oil

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

oil

Post by wesw »

35 bucks a barrel.....

RayThom

vinegar

Post by RayThom »

29 bucks a barrel.....
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Re: Piss

Post by Big RR »

Free, you can make it yourself.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: oil

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

One barrel one buck
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

No need for a scope for that shot.

kmccune

Post by kmccune »

Get some more new tech on board,it may stay cheap for awhile-till,everybody loads up on 3 ton behemoths again :ok

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

$1.92/gallon today. Filled up my Jeep for under $25!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

wesw

Post by wesw »

under two bucks here too...

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I filled up this afternoon at $1.71/gal.
GAH!

kristina

Post by kristina »

And I was so excited to see $2.59/gallon...

dales

Post by dales »

I remember when regular gasoline was 22 cents per gallon and a bbl of crude was around $5.

That was when I first go my CDL in 1968.

And we are all so happy to see in under $2/gal.

TooFunny! :lol:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Guinevere wrote:$1.92/gallon today. Filled up my Jeep for under $25!
I pumped $180.

Pumped about 75 gallons into the tanks on the 26' truck I drive at work. :)
Treat Gaza like Carthage.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

$1.95 per gallon most places here in my section of western Wisconsin.  I'll be honest; I never expected to see gasoline this cheap again.
Of course, it's gonna hurt all over again when it finally starts climbing back to where it was last year at this time.  And you know that's gotta happen sooner or later.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Unlikely. Demand most likely is down for good. More and more alternatives to fossil fuels are available. And the COP21 accord will also further reduce demand.

The end of the age of fossil fuels is drawing near.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

wesw

Post by wesw »

yep, and we have the tech to get oil in ways that were not possible in the past, the US and Canada are the major producers of these alternative oil recovery methods now, but they are not the only nations to have these newly accessible reserves

we will transition to solar wind and eco friendly hydro power, it s only a matter of time and trial and error.

I m a huge fan of solar, but chopping down forests to build solar farms is not the way it will end up being used, for the most part

solar farms will be fine in phoenix or desert or scrub land, but the future of solar lies in individual home and business use and independent production.

we have all these rooftops just sitting there doing nothing. they beg for solar panels. storage battery tech is improving as we speak.

the future of hydro lies in smaller turbines as well. the dams are great producers but destroy our eco systems and wild life, and when they do fail, as I expect the three gorges project to do, they will wreak havoc and carnage. the futre lies in tidal and river flow turbines, smaller local apps, not bigger.

and the wind do blow...

right now I think we should use our oil, OUR oil, to ease the transition to alternative, which is why I support keystone. I know that keystone is mostly Canadian oil right now, but it won t remain so, and helping Canada, helps us, in my view

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

$2.17/gal around here. I do get some cents off if we spend enough at stop-n-shop, so sometimes it's under $2. NJ always is about fifty-sixty cents cheaper than NY, AND they pump your gas for you.