You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

RACISTS UPSET THAT SOME HISPANICS LOOK WHITE

Chris Evinger, Executive Director of Americans for a Pure America (APA)—an avowed White supremacist group—strode to a podium before a gaggle of reporters. He sported a crew cut, khaki pants, and white polo shirt. Evinger’s ruddy complexion turned progressively redder as he vented his animus and frustration.

“I gathered you today to discuss a topic that’s been bothering me and my brethren,” he began calmly enough. “As you know, we don’t hate spicks. We just want them to stay in their own spick countries and not pollute the purity of our race with their mongrel, half-jungle bunny, half-injun, half-God-knows-what bloodlines.”

The reporters shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

“Most of the time, it’s pretty easy to pick out spicks and kindly ask them to return to their piece of shit countries. But a bunch of them blend right in!” Evinger stabbed a finger in the air, growing more animated. “Some of them look Whiter than me!”

He gestured at his forearms.

“I was talking to this one guy—someone I thought was a fellow White brother—with blonde hair and green eyes. Outwardly typical Aryan stock.”

Evinger voice rose along with the flush in his face.

“But when I brought up the dilution of the White race, this guy up and tells me he’s Colombian!”

Evinger looked imploringly at the reporters.

“The man was a spick! They’re hiding in plain sight! Apparently, there’re a whole bunch of White-looking brownies walking around, and that makes our jobs very difficult.”

Angela Khan of Vox Media pursed her lips and met her colleagues’ side-eyes before asking the first question.

“What do you propose Hispanics do to make your job easier?”

Evinger scowled.

“They can’t just walk around passing for White, so they need to be easily distinguishable. Maybe by wearing some article of clothing or marker that lets real Americans know they don’t belong in this country.”

“So you want to remove all Hispanics from the U.S., despite their physical appearances?” inquired Anthony Ross of NPR.

“That’s right,” responded Evinger matter-of-factly. “Along with the coolies, camel jockeys, kikes, redskins, coons, fags, feminists, trannies, and White blood-traitors who turn their backs on their own race.”

An awkward silence descended on the room.

“You know,” offered Alejandro Puig of Univision. “There are some Hispanics who agree with your aims.”

Evinger was flabbergasted by this revelation.

“Are you serious?” he demanded.

“Absolutely,” replied Puig. “They feel no camaraderie at all with other minority groups.”

Evinger blinked a few times and shook his head in disbelief. “That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.”

“Does that change your view of White-presenting Hispanics?” asked Ross.

Evinger thought it over a few seconds.

“Not at all,” he declared. “We can use them to purge the other undesirables before booting them out the door last.”

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Darren, why are these atrocities still happening?

Our Racist-in-Chief is nearly out of office, yet there's always some white supremacist group complaining about this stuff.

You'll not have a country to call your own if these problems are not addressed soon.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Trump campaign demands CNN apologize for poll that shows Biden leading

Washington (CNN) -- President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker that contained numerous incorrect and misleading claims, was immediately rejected by the network.

"We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

he CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on Monday shows Trump trailing the former vice president by 14 points, 55%-41%, among registered voters. It also finds the President's approval rating at 38% -- his worst mark since January 2019, and roughly on par with approval ratings for one-term Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush at this point in their reelection years -- and his disapproval rating at 57%.

In the letter to Zucker, the Trump campaign argued that the CNN poll is "designed to mislead American voters through a biased questionnaire and skewed sampling."

"It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President," read the letter, signed by the Trump campaign's senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis and chief operating officer Michael Glassner.

The campaign formally requested that CNN retract the poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions."

David Vigilante, CNN's executive vice president and general counsel, told the campaign that its "allegations and demands are rejected in their entirety."

"To my knowledge, this is the first time in its 40-year history that CNN had been threatened with legal action because an American politician or campaign did not like CNN's polling results," Vigilante wrote in his response. "To the extent we have received legal threats from political leaders in the past, they have typically come from countries like Venezuela or other regimes where there is little or no respect for a free and independent media."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Everyone knows it's the vindictive "forth estate" and not the all kind and merciful administration.

Our Orange Mussolini strikes again.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm not able to read Trump's interview with WSJ because I don't have a subscription. But according to the Atlantic (I do have a sub to them):
(Trump attacked Bolton’s support for the war in Iraq, but told The Wall Street Journal he didn’t ascertain Bolton’s view—which was well known—until he was already on the job.)
You mean Trump appointed Bolton to be NSA but was not aware of his support for the Iraq adventure???!!! I know I have accused Trump of sitting under a rock but I had no idea that this must have been literally true. How could anyone alive - and say over the age of 35 now - let alone one of the smartest guys on the planter (I mistyped and that's what autocorrect gave me - I think I'll leave it) not know what Bolton thought of the Iraq attack? I was inclined not to believe that Trump did not know - for example - that Finland was NOT a part of Russia, or that the UK was a nuclear power: maybe Bolton had misunderstood something Trump had said. But this was Trump's own interview with WSJ which might be assumed to be reasonably friendly toward him.

And yes, you really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And in the "let me show you how much of a dumbass I am" category:
Woman yells ‘go back to where you came from’ to Native American protesters at Mount Rushmore

A group of Native American protesters blocked the road leading to Mount Rushmore this Friday before President Trump’s speech at the monument.

The road was blocked for three hours before the South Dakota National Guard entered the scene and faced off with protesters, firing close-range shells at their feet and spraying some with pepper spray, according to reports.

Protesters held signs reading “Protect SoDak’s First People,” “You Are On Stolen Land,” and “Dismantle White Supremacy,” according to the Associated Press.

In one video of the incident, a woman can be heard yelling towards the protesters, “Go back to where you came from!” — apparently not aware that Native Americans are indigenous to the U.S.

The Black Hills, where Mount Rushmore is located, is sacred and contested land for local Native Americans.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Those Native Americans should teepee that lady's house.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Only if they promise to stop using truck and SUV model names.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And just when you thought that U.S. politics couldn't get any more batshit crazy:
Kanye tweets he's running for president

The possibility of a future with President Kanye West and first lady Kim Kardashian inched closer to reality on Saturday as the rapper tweeted he is running for president, apparently this year.

In an Independence Day tweet, the 43-year-old musician and fashion designer said he is running for president and used the hashtag "2020 vision," appearing to indicate he plans to toss his hat in the ring for this fall's election.

"We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States!" West wrote.

SpaceX founder Elon Musk quickly replied: "You have my full support!"

West, who has repeatedly floated running for president in the past, had recently posted a photo of himself with Musk with the caption: "When you go to your boys house and you’re both wearing orange."

West has frequently supported President Trump and suggested in April that he was going to vote for him this fall.

"And we know who I’m voting on," West said. "And I’m not going to be told by the people around me and the people that have their agenda that my career is going to be over. Because guess what: I’m still here!"

West famously visited the Oval Office in October of 2018, sporting a red "Make America Great Again" hat and saying "I love this guy right here," while posing with Trump.

His wife, reality TV star Kim Kardashian, has also visited the White House as an activist pushing for criminal justice reform.

If West were to launch a bid, it would come late in the game, as the Republican and Democratic National Conventions, where each party will formally announce its respective candidates, are set for next month.

It's unclear if West seriously plans to run this year and whether any official paperwork for an election bid has been filed.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Is this his grand plan to fuck Biden on the black vote?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think it's more likely that he got on Twitter while drunk and/or high celebrating the 4th.

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Scooter wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:14 am
And just when you thought that U.S. politics couldn't get any more batshit crazy:
Kanye tweets he's running for president... It's unclear if West seriously plans to run this year and whether any official paperwork for an election bid has been filed.
I am against racial injustice, I consider myself anti-racist, and I support the BLM movement.

On the other hand, Kanye West for president? As part of the Kardashian clan I'm treating this disturbing news item as just another PR stunt to promote one of their products. I'm thinking West's new "Yeezy Gap" store in Chicago needs a little juice to get its engine started.

In the near future, if I see him descending down an escalator in one of his homes and announces a run for POTUS, I may start looking for housing in Canada. Putin would be giddy with excitement if he got his hands on this piece of highly moldable clay.

Stranger things.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

So let me see if I have this right, the U.S. issues a travel advisory for a country with a handful of COVID-19 cases, to which U.S. residents are currently forbidden to travel because they are labelled by almost every country in the world as potential plague carriers:
Covid 19 coronavirus: US Government issues New Zealand travel warning due to its '23 active cases'

The US Government has warned its citizens to be very cautious about travelling to New Zealand because of our "23 active cases" of Covid-19.

Despite the US recording more than 2 million [active] cases and 160,000 deaths, the government is advising against travelling to New Zealand.

According to the US government's travel advice website, it called for increased caution when travelling here.

It places New Zealand at Level 2 on its travel advisory system, which asks its citizens to "exercise increased caution in New Zealand due to Covid-19".

"As of August 7, 2020, New Zealand has had 1569 confirmed and probable cases of Covid-19 within its borders. Currently, there are 23 active cases in New Zealand," the post states.

The website, however, doesn't explain all 23 active cases are in managed isolation.

The US government has four travel advisory levels for overseas travel:
Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions.
Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution.
Level 3: Reconsider Travel.
Level 4: Do Not Travel.

However, New Zealanders need not worry about Americans entering the country given only New Zealand citizens or residents with valid travel conditions can currently enter.

The New Zealand Government's safe travel website says New Zealanders shouldn't travel to the US, and advises that New Zealanders "do not travel overseas at this time" because of Covid-19.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :loon
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Trump calls out New Zealand’s 'terrible' Covid surge, on day it records nine new cases

Donald Trump has called out New Zealand for its recent Covid-19 outbreak, saying the places the world hailed as a success story is now facing a “big surge” in cases.

“The places they were using to hold up now they’re having a big surge … they were holding up names of countries and now they’re saying ‘whoops!.

“Do you see what’s happening in New Zealand? They beat it, they beat it, it was like front-page news because they wanted to show me something,” the US president said at a campaign rally in Mankato, Minnesota.

“Big surge in New Zealand, you know it’s terrible, we don’t want that, but this is an invisible enemy that should never have been let to come to Europe and the rest of the world by China.”

On Monday Auckland recorded nine new cases of the virus, and 13 on Tuesday, while the US’s Monday figure was just under 42,000.

It is the first time Trump has mentioned New Zealand in a campaign speech. On Tuesday, prime minister Jacinda Ardern responded, saying there was “no comparison” between the situation in the US and her country.

New Zealand’s government has described the outbreak as contained and manageable, and has chosen not to place the country or even Auckland in full, level 4 lockdown. The outbreak is currently limited to a single cluster of related cases, which as of Tuesday numbered 69.

Overall 22 people have died from Covid-19 in New Zealand, compared with more than 170,000 in the US, the highest death toll in the world. It accounts for nearly 22% of deaths globally.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I came here to post exactly that piece from the Guardian - I thought well, I'd better see what Scooter has to say.

Un-fucking-believable.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Onion has become completely redundant.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Today Trump has pardoned Susan B Anthony. She wore her conviction (for voting in Rochester NY) as a badge of honor so the pardon is a little misdirected. (Except of course from Trump's perverted pov.)

It's not so long ago that Trump was wondering why no prior president, including all those Democratic ones, had not celebrated the centenary of the XIX amendment 'years ago'.