You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Scooter »

What a way to "own the libs":
Anti-Vax Leader Urges Followers to Drink Their Own Urine to Fight COVID

Anti-COVID-19 “Vaccine Police” leader Christopher Key has a new quarter-baked conspiracy theory for his anti-vax followers to use to cure themselves of COVID-19: Drink their own urine. “The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy. OK, and I know to a lot of you this sounds crazy, but guys, God’s given us everything we need,” Key said in a video posted over the weekend on his Telegram account after being released from jail over a trespassing charge. “This has been around for centuries,” he added. “When I tell you this, please take it with a grain of salt,” the anti-vaccine advocate warned while saying people might now think he is “cray cray.” “Now drink urine!” he continued. “This vaccine is the worst bioweapon I have ever seen,” he concluded. “I drink my own urine!” Reached for comment by The Daily Beast on Sunday night, Key doubled down on what he calls “urine therapy” and railed against “foolish” people who took the COVID-19 vaccine, which is safe and effective.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:05 pm
God’s given us everything we need
He's right about that. Given us intelligence and the ingredients to prepare effective vaccines and treatments. I envision the scientists being kind of like Kirk wandering around the Vasquez Rocks looking for the natural resources that will allow him to battle the Gorn. 8-)

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Whoa! Biden "uses funerals" to "honor friends"??? The horror! How dare he???

Biden&funerals.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I wonder if I could market my own pee to pee-ple who believe this shit. I could call it Organic Covid Killer Juice.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:28 am
I wonder if I could market my own pee to pee-ple who believe this shit. I could call it Organic Covid Killer Juice.
Why not?  If they were willing to buy into the ivermectin and the chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine treatments, or even the idea that a bright UV light would kill the virus, they'll probably be begging you to take their money.

Or, depending on what *YOU'VE* been consuming, you could sell it as "PŪR-Piss" to people who need clean urine to submit in order to pass a drug screening.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

drink pee.jpg
God @The Tweet of God

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

At my last job as a customer service rep for a cell phone carrier, you have absolutely no idea how many times I got people with the same problem.
But of course, I couldn't dare tell them.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

In a tech services type of role for the last 25 years, I have used the "ID ten T" trouble code plenty of times. I also have told them it's a "PEBKAC" issue.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

I have also suggested that they click harder (usually on something I have seen and know is transient). Many times, I get told, "I tried that" but just as often I get, "Hey, that worked!"

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

"Hi — um, I was, uh, in Nancy Pelosi's office yesterday and now I can't find my cellphone.  Could you check lost-and-found and see if it's been turned in?"
Capitol rioters called Nancy Pelosi's office on January 7 to ask if there was a lost and found, according to a congressman.  Rep. Jamie Raskin, who sits on the House select committee, told Insider about the episode.

As crews cleaned the US Capitol on January 7, 2021, the phone lines in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office began to ring.  Rioters were calling "asking whether there was a lost and found because they forgot their phone there, or they left their purse or what have you," Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., told Insider on Friday in a Q&A.

Police officers quickly took down information from the callers, Raskin said.  "The officers quickly got on the phone and said, yeah, just give us your name, your address, your social, you know, and we'll tie up those loose ends," Raskin said.
   .....read the rest hereuse this link if you run into a paywall
And I'm sure, when asked, the callers gave them anything they needed to know — including a call-back number.
When people are as dumb as this, no wonder Trump looks like a genius to them.
-"BB"-

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Rep. Louie Gohmert says Peter Navarro indictment means Republicans 'can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you'

Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert, of Texas, said Friday that the Peter Navarro indictment points to "a two-tiered justice system."

"If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you," Gohmert said during a Newsmax appearance.

Title 18 U.S. Code § 1001 maintains that lying to "the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States" is a felony. The code does not mention a political party.

"They're gonna bury you. They're gonna put you in the DC jail and terrorize you and torture you," the Texas official went on.

Ex-Trump advisor Peter Navarro was indicted by a grand jury on Friday for refusing to testify and provide documents to the January 6 House select committee.

Gohmert is an ally of Former President Trump and has spread the baseless claim that the 2020 election was stolen. Gohmert is not running for reelection for his House seat, instead, he opted for an unsuccessful campaign for attorney general of Texas, where in the May primary he placed last out of four candidates.

Gohmert did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes. When I first saw this story I assumed it was some sort of satire because although plenty of people believe this sort of thing, most of them (well, of those who are over 3 years old) are smart enough not to say it out loud.

Mind you, this is the same mentality which blames Biden for the price of gasoline.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Marjorie Taylor Greene hires Milo Yiannopoulos — a 37-year-old 'ex-gay' former Breitbart editor once disinvited from CPAC for 'condoning pedophilia' — as an intern

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia has hired Milo Yiannopoulos, a 37-year-old former Breitbart editor and "alt-right" activist, as an intern in her official Washington, DC office.

"Mummy always said I'd end up in government!" Yiannopoulos wrote on his Telegram account on Monday.

Greene confirmed the hiring to Insider in a defensive statement that included a transphobic remark about Democratic Rep. Marie Newman of Illinois' trans daughter.

"So I have an intern that was raped by a priest as a young teen, was gay, has offended everyone at some point, turned his life back to Jesus and Church, and changed his life," she said. "Great story!"

"I've finally been persuaded out of retirement. But my skills are a bit rusty, so the best role I could land was an unpaid internship with a friend," Yiannopoulos also wrote on Telegram. "Pray for me!"

The hiring, first reported by Right Wing Watch, marks something of a career change for the one-time online provocateur, who saw his following crater after controversial comments about sexual relationships between younger and older men surfaced in 2017.

"I think particularly in the gay world, and outside the Catholic Church — if that's where some of you want to go with this — I think in the gay world some of the most important, enriching and incredibly life-affirming, important shaping relationships very often between younger boys and older men," he said in a 2016 podcast. "They can be hugely positive experiences."

Those comments and others surfaced by the conservative "Reagan Battalion" Twitter account led to Yiannopoulos being disinvited from the Conservative Political Action Conference that year for "condoning pedophilia."

He also lost a book deal and resigned from Breitbart shortly thereafter. He had been hired at Breitbart by then-executive chairman Steve Bannon in 2014.

Yiannopoulos, who identified at the time as gay, now calls himself "ex-gay" and claimed last year to be building a conversion therapy clinic in Florida.

"I treat it like an addiction," Yiannopoulos told LifeSiteNews of his prior sexuality. "You never stop being an alcoholic."

He also said his husband — who he described merely as "the guy I live with" — had "been demoted to housemate."

Yiannopoulos has also made a slew of other provocative comments, including describing both Islam and feminism as "cancers."

Last year, he joined the right-wing Catholic website Church Militant as a regular contributor, where his biography page describes him as a "reformed sodomite."

It is unclear exactly when Yiannopoulos was hired as an intern for the far-right congresswoman, though he was present at her April 28 press conference in which she discussed Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter, a bill to reform Section 230, and called for the reinstatement of her Twitter account.

The staff ID posted on his Telegram indicates that his internship will last until August 5.

Greene, for her part, has frequently accused Democrats and others favorable to LGBTQ rights as being "groomers."

She's also currently one of two members of Congress — the other being Republican Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona — to have been stripped of her committee assignments for her own past controversies.

More recently, she's faced criticism even from her own party for speaking at a white nationalist conference in Florida.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

FOX News, of ‘fair and balanced’ fame, won’t be airing the January 6 Committee hearings.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 pm
FOX News, of ‘fair and balanced’ fame, won’t be airing the January 6 Committee hearings.
No, of course not. Instead, they are counter-programming with a re-boot of that old chestnut, "Mexican Caravan Invasion," ancillary to their other "great replacement" white supremacist fare, the better to provide racist thrills and panic for their viewers.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Ron DeSantis is promising to have Florida’s child protective services investigate parents who take their kids to drag shows.

God forbid children should see grown ups play dress up. Like they do on several prime times shows on television that are huge ratings hits and certainly have millions of children in the viewing audience.

The Republican Party is dead. Dead. DEAD.
~ Carl Sagan