Bill Of Impeachment: Article I, Obstruction Of Justice

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Lord Jim

Re: Bill Of Impeachment: Article I, Obstruction Of Justice

Post by Lord Jim »

wesw wrote:still nothing to do with trump, as his charges had nothing to do with trump.

manafort will assist with more useless indictments against Russians who will never again set foot on U.S. soil.

bravo, mr crooked pants, bravo.....
FYI wes:
As it has done several times before when a Trump associate pleads guilty, the Trump White House quickly issued a statement distancing itself from Paul Manafort's guilty plea made in federal court Friday. Among its claims is that the charges the former Trump campaign chairman pleaded guilty to are not related to his work on the presidential campaign.

"This had absolutely nothing to do with the president or his victorious 2016 presidential campaign,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in the statement. “It is totally unrelated.” [Now we know where wes got his talking points from]

Whether or not the charges are "unrelated" to Manafort's work on the campaign (there is a time overlap that could become significant in the future), there is one important fact the White House ignored that is absolutely vital – and could easily prove to take down Trump, his team, and even his family.

Why?

The published cooperation agreement unequivocally states Manafort must cooperate without reservation.
"Your client shall cooperate fully, truthfully, completely, and forthrightly with the Government and other law enforcement authorities identified by the Government in any and all matters as to which the government deems the cooperation relevant."
That's breathtakingly broad, and ironclad.

Mueller could conceivably make Manafort testify to a federal grand jury, or even a state grand jury. And without an attorney present. He can require Manafort to answer pretty much any question about Donald Trump he asks.

Manafort has known Trump for decades. He owns – or did, until today when he pleaded guilty to several felonies and agreed to give up four homes – an apartment in Trump Tower, where he had lived since 2006. He was Trump's campaign chairman. And he was in the infamous Trump Tower meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, who is tied to the Russian government.

There's no telling – yet – what Manafort knows about the president, Trump's years of real estate deals, and possible money laundering, or other possible criminal acts.
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... heres-why/
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

(available as a T-shirt from neatoshop.com)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Have a nice weekend, Mr. President:
Michael Cohen spoke to Mueller team for hours; asked about Russia, possible collusion, pardon: Sources

President Donald Trump’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, has participated over the last month in multiple interview sessions lasting for hours with investigators from the office of special counsel, Robert Mueller, sources tell ABC News.

The special counsel’s questioning of Cohen, one of the president’s closest associates over the past decade, has focused primarily on all aspects of Trump's dealings with Russia -- including financial and business dealings and the investigation into alleged collusion with Russia by the Trump campaign and its surrogates to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Investigators were also interested in knowing, the sources say, whether Trump or any of his associates discussed the possibility of a pardon with Cohen.

Over the 16 months that Mueller has been investigating, the president has repeatedly bashed the investigation as a partisan witch hunt, insisting there has been no collusion and no obstruction of justice.

The interviews with Cohen took place in Washington, D.C., and New York City. They were also attended in part by prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York.

Cohen’s participation in the meetings has been voluntary -- without any guarantee of leniency from prosecutors, according to several people familiar with the situation.

ABC News has also learned that Cohen is also cooperating with a separate probe by New York state authorities into the inner workings of the Trump family charity and the Trump Organization, where Cohen served as an executive vice president and special counsel to Trump for 10 years.

The news of Cohen’s dealings with federal and state investigators comes close on the heels of another potentially perilous legal development for the president: the guilty pleas last week from Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, who struck a deal with Mueller’s prosecutors in exchange for his cooperation.

As the Manafort deal was taking shape -- Mueller’s team had already been talking to Cohen.

And given Cohen’s prolonged time spent in proximity to Trump, his family and the inner-workings of the Trump Organization, some insiders consider his cooperation with authorities to be one of most serious potential legal threats to confront the president.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael ... d=57959664

ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Good for Michael Cohen!

This is the just desserts Trump gets for being, by all accounts, a really shitty friend to Cohen. Trump’s ego is so massive he apparently believes that his associates owe him loyalty no matter how badly he treats or abandons them.

Cohen has doubtless done any number of despicable things in his service to our scumbag pResident; it’s nice to see that he’s cooperating fully absent any agreements with prosecutors, as it’s proof that somewhere inside of him is some essential goodness remaining despite his long association with scum.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

So if I read this right, Cohen is also facing possible NY state charges. And those charges are not pardonable by Lord Dampnut, right? Under the circumstances it appears Cohen would have no reason to be less than truthful. Lie and die.

Between Cohen and Manafort flipping it would appear that DJTJr will be the next in a long line to be questioned. I think he'll fold like a cheap card table once Mueller gets a hold of him. Like good ol' dad I suspect he, too, has a problem with the truth.

I get a feeling that impeachment may be closer than many think -- only a handful of months away.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

(Now that the election is over I suspect there will be plenty of new developments to post in this thread...)
WSJ: Draft indictment detailed Trump's role in hush money scheme

(CNN)Federal prosecutors prepared a detailed 80-page indictment against Michael Cohen that outlined President Donald Trump's role in directing payments to women to keep quiet about alleged affairs, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

The report adds new details to Cohen's comments in court when he pleaded guilty in August, in which he said the payments to the women were coordinated with Trump.

Trump was involved in or briefed on nearly every step of the payments that were made to former Playboy model Karen McDougal and adult film actress Stephanie Clifford, who goes by the stage name Stormy Daniels, to keep quiet about their alleged affairs with Trump, the Journal reported, and the US Attorney's office in Manhattan gathered information about Trump's participation.

The transactions may have violated campaign finance laws.

The 22-page document prosecutors ultimately filed against Cohen alleged that he coordinated with one or more members of the Trump campaign. In court, Cohen admitted that "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office," he kept information that would have harmed Trump from becoming public during the 2016 election cycle.

Prosecutors had prepared a draft indictment of Cohen that was more detailed and included additional charges, people familiar with the investigation have told CNN.

The indictment was sent to the Justice Department in anticipation of charging Cohen, a person familiar the matter said. But negotiations between Cohen and prosecutors then began in earnest and they negotiated a plea deal. Prosecutors never filed the indictment and Cohen pleaded guilty to a court filing containing fewer charges.

The Journal report adds new details about how Trump was involved.

Trump met in August 2015 at Trump Tower with David Pecker, the CEO of American Media, who offered to use the National Enquirer to buy the silence of women who might try to publicize sexual affairs with Trump, according to the Journal. The criminal filing from prosecutors described the meeting in vague terms, but didn't go into detail.

During the campaign, Trump asked Pecker to stop McDougal from telling her story, and Pecker's company paid $150,000 to the former Playboy model. Then in October 2016, Cohen paid $130,000 to Daniels himself to keep her from going public about an affair with Trump.

The President lawyers declined to comment. Trump has previously denied both affairs.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/politics ... index.html
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Trump Tower Moscow, and Michael Cohen’s lies about it, explained

Michael Cohen’s guilty plea in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation on Thursday threatens to unveil an explosive possible reason why President Donald Trump adamantly wants friendly ties with Russia — a long-sought real estate deal.

A court document filed by Mueller states that Cohen — Trump’s former personal lawyer and fixer — lied to Congress at least three separate times about plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow with Trump’s name prominently featured on top.

Cohen testified to Congress that negotiations to build Europe’s tallest building stopped in January 2016. But emails and other communications obtained by multiple news outlets, and now basically confirmed by Cohen, show those negotiations actually continued much longer: into at least June 2016, after Trump had already become the Republican Party’s nominee. And Buzzfeed News reported on Thursday that Trump’s company planned to give the $50 million penthouse in the building to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

That matters, because it puts Trump’s praise of Russia and Putin in a whole new light — what most animated his warmth may have been personal profit. What’s more, it’s entirely possible that Trump knew a close confidante willingly lied to Congress earlier in the investigation.

It looks like Mueller is intimately aware of those communications, too — and he now has Cohen’s full cooperation. That could spell trouble for Trump, because has long said he never had anything to do or at stake with Russia, but that’s clearly not the case.

Yet Trump seems unfazed. After the Cohen plea deal was announced Thursday, Trump told reporters that he never really cared about the tower project and was focused solely on running for president. “I wasn’t trying to hide anything,” he said, adding that “we decided — I decided ultimately not to do it. There would have been nothing wrong if I did do it.”[Trump has to add that bit, because based on prior experience he has to be worried that Cohen taped his conversations with him about this and that Mueller now has the tapes.]

But what’s clear is that Cohen not only spoke to Trump about the plans during the campaign, but that the Trump Organization was in contact with high-level Russian officials at the same time.

Put together, it’s very possible that Trump’s desire for friendly US-Russia relations has less to do with what’s good for America and more to do with what’s good for him. [Same thing with Saudi Arabia...As I said before, for the first time in American history we have a situation where US foreign policy is driven entirely by the personal financial interests of one individual, US national interests be damned...]
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/11/29/18 ... ow-mueller

ETA:

And in a pathetic attempt to change the subject:
Trump abruptly cancels planned Putin meeting

Buenos Aires (CNN)US President Donald Trump on Thursday abruptly canceled his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin two days before they were scheduled to sit down on the sidelines of the G20 summit.

The President pinned the cancellation on Russia's refusal to release Ukrainian Navy ships and sailors seized during a maritime confrontation between the two countries on Sunday.

But while Russia's position on the incident has not changed since it attacked Ukrainian ships on Sunday, the President's abrupt move came after his longtime former attorney Michael Cohen leveled fresh allegations in court about Trump's business dealings with Russia.

"Based on the fact that the ships and sailors have not been returned to Ukraine from Russia, I have decided it would be best for all parties concerned to cancel my previously scheduled meeting (...) in Argentina with President Vladimir Putin. I look forward to a meaningful Summit again as soon as this situation is resolved!" Trump tweeted en route to the summit.

Trump announced he was canceling the meeting less than an hour after telling reporters he believed it is "a very good time to have a meeting" with Putin.

His tweet came shortly after he boarded Air Force One to depart for the G20 summit in Buenos Aires and the series of bilateral meetings he has scheduled in the city. [What obviously happened here is that Trump got on the plane, saw all the cable news coverage of Cohen dropping him squarely into a lie about his dealings with Russia, and he decided he needed to try some kind of diversion move...

I think that there's a very good chance that this meeting will still take place. Afterall, it's not Trump's call; the asset doesn't get to decide when to meet with the handler...]
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics ... index.html

ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

It's interesting that Trump's tweet from AF1 was grammatical, (almost) free from excessive capitalization and extraneous punctuation, and unusually concise. In other words someone else wrote it. The fact that he is listening to others and even sometimes taking their advice may be an indication of how far his little word view has been shaken by recent events.

There was an interesting take on all this in the NYT. We had all been led to believe that negotiations with the Russians over Trump Tower Moscow Inc. had died long before the campaign started. Who knew that this wasnt't true? Well - Trump and Cohen for starters. And of course the Russians - Vlad the Impaler et al. Which means that the Russkies could put the pee tape back in the drawer until they really need it - they have all the leverage they need for normal purposes with the knowledge that he and his kinfolk were lying.

Jeffrey Toobin on CNN last night was saying that for the first time, he has begun to think that Trump will not see out his term. I am not yet sure that I agree with Toobin; for the simple reason that you will have to find 67 Senators who think that they are better off with President Pence. After all, to defeat an impeachment, all you need is 34 senators who refuse to see the obvious or more precisely, 34 senators whose interests lie with continuing to support the president. Or more precisely yet, 34 senators who think that their interests lie with continuing to support the president. I am not sure how I would vote if I were a Senator in that position. And if you were to vote on purely political considerations, whom would you, as a Democrat, rather see on the GOP ballot in 2020: Trump with all his baggage or Pence with a couple of years during which he has managed to avoid some of the more egregious personal conduct characteristics of his predecessor? Those who supported Trump will not blame Pence for his ouster; and he may gather some of those who agree in general with the Trumpian message but who could not stomach him personally.

Be careful what you wish for.

And BTW if Trump survives just another two months, President Pence assuming office in February 2019 could theoretically serve for 10 years!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:... Be careful what you wish for.
And BTW if Trump survives just another two months, President Pence assuming office in February 2019 could theoretically serve for 10 years!
Which I think leaves the door wide open for this scenario. (Yeah, I know, it's the Washington Times.)

Under the circumstances, and providing the Dems fail to nominate a 'viable' contender, I feel I could very well be inclined to vote for a Third Party candidate.

Kasich sees opening for 2020 third-party or independent bid: 'There's a vast ocean in the middle
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -or-indep/

DUMP THE TRUMP 2020
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Trump should add some legal dramas to his extensive television viewing schedule...

That way he might know (since apparently neither Rudy The Clown nor any of his other lawyers wants to tell him) being publicly implicated by SDNY prosecutors in two criminal cases and having it revealed by the Special Prosecuter's office that his former fixer is providing valuable information about previously unrevealed financial dealings he had with Russia during the campaign doesn't exactly constitute "totally cleared":
Court filings present Trump as key figure in multiple federal investigations

Yet Trump tweets: “Totally clears the President. Thank you!”

WASHINGTON — In court documents filed Friday, Special Counsel Robert Mueller for the first time cites President Donald Trump’s time in the White House as relevant in the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

It’s the same time frame in which Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, says he prepared and circulated a statement to congressional investigators that was false.

The revelations were two of four areas in which the special counsel says Cohen provided “useful” assistance in the Russia investigation over the course of seven meetings with investigators.

The Mueller filing and a separate one also filed Friday by federal prosecutors in New York essentially place the president as a key figure in multiple federal investigations.

Yet Trump wrote on Twitter about an hour after the filings became public: “Totally clears the President. Thank you!”

New York prosecutors state in their 40-page document that Cohen admits that during the campaign he violated campaign finance laws by arranging payments to silence women alleging affairs with Trump “in coordination with and at the direction of” the president.

Separately, Cohen’s contacts with people connected to the White House while Trump was in office, as well as the “circumstances of preparing and circulating his response to the congressional inquiries” were two of the four key topics on which Mueller says he cooperated with the Russia investigation.

A previous court filing revealed that Trump and members of his family knew more about Cohen’s efforts to construct a Trump Tower in Moscow than was previously known, and that those discussions went on longer into 2016 than he had told Congress they had.

Trump insisted throughout the campaign he had no business connections with Russia.
More:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/co ... ns-n945521

There's a comedic aspect to this...

This is something like the 20th time that Il Boobce has triumphantly (and of course delusionally) declared that he has been "totally cleared" or ""completely exonerated" by some highly damaging and damning new development in the Russiagate or related investigations, (court filings, indictments, guilty pleas, etc.)...

Trump is like a football player who is so clueless about what's happening on the field that while his team is down 40-0 he's doing a victory dance in the end zone every time the other team scores...

And there's still a lot of time left on the clock...
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

last week the NY Times and WaPo (among others) ran stories about illegal alien workers at Trump's golf establishment in NJ. The management has/has lots of known illegals working there--that's why they provided a van to transport them to and from work, because management knew they could not get documentation needed for a NJ drivers permit.

But buried way down in the story was a wonderful data point.

POTUS wears boxers and he has them ironed..

snailgate.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Burning Petard wrote:... POTUS wears boxers and he has them ironed...
snailgate.
... with the starch that pours from him spine each day.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

HST killed himself and had his ashes shot out of a cannon. :ok

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

It's not just an investigation...

It's an...

Investi-ganza!
Publisher admits hush payments

NEW YORK • The National Enquirer's parent company has acknowledged paying hush money to a woman who alleged an affair with Mr Donald Trump, in order to "suppress the woman's story" and "prevent it from influencing the (presidential) election".

The admission came as federal prosecutors announced on Wednesday that they would not prosecute the company, American Media Inc, or AMI, for its role in a scheme to tilt the presidential race in favour of Mr Trump. In the agreement, AMI said it would cooperate with prosecutors and admitted it paid US$150,000 (S$206,000) to Ms Karen McDougal before the 2016 election to silence her allegations of an affair with Mr Trump.

The deal signalled the unravelling of the deep relationship Mr Trump and AMI chief executive David Pecker had forged over decades.

AMI agreed to cooperate with the Southern District of New York in September, and the deal became public on Wednesday as Michael Cohen, Mr Trump's longtime fixer, was sentenced over campaign finance violations for his role in arranging payments to Ms McDougal and Ms Stormy Daniels, the pornographic-film actress who also allegedly had an affair with Mr Trump.

The moves put additional pressure on the President as he faces multiple investigations and finds himself losing the protection of some of his long-standing allies.

In 2011, AMI helped manage a website, shouldtrumprun.com, which Cohen decided to launch with several partners. "Pecker has a deep industrial knowledge of how Trump and Cohen operated,"
said a former Enquirer employee.
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/unit ... h-payments

Donald Trump's Inauguration Committee Under Federal Investigation for Trading Donations for Policies: Report

Federal prosecutors are investigating the 2017 inauguration committee for President Donald Trump, looking into whether it misspent donations or if donors traded money for access or policies, reported the Wall Street Journal on Thursday, citing sources familiar with the matter.

The paper reported the probe from the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office was still in its "early stages." It also claimed part of the reason the investigation arose was because of materials seized by the FBI from Donald Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen. The Journal reported authorities found a recording of a conversation between Cohen and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff—a former adviser to now-first lady Melania Trump—in which she expressed concerns about how inauguration funds were being spent.

Trump's inaugural committee raised a record-breaking $107 million. The Journal reported that prosecutors spoke with Richard Gates—a Trump campaign staffer and deputy chair of the inaugural committee—about the committee's spending and donors. Gates pleaded guilty to conspiracy and lying to the FBI earlier this year, agreeing to provide information to the ongoing investigation from special counsel Robert Mueller.

The Journal, citing a lawyer close to the matter, said the inaugural committee hadn't been asked for documents or approached by prosecutors.

The investigation is yet another threat to Trump's presidency, amid continuing investigations from Muller and the State's Attorney's Office of the Southern District of New York (SDNY).
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-i ... ns-1258038
New York’s New Attorney General Has Big Plans to Investigate Trump’s Business Dealings

Incoming New York Attorney General Letitia James said she plans to thoroughly investigate the business dealings of President Donald Trump and his family when she takes office next month.

“We want to investigate anyone in his orbit who has, in fact, violated the law,” James told NBC News.

James, the city’s public advocate since 2014, was elected to the NY AG post this past November to succeed Barbara Underwood. Underwood has already taken some action against Trump’s network: in June she filed suit against Trump, his eldest three children, and the Trump Foundation for mishandling of charitable funds.

James told NBC she plans to continue investigations into the Trump Foundation, along with a number of other points of contention including Trump’s New York real estate holdings, the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian official, government subsidies Trump may have received, and whether or not his New York businesses violate the emoluments clause in the U.S. Constitution.

Since both the Trump Foundation and Trump’s presidential campaigns are centered in New York, James will have ample jurisdiction to take on potential law violations. She’s included former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch as part of her transition team in order to bring in the proper experts, NBC reports.

“I have concerns with respect to the possibility that this administration might pardon some individuals who might face some criminal charges, but I do not want them to be immune from state charges,” said James.

Since both the Trump Foundation and Trump’s presidential campaigns are centered in New York, James will have ample jurisdiction to take on potential law violations. She’s included former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch as part of her transition team in order to bring in the proper experts, NBC reports.

“I have concerns with respect to the possibility that this administration might pardon some individuals who might face some criminal charges, but I do not want them to be immune from state charges,” said James.
http://fortune.com/2018/12/12/letitia-j ... tigations/

And this is all of course on top of the multiple investigations being conducted by the Special Counsel...

Trump must be delighted by all of this because it's creating so many more opportunities for him to be "totally cleared" ...

Yessir, he's going to be the most totally cleared President in history...
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!!!!! LOCK HIM UP!!!!11!!1!1!

etc.

(etc. = "after investigation, indictment/charging complaint, entry of a plea and/or trial according to the Rules of Criminal Procedure." After all, *we* still believe in due process and the rule of law.)
GAH!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Click the image...
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Poll: 62 percent say Trump isn't telling the truth in Russia probe

WASHINGTON — Six in 10 Americans say President Donald Trump has been untruthful about the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign, while half of the country says the investigation has given them doubts about Trump’s presidency, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The survey, conducted a month after the results of November’s midterm elections, also finds more Americans want congressional Democrats — rather than Trump or congressional Republicans — to take the lead role in setting policy for the country.

And just 10 percent of respondents say that the president has gotten the message for a change in direction from the midterms — when the GOP lost control of the U.S. House of Representatives but kept its majority in the U.S. Senate — and that he’s making the necessary adjustments.

“The dam has not burst on Donald Trump,” said Democratic pollster Peter Hart, whose firm conducted this survey with Republican pollster Bill McInturff. “But this survey suggests all the structural cracks [that exist] in the dam.”

What’s more, a plurality of respondents — 46 percent — say the convictions and guilty pleas of members of Trump’s 2016 campaign suggest potential wrongdoing by the president, compared with 23 percent who believe the wrongdoing is limited only to those individuals; 28 percent don’t know enough to say.[there's the group that's available to be persuaded by thorough, public Congressional hearings. ]
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-t ... ia-n948226
ImageImageImage

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I am hopeful, but not optimistic about whether Trump will be impeached, even less so about his chances of removal from office. Indeed, I'd bet that of those 60% of responders who believe Trump is lying, a good portion, maybe even a majority, also think "It's not that big a deal; politicians always lie". This guy has been an ass as president for a long time and is pretty much tolerated by many, whether or not they support him or his politics (which is a pretty good moving target depending on who is pulling the strings); he's done a lot of damage to alliances and succeeded in keeping our troops getting killed in no win situations, yet none of that gets a much play as the border wall, and he appears to be no nearer a removal from office (or trying to tome it down to avoid removal) than he did on his inauguration day. Hell, the guy says he won't be an ass and shut down the government over funding of the wall, and the oppress sings his praises as a master negotiator and compromiser. My guess is that we will have one of two things--Congress will do nothing toward impeachment or we will have a repat of the Clinton impeachment where the House will vote to impeach and the removal vote will go according to party lines and he will still be there. And the country will keep going down into the toilet he is creating. In 2020, the eventual economic downturn will prevent reelection, but the damage will be done.