HEIL DRUMPF

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

HEIL DRUMPF

Post by Bicycle Bill »

"Raise your right hand ... I do solemnly swear that I — no matter how I feel, no matter what the conditions, if there's hurricanes or whatever — will vote on or before the 12th (date of the Florida primary) for Donald J. Trump for president."
All that's missing are the armbands and the music by Wagner.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Re: HEIL DRUMPF

Post by Lord Jim »

Yeah, I heard about this this morning, and I have to say with so much solid stuff to go after Trump on, this one looks pretty weak...

He's clearly not asking for salutes, nor are they being offered; he's leading his crowd in a humorously intended mock "pledge" to drive home the point of the importance of them actually turning out to vote...

As someone observed on Morning Joe today, if you took a still photo of a group of immigrants taking the citizenship pledge, it would look pretty much the same...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

so every classroom I have ever been in has been full of Nazis?

every citizenship oath of loyalty is a Nazi salute?

we are solemnly swearing to hitler in court?

you should have put this in Laffs.....

rubato

Post by rubato »

You are WAYYYY hyperbolic on this. (Referring to the OP) Trump does not have that kind of national organization.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I frankly think it's counter productive to make a big deal out of something like this which can be so easily explained, when Trump has said and done so many MANY things for which there are no good explanations...

It also gives him something to exploit with his whining narrative (which is overwhelmingly false) that he is somehow being treated "unfairly"...
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If it's so innocuous and "no big deal", why then haven't any of the other candidates asked their supporters to 'solemnly swear' a mock loyalty oath?

And while it's true there are enough other things out there to use to against him, if he is so eager to provide such a handy refill for my shot-locker, I might as well use it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

rubato

Post by rubato »

Bicycle Bill wrote:If it's so innocuous and "no big deal", why then haven't any of the other candidates asked their supporters to 'solemnly swear' a mock loyalty oath?

And while it's true there are enough other things out there to use to against him, if he is so eager to provide such a handy refill for my shot-locker, I might as well use it.
-"BB"-

He's just another Republican. They all sound like this.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

He's just another Republican. They all sound like this.
LMAO!

What an absolute crock... :lol: :lol: :lol:
why then haven't any of the other candidates asked their supporters to 'solemnly swear' a mock loyalty oath?
Because none of the other candidates are that big a juvenile, self-absorbed, ego-tripping douche bag...

Remember, this is the guy who has such a contemptuous view of his supporters that he openly told them that they are so brain dead that they'd support him even if he shot somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue...
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Lord Jim wrote:Remember, this is the guy who has such a contemptuous view of his supporters that he openly told them that they are so brain dead that they'd support him even if he shot somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue...
That contempt is apparently well-deserved.
GAH!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Spreading this nonsense as a Nazi salute is not a good reflection.

No one is removing people from their homes in the middle of the night.

No one is breaking windows and destroying private businesses except black lives matter, occupy and other similar groups.

No one is being put in prison on false charges.

Comparing Trump to a Nazi and calling this a Nazi salute reduces the horror of the Holocaust to a political ad.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Comparing Trump to a Nazi and calling this a Nazi salute reduces the horror of the Holocaust to a political ad.
I completely agree with you on that; snarky, facile "Nazi" comparisons trivialize the monstrous crimes of the real NSDAP....

And it's also totally unnecessary; there are so many legitimate lines of attack on Trump....
Last edited by Lord Jim on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:Spreading this nonsense as a Nazi salute is not a good reflection.

No one is removing people from their homes in the middle of the night.

No one is breaking windows and destroying private businesses except black lives matter, occupy and other similar groups.

No one is being put in prison on false charges.
Not yet, anyway.....
-"BB"-

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

And, FWIW, I'm not so sure about the first or last items.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Well, except for the business of the Nazi salute, this is all happening around the USA for quite a while. The 'Swatted' prank would not work if the police were not ready and willing to break doors in the middle of the night on the slightest pretext. The police apprehension for the act of 'driving while black' is not an urban legend. Read about the recent freeing of black teenagers held for gang rape in central park, where the prosecution and cops knew they did not do it, but kept them in jail anyway. The 'enhanced interrogation' water-boarding was a technique brought into the US prisons in Iraq by USA policeman who had been using it in their non-military police activities and took it with them when they were called into active duty as reserve MP's.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oh Big RR! Trump is removing people from their homes in the middle of the night AND putting people in prison on false charges?

Fact is, to use the photograph of Trump's audience raising their hands in a "pledge of allegiance" as the basis for a facile joke about Nazism is just exactly that - facile.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Meanwhile, Meade, in his own subtle way, is using an avatar that shows that he secretly supports Donald Trump.

He wants to 'Make America Grate Again'...

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

OK Meade--if we are limiting it to Trump and his supporters, then I would agree that they are doing neither of those things. But I do maintain that such things are not unknown in the US.

And I agree with those who say the comparison of the pledging supporters with nazis is silly IMHO.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Far worse than silly. It is an insult to those who actually experienced the Holocaust.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Good grief, @w! It's insulting to Nazis! :shock:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Sue U wrote:
Lord Jim wrote:Remember, this is the guy who has such a contemptuous view of his supporters that he openly told them that they are so brain dead that they'd support him even if he shot somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue...
That contempt is apparently well-deserved.
Sadly, unfortunately, that contempt does indeed seem to be "well deserved".... :?
ImageImageImage