You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I have other concerns lately and have not been around here very much. But I am highly disturbed by recent events surrounding our POTUS. Has god abandoned us?

Recently I seem to remember that an authority on such things declared that our wise and all-knowing POTUS is actually the second coming of the son of the prime cause. AMEn and AMEN !

But the first person to have this job was noted for his ability to calm the storm. Our POTUS, perhaps with understanding of the sinful nature of this blessed-by-god nation, has repeatedly announced that he is sending the storm to punish Alabama (perhaps for removing the ten commandments from its halls of justice). Repeatedly, with carefully prepared graphics (so cruelly parodied above) indicating just where the storm must go.

Yet the storm has not obeyed. Yea, verily I am much disturbed. Has our POTUS, the chosen, anointed one of god, been abandoned by his heavenly father?

snailgate.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Just as Trump predicted, Hurricane Sharpie slammed into Alabama...

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

(I thought I had seen this posted in this thread earlier today, but it seems to be gone now ... so here it is again)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

BWAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Trump Spiritual Adviser Paula White Claims She Made White House ‘Holy Ground’

Hubris for Jesus: President Trump’s spiritual adviser, Pastor Paula White, claims the White House is “holy ground” because, according to the Trump-loving televangelist, wherever she stands is “holy.”

Pastor White, preaching at The River Church in Tampa, Florida, last month, declared that God made the White House “holy ground” because wherever she goes, God goes with her.

The arrogant and profoundly deluded White proclaimed:
The church is Christ’s body in which he speaks and acts and by which he fills everything, including the White House, including government halls.
White continued:
How does he do that? He does that through you. He does that through me. Wherever I go, God rules. When I walk on White House grounds, God walks on White House grounds. When I walked in The River, God walked in The River. When I go in to the dry cleaners, that dry cleaning place becomes holy. I have every right and authority to declare the White House as holy ground because I was standing there and where I stand is holy.
In other words, White believes that everywhere she goes is “holy ground” because God is with her, and she has the power to make the White House “holy ground” simply by her presence.

The stupid, it burns.

Reporting on the story, Raw Story explains some of Pastor White’s unsavory backstory, noting:
White was outed for a scam in which she sold resurrection stones that would give the buyer everlasting life. She also has been accused of stealing from her own collection plate by a fellow pastor.
White, like her friend Trump, is a con artist preying on the gullible and the ignorant. Last month White made the equally absurd claim that “demonic networks” have aligned themselves against the President’s reelection campaign.

Previously Pastor White claimed that Christians will take over the U.S., and that any opposition to Trump is opposition to God.

And last year White made headlines after telling her followers that if they did not give her money they would suffer the “consequences” for failing to obey God’s command.

Pastor White has been a big Trump supporter and his main spiritual adviser from the beginning of Trump’s quest for political power. In fact, she was a featured speaker at the presidential inauguration.

Bottom line: President Trump’s spiritual adviser, Pastor Paula White, claims that the White House is “holy ground” because she has “every right and authority to declare the White House as holy ground” because she was standing there and where she stands is “holy.”
eta - just to add to how absurd this is, for those who are not familiar with the hymn "Holy Ground", in the bolded sentence she has plagiarized a line from it word for word and substituted herself for God. For those who believe blasphemy is a thing, it doesn't get any worse than this.
Last edited by Scooter on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Author unknown

RayThom

You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by RayThom »

Oh, for Christ's sake. Who falls for this shit?

If I were God, I'd smite this POS preacher down.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:Image
Did anyone else notice how Greenland looks like Trump's head?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And still more on Sharpiegate. Scientists having their jobs threatened if they don't lie about the weather in order to cover the President's ass for the porkers he has told:
Commerce Chief Threatened Firings at NOAA After Trump’s Dorian Tweets, Sources Say

WASHINGTON — The Secretary of Commerce threatened to fire top employees at NOAA on Friday after the agency’s Birmingham office contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian might hit Alabama, according to three people familiar with the discussion.

That threat led to an unusual, unsigned statement later that Friday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration disavowing the office’s own position that Alabama was not at risk. The reversal caused widespread anger within the agency and drew criticism from the scientific community that NOAA, a division of the Commerce Department, had been bent to political purposes.

Officials at the White House and the Commerce Department declined to comment on administration involvement in the NOAA statement.

The actions by the Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur L. Ross Jr., are the latest developments in a political imbroglio that began more than a week ago, when Dorian was bearing down on the Bahamas and Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter that Alabama would be hit “harder than anticipated.” A few minutes later, the National Weather Service in Birmingham, Ala., posted on Twitter that “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane Dorian will be felt across Alabama.”

Mr. Trump persisted in saying that Alabama was at risk and a few days later, on Sept. 4, he displayed a NOAA map that appeared to have been altered with a black Sharpie to include Alabama in the area potentially affected by Dorian.

Mr. Ross, the commerce secretary, intervened two days later, early last Friday, according to the three people familiar with his actions. Mr. Ross phoned Neil Jacobs, the acting administrator of NOAA, from Greece where the secretary was traveling for meetings and instructed Dr. Jacobs to fix the agency’s perceived contradiction of the president.

Dr. Jacobs objected to the demand and was told that the political staff at NOAA would be fired if the situation was not fixed
, according to the three individuals, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the episode. Unlike career government employees, political staff are appointed by the administration. They usually include a handful of top officials, such as Dr. Jacobs, and their aides.

However, a senior administration official who asked not to be identified when discussing internal deliberations said that the Birmingham office had been wrong and that NOAA had simply done the responsible thing and corrected the record.

That official suggested the Twitter post by the Birmingham forecasters had been motivated by a desire to embarrass the president more than concern for the safety of people in Alabama. The official provided no evidence to support that conclusion.

On Monday, Craig N. McLean, NOAA’s acting chief scientist, sent an email to staff members notifying the agency that he was looking into “potential violations” in the agency’s decision to ultimately back Mr. Trump’s statements rather than those of its own scientists. He called the agency’s action “a danger to public health and safety.”

Dr. Jacobs is scheduled to speak Tuesday at a weather industry conference in Huntsville, Ala.

On Monday, the National Weather Service director, Louis W. Uccellini, got a standing ovation from conference attendees when he praised the work of the Birmingham office and said staff members there had acted “with one thing in mind, public safety” when they contradicted Mr. Trump’s claim that Alabama was at risk.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Well, I lost a couple of friends on 9/11, and had my own close encounter with Flight 93 as I have referred to in the past, but I would rather see the sides talking, then not talking. I agree the timing is bad, and the likelihood off anything worthwhile coming out of the talks while Trump is in the mix is pretty bad, but I would still want to see talks going forward than both sides to refuse to communicate, as it is definite that nothing good will result from that.
"
Face it, we need to end the fiasco in Afghanistan, unless we want to keep loading people into the meat grinder for no real reason other than we can't reach an acceptable end.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think there are a lot of ways to move talks forward (or make the motions of doing so*) without inviting them onto American soil, and doing so on/near the anniversary of 9/11.

* because with Trump it's all for show and will achieve nothing

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

There have been talks with the Taliban going on back to the Obama Administration, but this kind of top level Washington meeting is what you have when you've got an agreement ready to sign...

This was just a pure grandstanding stunt by Trump who apparently became convinced (thankfully) there was a better chance that it would wind up being a bad PR stunt than a good one for him...
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:I think there are a lot of ways to move talks forward (or make the motions of doing so*) without inviting them onto American soil, and doing so on/near the anniversary of 9/11.

* because with Trump it's all for show and will achieve nothing
When Roosevelt met with Stalin and Churchill, they did it on neutral ground in Yalta, and the general public didn't find out about it until after it was done.  Of course, back then governments could keep some things secret far better than we can now too; and Roosevelt wasn't like Trump and announcing his every movement — bowel or otherwise — on his Twitter feed.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?