You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Scooter's post two up from here, about PUTUS reading a card on US/Canada wheat says it all to me. POTUS is completely unqualified for this job. I have no idea what Congress Critter Water's IQ is, but it has to be higher than POTUS.

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Scooter wrote:Image
Truth!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

REPUBLICAN HOUSE MEMBERS THINK A $450K SALARY IS MIDDLE CLASS

That's rich! Republicans suddenly believe that 1 percenters are barely struggling to be in the middle class, party officials revealed.

On Thursday, House Republicans issued a fact sheet about their new tax cut plan that referred to Americans earning $450,000 a year as “low- and middle-income”—even though that income level would put those taxpayers in the top 0.5 percent of all individual Americans.

The median household income in the United States is $59,039, after all.

The GOP made the announcement as part of the rollout of the tax cut plan, saying they would cut tax rates from 39.6 percent to 35 percent for those $450,000-earning middle-class members—but the announcement was quickly overshadowed by the Republicans' bizarre understanding of wealth.

"Did somebody make a mistake?" said AFL-CIO Policy Director Damon Silvers with a laugh when told of the income classifications by the GOP. "[Republicans] think that the income level of the top 1 percent is lower- and middle-class. This is a world where if you make less than $500,000, you don't exist."

There is no formal definition of the American middle class, but the Tax Policy Center puts its “middle quintile” between $48,300 and $85,600 a year.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

‘Approved by Donald Trump’: Asbestos sold by Russian company is branded with the president’s face

ImageImage

A Russian asbestos company that operates a giant mine in the Ural Mountains is marketing its wares with President Trump’s image, according to photos it posted on social media, citing former EPA administrator Scott Pruitt as well as Trump’s outspoken support for the carcinogen.

The company Uralasbest posted photos of the pallets adorned with a seal with Trump’s face in the center on its Facebook page in June.

“Approved by Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States,” the seal read, according to a translation supplied by the Environmental Working Group, a nonprofit focused on human health and the environment that flagged the posting.

Asbestos, a fibrous silicate mineral that was used widely in industrial and commercial purposes such as construction in the United States, has fallen out of favor in many applications after a large body of scientific evidence connecting exposure to serious health concerns. Its use is restricted in the United States, though it has never been outright banned, as it has been in at least 60 other countries.

But Trump has long expressed skepticism about its potential health effects after it is applied. In his 1997 book, “The Art of the Comeback,” he wrote that he believed that anti-asbestos efforts were “led by the mob.” In 2012, he tweeted that the World Trade Center would not have burned down had asbestos, which is known for fire-resistant properties, not been removed from the towers.

The asbestos company focused on this supportive stance in a post accompanying the pictures.

“Donald is on our side!” the company posted in a caption for the photos, which also cited Pruitt.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

In a related story, the controversial material has been renamed "Ass-bestos"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I wonder how much the Russian company is paying Trump for the endorsement.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I think it's the same rate that he's getting for his DDT endorsement...
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

There is a rally planned in Charlottesville to commemorate Heather Heyer, who died there a year ago.

To quote the Daily Mail:
No paintball guns, no skateboards, no bats, sticks or clubs. And don’t even think about bringing bear spray or flying a drone into the center of Charlottesville this weekend.

But while those items — and many more — are banned from the on-edge Virginia city as it marks the anniversary of last year’s deadly Unite the Right rally, there is nothing to stop anyone bringing in an actual gun, even an AR-15, the weapon of choice for mass killers throughout the United States.

‘Under Virginia law we cannot regulate firearms,’ city spokesman Brian Wheeler told DailyMail.com.

. . .

‘Lengths of lumber or wood’ are among the items included on the banned list — without specifically saying how long a length is. ‘Metal beverage or food cans or containers’ are also forbidden, as are glass bottles.'
So if I were to attend with a sign which said something like "Please be nice to each other" I would be defying the ban if the sign were attached to a piece of wood. But if I attached it to a loaded AR-15, that would be OK.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yup!

Welcome to ‘Murica!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Cost of the military parade is now up to $92 million.

Trump must have found himself at a urinal next to Kim Jong Un and discovered that his own dick is even smaller than a Korean's.

-- Author unknown

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Scooter wrote:Cost of the military parade is now up to $92 million.
We have $92 million to spend on a pointless parade satisfying Trump's whim but Flint still doesn't have clean drinking water. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!!!???.

This is disgraceful.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Imagine if that $92 million were used to help veterans, particularly those homeless and with disabilities, but the il douchebag demands his tribute, and to hell with them.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I think he should pay for the parade himself...

Afterall, he's really rich...
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

He's hoping to pay for it from the savings of pay raises foregone by those soldiers too "patriotic" to accept them

-- Author unknown

rubato

Post by rubato »

Trump needs to design a new presidential uniform. Something with epaulettes and lots of shiny shit.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by RayThom »

This might work for Il Douche.

Pentagon says Trump's military parade postponed until 2019 amid reports costs jumped 666%
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 011519002/

"666" -- how appropriate.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Here's what those America hating pinkos at the American Legion had to say about trump's parade...

(From Ray's article)
The American Legion said in a statement Thursday that the organization appreciates Trump's desire to "show in a dramatic fashion our nation's support for our troops." But the veterans group believes that with troops still deployed overseas in the fight against terrorism, "the parade money would be better spent fully funding the Department of Veterans Affairs and giving our troops and their families the best care possible."
ImageImageImage

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Sue U wrote:
Scooter wrote:Cost of the military parade is now up to $92 million.
We have $92 million to spend on a pointless parade satisfying Trump's whim but Flint still doesn't have clean drinking water. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!!!???.

This is disgraceful.
THIS. THIS. THIS. X A BAZILLION.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God