You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Scooter »

:ok

Great analogy.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Those who do not learn history...

Come up with crap like this...
An Idaho Republican lawmaker has said stay-at-home orders are 'no different' to sending Jews to concentration camps.

State representative Heather Scott also compared GOP Governor Brad Little to Adolf Hitler after he extended the statewide lockdowns until the end of April.

Speaking to Houston-based podcast host Jess Fields in the interview posted online Thursday Scott said: 'When you have government telling you that your business is essential or non-essential, yours is non-essential and someone else's is essential, we have a problem there.'

'I mean, that's no different than Nazi Germany where you had government telling people either you were an essential worker or a non-essential worker, and non-essential workers got put on a train', Scott said referencing the Holocaust.

More than 1,000 protesters gathered at the Idaho Statehouse Friday afternoon.

Scott said the Great Fire of 1910 - which killed 86 people - would have been an emergency worthy of the shut down order.

She added: 'You can't take away people's lives and property without compensation, and that's exactly what he would be doing. I mean, they are already calling him Little Hitler — Gov. Little Hitler.'
ETA:

Having watched the Covid 19 protests

I couldn't help but compare with the NHS applauding, every Thursday evening at 8.00 pm here

But also had to think, "is it wrong of me to hope some of those fuckwit protesters get covid-19?"
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Gob wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 am
I couldn't help but compare with the NHS applauding, every Thursday evening at 8.00 pm here

It's happening here in the U.S., too, at least in New York City and Chicago.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Even if you think that these protestors are heroes, how absolutely fucking thick do you have to be to make the Rosa Parks comparison?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-sa ... 10129.html
Trump Boasts He Likely Saved 'Billions' Of Lives In A Nation With 330 Million People
Mary Papenfuss
HuffPostApril 19, 2020, 1:57 AM EDT
President Donald Trump busted his boastful exaggeration record Saturday when he claimed he likely saved “billions” of lives with his measures against COVID-19. The entire population of the U.S. is just 330 million.

Trump had claimed Monday that he saved “tens of thousands” or possibly “hundreds of thousands” of lives because in late January he restricted foreign nationals from entering the country if they’d been in China the previous two weeks. The restrictions did not apply to Americans, however, allowing a conduit for the disease to enter the U.S.

Trump made his outlandish “billions” claim at his press briefing Saturday. Based on some models, the COVID-19 death toll in the U.S. was predicted to reach 100,000 to 220,000, he noted. “I really believe it could have been billions of people [who died] had we not done what we did,” he added. “We made a lot of good decisions.”

Aaron Rupar

@atrupar
· Apr 18, 2020
Replying to @atrupar
"You talk about, potentially, lives like no one has seen since 1917" -- Trump still hasn't figured out that the 1918 flu pandemic didn't happen in 1917
Embedded video

Aaron Rupar

@atrupar
"It could have been billions of people if we had not done what we did" -- Trump absurdly claims that his move to restrict travel from China saved a billion or more lives
Embedded video

6:00 PM - Apr 18, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,284 people are talking about this

There are 8 billion people in the world, so it’s possible Trump was taking credit for saving an extraordinary number of lives around the world for some unknown reason. The U.S. has nearly a third of the 2.3 million COVID-19 cases around the globe — the highest number in the world — but only 4.2% of the Earth’s population. The U.S. also has the highest number of deaths — over 36,000 — of any country. So whatever measures the nation is taking don’t appear to be particularly successful.

Trump, however, declared Saturday that the U.S. has “produced dramatically better health outcomes than any other country with the possible exception of Germany.”

It’s uncertain how many people will ultimately die of COVID-19. But several experts have said that Trump’s months of inaction, with a lack of testing, disease contact isolation and early social distancing measures, likely cost countless lives in America.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... nr-vpx.cnn

Anderson Cooper interviews the mayor of Las Vegas, who wants to open up the city ASAP. Must be seen to be believed.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I saw that interview live...

My eyebrows are still aching...what a frickin' lunatic... :loon :loon :loon
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Hydroxychloroquine for everyone.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I see from Wikipedia that LV Mayor Carolyn Goodman won the 2019 election with 83% of the votes. Her opponent, Phil Collins, (Yes, yes, I know but I don't think so. He should have stuck with the drumming. Just saying.) was running on a Prohibition platform. I'm guessing that Prohibition isn't really that popular in Vegas.

Her vote total was 22,000. So just shy of 27,000 turned out to vote. Now I can't find a number for the electorate of LV but the population is 648,224 (city) or 2,227,053 (metropolitan area). I'm guessing that the electorate should be around half the population (subtracting out criminals, foreigners, young people, disenfranchised Democrats etc) but however it's calculated that is a tiny tiny portion of the electorate voted for this person.

If there is one good outcome from this whole COV thing, it might be that people take voting far more seriously at all levels.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Now Trump wants to try injecting people with disinfectant:

But Darren and the village idiot will still vote for him.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He is so fucking dumb it is fucking painful.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

You really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by RayThom »

I think the Big Grifter is calling this disinfectant drug Lysolchloroquine.

It's probably just as effective as that other shit he's been touting.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Insane and idiotic. Pretty sure I have read that the amount of UV light needed to kill the virus would burn the skin or damage organs. Otherwise, why wouldn’t we just disinfect everything by putting it all out in the sunshine?
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Lara Trump Says Biden Should Open All Files to Prove He’s Innocent of Sexual Assault Charges, Neglects to Demand Her Father-In-Law Do the Same

Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law Lara appeared on FOX News’ Justice with Judge Jeanine on Saturday to discuss the sexual assault charges against Joe Biden.

Ignoring the 25 sexual misconduct charges by various women against her father-in-law, Lara Trump told Judge Jeanine: “I would think if you were being accused of something and you were totally innocent you would go to any length possible, Judge, to try and clear your name including allowing people to open up files like that and make sure you’ve turned over every single leaf to prove your innocence!”

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Except maybe, you know, the getting assassinated thing.
Trump Says He’s Been Treated ‘Worse’ Than Lincoln

In a prolonged, televised Q&A with Fox News Sunday night at the Lincoln Memorial, President Trump criticized the “hostile press” before pointing up at the memorial and saying that he has been treated “worse” as president than Abraham Lincoln was.

Trump’s statement was in response to a submitted video question from a Fox News viewer about why he uses harsh rhetoric when dealing with the press corps.

“They always said, ‘No one got treated worse than Lincoln,’” Trump said, while pointing up to Lincoln’s statue, “I believe I am treated worse.”

Trump has sparred with the White House press corps during his long, controversial daily press briefings during the course of the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump has often used the televised briefings to air his grievances and respond to criticism over his administration’s response to the pandemic.

On Sunday, Trump called the reporters’ questions during the press briefings “disgraceful,” without specifying which journalists he was talking about.

The president added that if he was “kind” to the press he would be “walked off the stage” and went on to say that “94% to 95%” of the press is “hostile.”

During the Q&A, Trump also said that he believes there will be a vaccine by the end of the year: “I think we'll have a vaccine by the end of the year,” Trump told the moderators, before adding he was “very confident” with the prediction. “We’ll have a vaccine much sooner rather than later.”

Experts maintain it could take 12 to 18 months for a vaccine to be developed.

Experts maintain it could take 12 to 18 months for a vaccine to be developed.

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:15 pm
During the Q&A, Trump also said that he believes there will be a vaccine by the end of the year: “I think we'll have a vaccine by the end of the year,” Trump told the moderators, before adding he was “very confident” with the prediction. “We’ll have a vaccine much sooner rather than later.”
He believes it, so that makes it so, huh?  And what do we do when he tells us he also believes in UFOs, unicorns, and the Tooth Fairy?

As for myself, * I * believe that he is a moronic dolt and dunderhead who has displayed in ways far too numerous to list that he is unqualified to hold any public position except for maybe street sweeper, cleaning up after the mounted police in NYC.  So I guess that makes it so too?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

The POS-i-c has an advantage over you and I when any of the three of us express our beliefs.

You or I have to be prepared to defend them. The POS-i-c just says Fake News! I never said that.

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

SEE IT: Kentucky woman cuts hole in mask to make it ‘easier to breathe’

A Kentucky woman was caught on video shopping with a hole cut in the middle of her protective mask which she claimed made it “easier to breathe.”

In the video, Joe Samaan, a gas station clerk at S J Food Mart in Lexington, sees a woman entering the shop with a torn mask.

“Where did you get that mask from?” he asks the woman when she approaches the counter to pay for gas.

“Well, since we have to wear them and it makes it hard to breathe, this makes it a lot easier to breathe,” she replies.

“Cutting it?" the clerk replies. "Yeah, I’ll do that too, thanks for the advice.”

The woman then leaves the store.

The video, which the uploader titled “Karen Mask,” has already received more than 800,000 likes and nearly 9,000 comments on TikTok.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that masks should cover the mouth and nose completely.

Kentucky’s number of coronavirus cases is now at least 5,130 after rising by 253 this weekend, according to Gov. Andy Beshear.

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

If she voted in 2016 I have a strong suspicion who she voted for.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

...and the real reason for the hole in the mask
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts