republicans.

Need I remind you?

But feel free to dream today, because tomorrow you welcome your new Donald Trumpian overlord.

ETA:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh, I think that America may surprise you......

wesw

Post by wesw »

....and Kasich is the only one who could actually win as a third party candidate.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

No, you're wrong there. In fact, I'll go so far to predict that no one can win as a third party candidate. If Trump--or any of the current Republican crop, including Kasich--tries, that will insure Hillary's victory; if Bernie tries (which he won't: unlike the Donald, he's actually got some political smarts), that will insure a GOP victory (unless their candidate is one of the really really crazy ones, which probably won't happen).
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God