You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:He’s clearly attacking me - and now you are, too.
Better stick with your career as an attorney or whatever ... you suck at mind-reading.
(and of course that is going to be construed as an 'attack' as well...  )
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Your behavior toward me repeatedly in thread after thread over many months is clear to anyone to see, it doesn’t require mind reading. I’m not the only one who has seen it for what it is, either. And I’ve given you repeated opportunities to stop and you don’t - you keep making up opportunities to attack me, whether big and nasty or little and nasty, you do it over and over. So does Joe. I almost feel sorry for two elderly men who are still so obsessed with picking on girls wherever the opportunity arises.

My life is too precious to waste anymore time on such crap. Simple solution - you’ll never have my attention to any contribution you make here ever again - your good posts aren’t worth the abuse contained in so many of your shitty childish attacking posts, and you aren’t man enough to own your bad behavior and apologize for it. It’s clear that you will die never having achieved that advanced emotional capability.

Buh-bye, BB.

eta: You want to prove me wrong? Don’t ever address me again, for any reason, period. I consider you to be harassing me and I want zero communication with you. Don’t comment on my posts, don’t comment on my existence as a human being. Leave me alone entirely. I certainly won’t be reading anything you post ever again. If you are a real grown man, emotionally mature and capable of self-regulation, you’ll be able to comply with my request without further comment and this whole childish drama of multiple years now will finally be at a glorious end.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You appear to have a skin with the resilience , thickness, and durability of wet tissue paper.  I wonder, when you raise an objection in a court case and a judge overrules it, is the judge then attacking you as well?

And on top of that, by your own words — "... two elderly men who are still so obsessed with picking on girls wherever the opportunity arises..." — you appear to be someone who is always ready and willing, even eager, to play the 'sexism' card.  Even if you perceive my posts as "picking on you", you need to take off your blinders.  EVERYBODY on this board has been the 'target' of my 'attacks' (your words, counselor, not mine) at one time or another, especially our local crazy dudes wesw and liberty — neither of which, I believe, are female.

As for your unilateral demands for the future, I can only respond to that in the same manner by which you've responded me ...
several times, in fact.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Coming back to BSG's original point - IRS 'stole' $135 from her - IRS have been way underfunded for so long by those who believe that they are evil folks who steal money from hard-working patriots that any narrative which feeds this view is foolish. I don't think that there is any individual at the IRS who wants to takes BSG's money. If there is an error, which is by far the most likely explanation, they will take care of it which is what they said when BSG first phoned them, albeit after they saw on their caller ID that it was BSG on the line so they said fuck it, we'll make her wait. "I finally found a number for the Tax Advocate and ended up crying on the phone with a very nice lady who says they’ll fix it eventually when they figure it out." I must try that crying on the phone trick sometime and see if it works for me.

It may be that BSG's problem is with Liberty Tax and not the IRS. I have never used them - I suck it up and pay H&R Block because they usually have much better results on review sites and one friend told me of his horrible experience with Liberty. Liberty, like Block, is a franchise operation and so may depend much on the owner of the office. YRMV. In making the payment Liberty's software had to talk to the IRS software. Impossible to say where the miscommunication happened, but I'd certainly think twice before I accused the IRS of stealing my money.

Edited to correct some punctuation.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Thank you, xKA, for seeing the point I was trying to make.
-"BB"-

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Andy, I was crying because I’m dirt poor and didn’t know how I’d fill my gas tank much less avoid punitive overdraft charges from the bank once my regularly-scheduled automatic bill payments started hitting an account that had been drained by the IRS’s unauthorized duplicate deduction from my bank account.

What is taking property without permission? Theft.

My problem was with IRS and IRS alone; I paid my lawful taxes owed, timely, using the IRS’s link at the federal government’s official payments service website, using my tax ID. They screwed up, which the advocate clearly indicated is a not-at-all-uncommon occurrence.

Thank you so much for your post which characterizes me in such a positive way.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

A couple of apropos quotations (both of which I have sometimes considered for my signature line):
“You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”
— Robert A Heinlein, “The Green Hills of Earth”
“You cannot reason with unreasonable people...attempting to do so gives you stomach cancer. Point and laugh instead, you feel better and the stupidity then serves a useful purpose.”
— Jim Wright, (Stonekettle Station), 9/19/13
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:Nice try, Joe Loser. He’s clearly attacking me - and now you are, too. You guys are pathetic, like junior high school boys who don’t know what to do with their little boners.
Happy Easter...

dales

Post by dales »

C'mon BSG....it's not that bad.

You've never had to deal with California's infamous STATE FRANCHISE TAX BOARD.

They make the IRS out to be amateurs.

I'd rather owe money to the Mafia.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

I was tempted to put this in a new thread, with a few more "really"s in the title. It's from Bloomberg — not Andy Borowitz, not The Onion.
  • Trump Touts Border Wall to Group of Children at Easter Egg Roll

President Donald Trump used the opportunity of the White House Easter Egg Roll to address some of his youngest supporters about one of his signature policy initiatives: building a wall on the southern U.S. border.

“Oh it’s happening, it’s being built now,” Trump told a group of children as he colored pictures with them on Monday in celebration of Easter on the White House’s South Lawn.

“Here’s a young guy just said ‘keep building that wall.’ Do you believe it? He’s going to be a conservative someday,” the president said.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

What you find that somehow unbelievable? Seems par for the course for our narcissist in chief.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Tampons Confiscated, Guns Allowed as Texas Senate Debates Abortion

State troopers confiscated tampons and maxi pads from people entering the Texas Senate gallery on Friday afternoon as senators began debating a controversial new abortion regulations that are almost certain to pass. However, folks with conceal-and-carry permits are allowed in with their guns, as state law allows. It seems like an unusual threat analysis, but things are different in Texas.

The tampon confiscations were initially reported by the liberal Texas blog Burnt Orange Report and others entering the state Senate. (Photos above by Shelby Alexander.) State troopers said they were taking anything that could be thrown at legislators, which included tampons, maxi pads, sugar packets, and condoms. But guns are still a go. When state Sen. Wendy Davis filibustered the abortion bill during the previous special session, uproar from the crowd helped prevent Republicans from passing the bill before deadline. They took several measures to prevent that from happening again. This time, the vote is happening with weeks to spare in the special session, and on Thursday, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said, "We're going to have strict enforcement. If there are any demonstrations, we are going to clear the gallery."
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Tampons Confiscated
That's a mistake...

Everybody knows that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a tampon is with a good guy with a tampon...
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I see the potential for a flood of problems.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Joe Guy wrote:I see the potential for a flood of problems.
No doubt bleeding heart liberals who don't know how to go with the flow.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Steve King says he can relate to suffering of Jesus

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Tuesday said that the censure he faced earlier this year for controversial statements regarding white nationalism gave him a better understanding of the suffering of Jesus Christ.

During a town hall in Cherokee, Iowa, King appeared to compare his experience of being formally rebuked in the House to the trial and persecution of Jesus.

“And when I had to step down to the floor of the House of Representatives and look up at those 400-and-some accusers — you know, we’ve just passed through Easter and Christ’s Passion — and I have a better insight into what he went through for us, partly because of that experience," King said.

The Hill has reached out to King’s office for additional comment.

The nine-term Catholic congressman told the crowd that he has reached a “certain peace” following the incident “because of a lot of prayers for me.”

King sparked bipartisan backlash for questioning during an interview with The New York Times how terms such as "white supremacist" and "white nationalist" became "offensive."

House Republicans responded by removing King from his positions on the House Judiciary, Agriculture and Small Business committees.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4403 ... g-of-jesus
ImageImageImage

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Some states are busy defining illegal abortion as anything that happens after the bundle of cells in a uterus produces something that resembles a heartbeat--generally about 28 days after conception. [please, lets not get into a discussion about the details and definitions of all the words in the preceding sentence--I am clear enuff here that you can understand the next three sentences.]

To enforce these kinds of laws, tampons and maxi-pads will need to be confiscated and carefully subjected to laboratory inspection. Most women will not be aware that conception has happened at that stage. They may, with no criminal intent, use readily available chemicals that cause the bundle of cells in their uterus to be eliminated.

Scofflaws of all types must be apprehended.

snailgate.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think that all women of childbearing age should, in the interest of justice, regularly mail their used tampons and pads to their state legislators for inspection.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Burning Petard wrote:Some states are busy defining illegal abortion as anything that happens after the bundle of cells in a uterus produces something that resembles a heartbeat--generally about 28 days after conception...

snailgate.
sg. I'm with you on the basic gist of your post, but a detectable heartbeat in 28 DAYS? I have been under the impression that a fetal heartbeat can't be detected until five or six weeks after gestation, and then only with ultrasound equipment. 28 days... can that be?

As you infer, I believe enforcement would be futile.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God