RIP Justice Antonin Scalia

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

RIP Justice Antonin Scalia

Post by BoSoxGal »

Everybody's gotta die; may you rest easy and thanks VERY much for vacating your space in time for President Obama to fill before he leaves office. :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Re: RIP Justice Antonin Scalia

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From the CNN report:
Soon after news of Scalia's death surfaced, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called for the vacancy to be filled

"The American people‎ should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," McConnell said in a statement.
Doesn't just one second person read the shit they write before they press [POST]?

rubato

Post by rubato »

The American people have conclusively chosen Barack Obama as president for 7 years. The next president has a term of 4 years, not five.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

How much do you want to bet that this seat on the SCOTUS bench will still be open after the November election?
Anyone who knows how the Republicans conduct "business" are fully aware that they will go into full stall mode and will object to any Obama nominee for reasons ranging from his/her experience to his/her eye or hair color.

Here's a novel idea ... how about if the eight remaining Justices have some input into who *THEY* think should be their next colleague?  Let *THEM* make a suggestion as to who they feel would be the best fit to fill the vacancy.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

wesw

Post by wesw »

uh..., this is still America. the justices are free to voice their opinions as to who they wish to serve with.

unless they are on a college campus, then they have to be nicey nicey to the poor wittle babies....

hey! another novel idea! the president should choose his own successor! and senators can be replaced by their sons!!!! brilliant!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'm bumping the other thread, for the purpose of discussion...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15172
ImageImageImage