You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by wesw »

Kanye west, joe.

now you are freaking me out joe.

"why do you ask, Busted Rubber?"

I can t believe that that joke is on the west coast too.

my dad told me that one when I was a kid.....

maybe you are me.

I m way more injun than lizzy borden anyway.

I still haven t built a boat tho...., not yet.....

no more big trees to make a real canoe.....

my son s friend found an axe on chapel hill in Plymouth MA...., that was the closest to building a boat that I ever came.

it still had the soot on it from making the dugouts...., cool stuff, man....

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

In latest flight of imagination, Trump says Californians are ‘rioting’ over ‘sanctuary cities’

This is...not true.

At a campaign event in support of incumbent Senator Dean Heller (R-NV), President Donald Trump said Californians were “rioting” in opposition against “sanctuary cities” — the term given to municipalities that fail to cooperate with federal immigration investigations and deportations.

They are not.

Trump’s comments came as he criticized Heller’s opponent in the upcoming midterm election, Rep. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) who in June of 2017 voted against the No Sanctuary For Criminals Act, which seeks to deprive such “sanctuary” jurisdictions of federal monies as punishment for their non-compliance.
TRUMP: Jacky votes against the people of Nevada every chance she gets. She voted no tax cuts, no on better health care, no on border security, and Jacky voted in favor of deadly sanctuary cities. I don’t think we like sanctuary cities up here. By the way a lot of people in California don’t want them either. They’re rioting now.
As the Nevada Independent reported in August, sanctuary cities have become a hot button issue in the Silver State’s electoral politics. And Trump is correct that the issue has been the source of conflict among Californians as well. In April 2018, the San Jose Mercury News’ Tatiana Sanchez reported that a city council vote in Los Alamitos touched off a “wave of dissent” on the issue — one that Trump noticed. Per Sanchez:

At least 14 Southern California cities and two counties have passed ordinances, and in some cases filed lawsuits, against the state’s controversial sanctuary laws that largely prohibit local and state authorities from cooperating with federal immigration officers.

“There is a Revolution going on in California,” President Trump tweeted last week, as part of almost a solid week of taunting Gov. Jerry Brown over his plans to restrict the state’s National Guard troops from enforcing federal immigration law at the border.

Most of this resistance to sanctuary cities was limited to Orange County, California, traditionally a conservative redoubt, but one that voted for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump in 2016.

The April story in the Mercury News carried the headline, “California cities are rebelling against state sanctuary law, but how far can they go?” and discussed such matters as “revolt” and “resistance.” Nevertheless, there have been no riots in California over this issue, then or now.
https://thinkprogress.org/donald-trump- ... 3ede29a23/

As someone who is both a California resident and an opponent of "sanctuary cities", I'd like to assure everyone here that I have absolutely no plans to throw any bricks through windows, set any cars on fire, or loot any liquor stores...

Nor do I know anyone harboring such intentions...

(Hell, nobody's even rioting in Oakland, and they're always up for a good riot in Oakland...)
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

A powerful allegory for the entire Trump base.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Are you sure that's not a pipe bomb?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

No, he's just happy to see you.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

OK, so
1) who is he, and
2) what is he REALLY doing??
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

1) Gavin McInnes, co-founder of Vice Magazine and, more recently, founder of the alt-right group Proud Boys.
2) He is either inserting a dildo (or possibly a butt plug) into or removing one from his ass.
3) Gawd only knows why...

(He seems to have made a career out of Behaving Outrageously; possibly that's the only reason he's doing what he's doing, though given his current political views it's entirely plausible that the caption is correct.)
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I heard he went to the doctor today--when the doc said, "I think I can get that out" he said, "no, could you just change the batteries?"

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

LJ, I wonder about your objections to 'Sanctuary Cities" Seems to me any good federalist, or supporter of smaller government, would support this sancturary cities effort. It is not what has been portrayed by POTUS of Fox News. It is a very real case of follow the money.

Sanctuary Cities are a local refusal to act to enforce federal laws without any compensation from the federal government. Why should I support use of my local jails to feed, house, provide medical services for individuals who have broken no local law?

snailgate

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Fox News Commentator Says Migrants Are Carrying Smallpox, a Disease Eradicated in 1980

‘They’re coming in with diseases such as smallpox and leprosy and TB [tuberculosis] that are going to infect our people in the United States.’

As immigration opponents continue to froth over the caravan making its way from Central America toward the United States, some are floating the idea that asylum-seekers will bring disease with them—including one that was wiped out nearly 40 years ago.

The right-wing magazine The New American ran a story over the weekend headlined: “Will Migrant Caravan Kill Your Child—With Disease?”

“What about diseases?” Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade asked Monday. Later, Fox News contributor Sidney Powell suggested that the current outbreak of acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) affecting children was because of migrants—prompting host Lou Dobbs to correct her on air.

And former immigration agent David Ward, also appearing on Fox, cited a disease that doesn't actually exist anymore.

“We have these individuals coming in from all over the world that have some of the most extreme medical care in the world,” Ward said. “And they're coming in with diseases such as smallpox and leprosy and TB [tuberculosis] that are going to infect our people in the United States.”

It's next to impossible for the migrants to have smallpox, the last known case of which was seen in Somalia in 1977. The uncurable disease, characterized by painful pustules that erupt on skin and internal organs, was declared eradicated in 1980 after an aggressive worldwide vaccination campaign. The only remains of it (as far as public health officials are aware) are in Russia and an undisclosed U.S. lab controlled by the Centers for Disease Control.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... ed-in-1980
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Claims Donald Trump Won the Popular Vote by ‘Overwhelming Majority,’ When He Lost by Millions of Votes

In her impassioned defense of the president, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders falsely claimed Monday that Donald Trump won the “overwhelming majority: of votes in the 2016 election. In reality, Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by almost three million votes.

Giving her first briefing in weeks, Sanders claimed that the president bore no responsibility for a wave of violence over the past week across the United States. A climate of divisiveness has been blamed for bombs mailed to more than a dozen of Trump’s political opponents and critics and a mass shooting in a Pittsburgh synagogue.

While insisting that the president’s words, which have at times involved personal attacks and conspiracy theories leveled at his opponents and encouraging and celebrating violence at his rallies, had no role to play in the violence, Sanders did not have the same message for the media.

“You guys have a huge responsibility to play in the divisive nature of this country, when 90 percent of the coverage of everything this president does is negative despite the fact that the country is going extremely well, despite the fact that this president is delivering on exactly what he said he was going to do if elected. And he was elected by the overwhelming majority of 63 million Americans who came out and supported him and wanted to see his policies enacted,” Sanders said, incorrectly.

“He’s delivered on that,” she continued. “He's delivered on the promises he's made and if anything I think it’s sad and divisive the way that every single thing that comes out of the media, 90 percent of what comes out of the media’s mouth is negative about this president.”

Sanders concluded by saying that the "president has been delivering day-in and day-out" and implored the media to cover those successes. She then abruptly called the briefing to a halt.
https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-huackabe ... te-1192395
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lord Jim wrote:
Sanders concluded by saying that the "president has been delivering day-in and day-out" and implored the media to cover those successes. She then abruptly called the briefing to a halt.
https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-huackabe ... te-1192395
He's been delivering something day in and day out —  but I don't think that's what she was talking about....
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Looks like wes has a brother in Washington state:
“Biblical Basis for War”: Washington politician’s manifesto suggests supporters of abortion and gay marriage be killed

A Washington state politician has suggested in a manifesto that all men who support abortion and gay marriage be killed, among other extreme religious views.

Washington state Rep. Matt Shea admitted Wednesday that he wrote and distributed the four-page document, called the “Biblical Basis for War,” which includes 14 sections on how biblical war can and would unfold. Shea, a Republican who represents Spokane in the state’s House, is up for re-election in the midterms next week. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The document asserts that all men must oppose abortion, gay marriage, communism, and occultism when Biblical war begins. Otherwise, they will be murdered.

“If they do not yield — kill all males,” the document reads.

Section 5 of the manifesto asserts that during war, “numbers are inconsequential” and “God is with us, and the Battle is His.” Section 6 mentions circumcision and that the Biblical army may make sacrifices to achieve its goals. Section 11 includes a detailed organizational structure for the Biblical army, with the highest rank of “Battalion Commander.”

Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich has turned the manifesto over to the FBI.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

If they do not yield — kill all males
A common biblical theme, from Passover to Herod's slaughter of all males under 2. Gives a new meaning to Onward Christian Soldiers.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

That it forms part of writings purported to be the word of God is bad enough. To advocate applying it literally in this day and age...the sheriff was right to inform the FBI, the guy is a clear and present danger to the safety of others.

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Scooter--whether "the guy is a clear and present danger to the safety of others" deserves to be investigated. He may be a self important loon, or he may really be pulling together a force of Christian jihadists to take back the US for white Christian men (note, the more men who are killed, the more women that will be left for the "jihadist" warriors). My guess is that he's just some loser whose parents didn't hug him enough and who was routinely picked on at school, but it clearly is worth looking into.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

The scary thing is he already has been elected and is therefore making policy toward those ends. Unless he’s working on “apocalypse fiction” and can articulately describe how he really doesn’t believe that shit he is already a danger
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Well CP, I don't know much about him, but he is a state assemblyman; my guess is he is likely from a rural area full of similar minded people. I doubt that he holds much sway in the assembly or the sheriff would not have openly taken him on (and I would imagine his colleagues would be lining up to support him, which doesn't seem to have happened). I guess I could google him to find out if there I any broad support for him, but I have noether the time nor the interest.

Again, I think he is worth investigating, but it may just be the blathering of a Walter Mitty type guy who can't control himself and not a call to imminent violence. But we shall see.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

TWO Outs ‘Ex-Gay’ Therapist Who Claims to Cure Gays, Yet Solicits Sex on Manhunt, a Gay Dating App

WASHINGTON — Norman Goldwasser, by day, is an Orthodox Jewish therapist at Horizon Psychological Services who compares homosexuality to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and misleads clients by claiming that their sexual orientation can be changed with his special brand of quack therapy, which is rejected by every respected medical and mental health association. By night, an undercover investigation by Truth Wins Out has found, he solicits sexual partners on Manhunt, a gay dating App, using the profile “Hotnhairy72.” During our operation, Goldwasser, going by the pseudonym “Dave”, offered to meet for sex with our operative, “Brandon,” at a Fort Lauderdale motel room. Goldwasser also had a profile on Bear Nation by the same name.

This latest scandal comes as the new movie Boy Erased (Starring Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman, and Russell Crowe) has brought a renewed spotlight to the issue of the harm caused by “ex-gay” programs.

“Norman Goldwasser’s double life of unconscionable lies highlights the rank hypocrisy and predatory nature of the fraudulent ‘ex-gay’ industry,” said Truth Wins Out Executive Director Wayne Besen. “We urge every state to ban the scourge of conversion therapy that attacks the mental health of LGBT youth and puts them in harms way.” Besen is the author of Anything But Straight: Unmasking the Scandals and Lies Behind the Ex-Gay Myth.

According to the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) Born Perfect Campaign, 14 states and the District of Colombia have laws that prohibit conversion therapy for minors. Unfortunately, there is a loophole for religious groups to abuse minors with their companion “pray away the gay” programs.

Truth Wins Out does not engage in the outing of people participating in ex-gay programs unless there is overwhelming hypocrisy, exchange of commerce, and the threat of harm to LGBT youth. The Goldwasser outing passes all three tests.

“Goldwasser can’t claim his personal life is none of our business when trying to ‘cure’ LGBT people is his business,” said Besen. “Here is a case where a charlatan is committing consumer fraud by misleading clients and adversely affecting their mental health. We are particularly concerned when Goldwassser’s scam preys on young people susceptible to his charade.”

Linked to the disgraced and now defunct Jewish “ex-gay” organization, Jews Offering New Alternatives to Homosexuality (JONAH), Goldwasser is controversial, once having a speaking appearance cancelled in Australia after people learned of his intolerant views. He is a signatory of the deeply homophobic “Declaration of the Torah Approach to Homosexuality,” which proclaims that recent acceptance of LGBT people is due to public relations efforts. According to the Declaration: “A propaganda blitz has been sweeping the world using political tactics to persuade the public about the legitimacy of homosexuality.”

A star of the conversion therapy movement, Goldwasser co-wrote a paper in 2006 with notorious conversion therapy proponent David Matheson, “Holistic Therapy: A Comprehensive, Clinical Approach to the Treatment of SSA.” The term SSA is used as shorthand in conversion therapy circles for “Same Sex Attraction.” The paper is gratuitously anti-gay and extremely offensive, habitually confusing crass stereotypes with actual science. In one section, homosexuality, which is not a mental health disorder or disease, is casually pathologized and compared to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:
“Individuality/Uniqueness – Each person has his/her own unique individuality – there are no two person who are exactly alike. Two people with SSA can be completely different in every other aspect of their lives and psychological makeup and cannot be grouped solely based on their common challenge. Similarly, OCD can manifest itself in countless different variations, subtypes, and combinations. Describing a group of individuals only in terms of OCD compromises and distorts the comprehensive and accurate clinical picture of each individual.”
Goldwasser has also funneled clients into the predatory and ineffective Journey into Manhood (JIM) program, where gay men are taken into the woods to participate in what are considered “manly” activities to change their sexual orientation from gay to heterosexual. They are also falsely diagnosed as having become gay because of poor parental relationships or not participating in sports. The program is controversial, because some who have attended JIM say the program includes bizarre and inappropriate cuddling sessions. The fact that Goldwasser was caught on Manhunt, highlights why Truth Wins Out has frequently referred to the JIM program as “Journey into Manhunt.”

In a 2015 talk delivered by Goldwasser in Israel, he falsely conflated homosexuality and sexual abuse, and joked with the audience about a client who lived on gay-friendly Miami Beach saying, “…do you know what South Beach is? Do you know what the connotation of South Beach is?”

Founded in 2006, Truth Wins Out is a nonprofit think tank and advocacy organization that fights against right wing extremism and anti-LGBT prejudice and discrimination.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This is an older story that I never saw before - I'm sure these folks are all Trump supporters!
Texas hunters who accidentally shot each other blamed undocumented immigrants, police reveal
Investigators think paranoia about 'illegals' led the group to mistakenly open fire on each other

Charlotte England @charlottengland
Tuesday 21 February 2017 16:50

A hunting guide and his client accidentally shot each other and then blamed it on undocumented migrants, police in the US have said.

Officers attended the scene at a remote south Texas ranch, near to the Mexico border, in early January, finding the two men bleeding from gunshot wounds. A second guide was involved in the incident, but escaped without injury.

The casualties, guide Walker Daughtery, 26, and client Edwin Roberts, 59, and the other guide, Michael Bryant, told police they suspected the shooters were undocumented immigrants they had seen on the ranch earlier in their trip.

After the alleged attack, a family friend setup a GoFundMe page stating that Mr Daughtery (pictured above with his fiancé) and his group were involved in a shoot-out with some illegal immigrants that were trying to steal his RV (Go Fund Me)

Their story was shared thousands of times online after Texas Commissioner of Agriculture and Donald Trump ally Sid Miller wrote about it on Facebook.

But police and a grand jury have now concluded the men were lying about the incident, and actually shot each other.

Investigators believe that Mr Daughtery became paranoid that illegal immigrants were inside a vehicle with Mr Roberts and his wife and attempted to get inside without saying anything, prompting Mr Roberts to shoot at the door.

Mr Daughtery then ran back to his cabin to grab his gun and to get backup from Mr Bryant, and together they opened fire on the truck.

Mr Daughtery and Mr Roberts were both struck by bullets, to the chest and to the arm respectively. It is believed that Mr Daughtery shot Mr Roberts, his client, and Mr Bryant shot Mr Daughtery, his colleague.

Police told news channel CBS 7 they are conducting ballistic testing to determine which guns fired which bullets, but they cannot test the bullet that struck Mr Daughtery as it is too close to his heart to be safely removed.

Mr Daughtery and Mr Bryant have both been indicted on third-degree felony charges, punishable by up to five years in prison.

After the alleged attack, a family friend setup a GoFundMe page stating that Mr Daughtery and his group were involved in a shoot-out with some illegal immigrants that were trying to steal his RV with his clients still inside it.

The appeal, to help pay for Mr Daughtery's medical bills as he is uninsured, raised over $26,000 (more than £20,000) before it was shut down.

Mr Daughtery's fiancée, who was at the ranch on the night of the shooting, told CBS 7 she could not comment on the case until it was completed, but said the couple had had multiple encounters with undocumented immigrants in the past month. She claimed they had had hundreds of dollars'-worth of supplies stolen by them from the ranch.

Although the area is well known for undocumented migrants from Mexico crossing over the border, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said he had never seen violence like the alleged incident before. He said he was sceptical of the story from the beginning, and suggested the hunters were paranoid.

He told CBS 7: “I mean border patrol are experts in tracking in this area, we trust what they say because that’s all they do on a daily basis, and they didn’t find no sign, no indication that there was anybody in or out of that area that night.

“By the looks of it right now, we believe that during the shooting, with all the commotion and confusion going on, we believe that Michael shot Walker and Walker had shot Edwin,” Mr Dominguez added.

Mr Dominguez added that it took emergency services nearly two hours to arrive at the remote ranch, but fortunately one of the men’s wives was a nurse and was able to keep both men from bleeding out.

He said he wants ranchers and residents in the area to know they have nothing to fear at this time "regarding any violence from across the border".

Mr Miller, who became infamous in the US during last year’s election campaign when he called Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton a "c***" in a Tweet, deleted his initial Facebook post about the incident after police said they were suspicious of the hunters’ story.

Mr Miller’s initial post included two pictures of Mr Daugherty, one of which showed him in his hospital bed.

“The aliens were ambushing the RV that Walker and his wife. He was shot while trying to protect his hunters from the attack. Walker is a man of God and is now a hero,” Mr Miller wrote.

“This is why we need the wall and to secure our borders,” he added, in the post.

In addition to criticising the commissioner for spreading "fake news" people commenting on social media and local news outlets declared it ironic that it was actually paranoia about border security, not a lack of border security, that appears to have landed the two men in hospital.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan