You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Scooter »

Apparently they studied marksmanship under Dick Cheney.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

“The aliens were ambushing the RV
Apparently one of them actually got inside and made himself at home:

ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

In the impromptu (? Is anything impromptu with this president?) press event as he went to the helicopter for his trip to France, Trump made a comment that many leaders were now going to the WW1 ceremonies because he was going. I wish I had the actual words. If I find a transcript I will post it.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

POTUS is too busy to go to actual ceremonies at the USofA National WWI Memorial in Kansas City, Mo. Also too busy dealing with the invasion coming at our Southern Border to visit troops in actual harms way in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria.

snailgate.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Well we all know how much he likes French military parades. His own idea for a parade in Washington was squashed by the military and WDC officials on the fake news grounds that the roads would be chewed up by the tanks and besides, it would cost a bit. Also there would be too many sudden cases of bone spurs among the troops ordered to march. (I made that last bit up.)

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Plus, his dressers were constantly having to alter his military parade uniform due to his ever expanding 239 pounds.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I thought about a separate thread for this, but the title of this one is so apropos - you really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up:

FYI, this is what I want for Christmas! :lol: C'mon, it's only $40! (Probably because it's MADE IN CHINA!)

https://gettrumpybear.com/
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You really want that? I wouldn't even want to be in the same room as one.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Here you go... TRUMPY BARE
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Il Boobce let's us know what he's thankful for...

Surprise surprise, he's thankful for what a great President he's been:
Trump says he's thankful for making a 'tremendous difference in this country'

President Trump said Thursday that he is thankful "for having a great family and for having made a tremendous difference in this country."

Trump made the comment when asked by reporters what he is grateful for on Thanksgiving shortly after holding a phone call with troops overseas.

“I’ve made a tremendous difference in the country,” Trump said. “This country’s so much stronger than it was when I took office and you wouldn’t believe it.”

“I mean you see it, but [it's] so much stronger that people can’t even believe it,” Trump said. “When I see foreign leaders, ‘We cannot believe the difference in strength between the United States now and the United States two years ago.', they say” :loon

The country “made a lot of progress,” he added.

The president also used his appearance to heap praise on his acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who was appointed to the role earlier this month after Trump asked former Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign.

"Matt Whitaker is a highly respected person ... you know, once I choose somebody they always go through hell ... but Matt Whitaker is a highly respected man," Trump said. :loon :loon :loon

"The Justice Department respects him tremendously," :lol: he continued. "I've spoken to a lot of people and you know, the press has been nasty to Matt Whitaker, but I can tell you that he is a highly respected, strong person and he's doing a great job. Everybody tells me that. He's doing a really great job."
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ce-in-this
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

He's right you know. When he said "you wouldn't believe it" and "people can’t even believe it" I was right there with him....

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Apparently after Trump took the occasion of Thanksgiving to declare that what he is most thankful for is himself, he thought about it and decided, "Well, that's pretty low, but I believe I can go even lower"...
Trump politicizes Thanksgiving call with troops to attack migrants, judges

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump struck a nakedly political tone during a Thanksgiving call with US service members stationed around the world as he steered the conversation toward controversial political topics.

Speaking with a US general in Afghanistan, Trump likened the fight against terrorists to his efforts to prevent a group of migrants from illegally entering the United States, and he assailed federal judges who have ruled against his administration. The President also pressed the commanding officer of a Coast Guard ship in Bahrain on trade before touting his trade policies and arguing that "every nation in the world is taking advantage of us."

US Presidents have traditionally called troops stationed abroad during the holidays to boost morale and remind the country of their service, making Trump's rhetoric yet another striking break from the norms ofpresidential behavior basic decency. After the call wrapped, Trump entertained more than two dozen questions from reporters and once again discredited a CIA assessment about the killing of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

"This was, sadly, predictable and avoidable," said retired Rear Adm. John Kirby, a CNN military and diplomatic analyst. "The President's conduct on that call, the manner in which he politicized it, demonstrated an utter and complete disregard for what military service means."
More vomit inducing quotes here:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/22/politics ... index.html

So while other recent Presidents have spent Thanksgiving calling troops in the field to express thanks for their service and empathy for their sacrifices, or actually traveling to war zones to be with them and express their gratitude and respect in person, this cowardly piece of filth uses the day to thank himself and then exploits brave folks serving in the field as unwilling, captive props to try to score political points...

ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

No wonder Trump is always talking shit...

He get's his ideas from his intestines:
Donald Trump Says ‘My Gut Tells Me More Sometimes Than Anybody Else’s Brain Can Ever Tell Me’

President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday that he trusted his “gut” over the “brains” of experts, as he delivered his harshest rebuke yet of his Federal Reserve chairman.

Trump, speaking in an interview with The Washington Post, blamed declines in the stock market and General Motors’ announcement the previous day of shutting multiple plants and laying off more than 14,000 workers in North America on high interest rates. GM has cited fears of an economic downturn and Trump’s tariffs for the decision.

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed,” Trump said. “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”
More of our President's intestinal thinking:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-g ... ed-1234540
ImageImageImage

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Well his gut certainly knows more than his pea brain.

ETA: You have to love the part in the article where he says people like him have high levels of intelligence--in what universe does he even have a measurable level of intelligence above brain dead?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed,” Trump said. “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.

I can agree completely. Before somebody else can tell him anything, his brain must be prepared to accept new information. And it never is.

His gut is always ready for another Big Mac, with all the insight and wisdom contained therein.

snailgate.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Big RR wrote:Well his gut certainly knows more than his pea brain.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Soooo....

On a day when the President's announced bug-out from Syria causes his Secretary of Defense (one of the few respected senior figures left in his Administration) to quit, the unqualified stooge he installed as acting Attorney General is revealed to have overruled Justice Department ethics officials who told him he should recuse himself from the Russiagate investigation, the stock market dives to a 15 month low, and oh yeah, the government is about to shut down...

What does Donald Trump do? Why, tweet out a Green Acres theme song parody featuring himself of course; who wouldn't?
Trump Hypes Farm Bill With Old Clip Of Him Singing ‘Green Acres’ With Megan Mullally

The actress’ reaction to the 2005 video? “If you guys need me, I’ll be in the hole in the ground.”

Donald Trump just found a way to celebrate Throwback Thursday while hyping his new farm bill.

The president announced that he would be signing the bill on Thursday by tweeting a 2005 clip of himself singing “Green Acres” with Megan Mullally at the Emmy Awards that year.

Renegade Cowboy ⚓️ @Rene_gadeCowboy
Replying to @realDonaldTrump

How cool is this ...The president of the United States is acting out his insanity defense live on twitter
12:49 PM - Dec 20, 2018
More twitter reactions:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... af7a868e6e

The 25th Amendment...It's Not Just For Academic Discussions Anymore...
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Trump blames child border deaths on Democrats

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump on Saturday blamed Democrats for the high-profile deaths of two Guatemalan children this month while they were held in U.S. custody.

"Any deaths of children or others at the Border are strictly the fault of the Democrats and their pathetic immigration policies that allow people to make the long trek thinking they can enter our country illegally," Trump posted to Twitter on Saturday.

"If we had a Wall, they wouldn’t even try!" he added.

The president's comments come days after an 8-year-old boy from Guatemala died on Christmas Eve while in government custody, the second immigrant child to die in detention this month. A 7-year-old girl, also Guatemalan, died earlier in December in El Paso after being apprehended.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 440175002/

In a related story, Trump is now also blaming the Democrats for the illegal activities of the Trump Foundation, the scamming practices of Trump University, his four bankruptcies, and his affair with Stormy Daniels...
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Dear Mr. Trump:
Berlin had a Wall. They don't any more.
Why do you think that is?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Dear Mr. Trump:
In the 1930s France built a wall to keep Germans out.
Let me know if you'd like an update on how that turned out.
Yours truly,
André Maginot
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God