You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The SNL skits really do just write themselves:
Pastor Who Says Jews Are Going To Hell Speaks At Trump's Hanukkah Party

President Donald Trump signed an executive order aimed at tackling anti-Semitism on college campuses on Wednesday ― but one of the speakers at the event has said that Jews are going to hell.

Trump signed the order at a White House Hanukkah reception, with several prominent Jewish Americans in attendance, including New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz.

But the president also called upon evangelical Christian leader Robert Jeffress to speak, claiming he’s a “tremendous faith leader.”

Jeffress, in turn, called Trump “the most pro-faith president in history.”

But Jeffress has a long history of hateful comments toward other faiths.

In 2010, he called both Islam and Mormonism “a heresy from the pit of hell,” then issued a warning to Jews.

“Judaism ― you can’t be saved being a Jew,” he declared on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.

In a 2009 sermon, he said:
“Not only do religions like Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, not only do they lead people away from the true God, they lead people to an eternity of separation from God in hell. You know, Jesus was very clear. Hell is not only going to be populated by murderers and drug dealers and child abusers. Hell is going to be filled with good religious people who have rejected the truth of Christ.”

Jeffress often speaks in support of Trump on cable networks and radio, and earlier this year he said evangelicals who don’t support the president are “spineless morons.”
He predicted in September that removing Trump via impeachment would lead to a “Civil War-like fracture.”

Trump has noticed ― and appreciated ― the stream of praise.

“I’d watch him on different shows, and I’d say, ‘I like that guy. Man, he talks really great about me,’” Trump said at the Hanukkah event on Wednesday. “And I like people that talk well about me.”

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Well, this is just an example of how inclusive our President seeks to be...

He even invites anti-Semites to participate in an event set up to combat antisemitism...
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

This is just fucked up. Why is Trump inviting ANY evangelical Christian pastors to participate in a "Hanukkah reception," let alone these particular asshats? What do they have to do with either Hanukkah or the Executive Order on antisemitism? Why were there no actual Jewish community/religious leaders there?
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

As long as Ivanka or Jared was there, the Jewish thing is covered in DJT’s mind.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Sue U wrote:This is just fucked up. Why is Trump inviting ANY evangelical Christian pastors to participate in a "Hanukkah reception," let alone these particular asshats? What do they have to do with either Hanukkah or the Executive Order on antisemitism? Why were there no actual Jewish community/religious leaders there?
He gave you the answer:
“I’d watch him on different shows, and I’d say, ‘I like that guy. Man, he talks really great about me,’” Trump said at the Hanukkah event on Wednesday. “And I like people that talk well about me.”

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: You really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by Econoline »

RayThom wrote:This sounds like a job for Mr. Sharpie. He can change anything.

ETA: Holy shit in a 15-flush crapper! I thought the above image was just a funny joke, but apparently the image below is real!
(The Trump War Room is an official Trump campaign account, sanctioned by Trump, which describes itself as: "Highlighting Donald Trump's Promises Kept, fighting Fake News. This account punches back 10x harder. Managed by the Team Trump 2020 campaign. MAGA.")
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Jim Wright, on Facebook:
  • Imagine having this much power, this much money, this much privilege...

...and being this petty and insecure.

In a presidency built on piteous self-indulgent victimhood and hollow bravado, this may be the saddest, most pathetic thing yet.

....and then he said, "Hold my beer."
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

True, but hardly surprising.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

There's always a tweet:

God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

1)  All those jobs that were created — then why do people have to drive for Uber, Lyft, and DoorDash simultaneously to get by?
2)  ISIS is not yet destroyed.  Weakened and hurting, maybe, but definitely not destroyed.
3)  Number of miles of (new) wall built = ZERO
Even when they hand-pick the "accomplishments", his cheering section still can't get it right!!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

rubato

Post by rubato »

I am ashamed of us. If I was a Republican I'd have to deport myself.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Guess Which Of Trump's Fibs Won Him PolitiFact's 'Lie Of The Year' Award?
(for 2019, that is.... )
A lie from President Donald Trump has been crowned “Lie of the Year” for a historic third time.

PolitiFact, a nonprofit U.S. political fact-checking site, announced on Monday that the award for 2019 goes to Trump’s claim that the anonymous whistleblower who reported his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky was “almost completely wrong.”  Trump’s conduct and requests on that call are now at the heart of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

Since the Sept. 26 release of the whistleblower complaint, the president has claimed more than 80 times that the complaint is “fake, fraudulent, incorrect, ‘total fiction,’ ‘made up,’ and ‘sooo wrong,’” PolitiFact reported.  Despite the president’s repeated insistence that the report was filled with lies, the anonymous whistleblower actually got the call “almost completely” right, the fact-checking site’s managing editor, Katie Sanders, wrote.
“We know this from the very record of the call the president released.  We know this from testimony under oath from career diplomats and other officials.  And the president and his allies have told reporters that Trump did what the whistleblower suggested — urged the Ukrainian president to investigate political rival Joe Biden.”
In a video announcement featuring the site’s executive director, Aaron Sharockman, and Sanders, Sharockman explained that each December they selected the “most significant falsehood of the calendar year.”  However, announcement of the “Lie of the Year” is the only time the site will actually use the word “lie”.

The distinction with the claim that receives the award is that it proves to be of genuine consequence and undermines an accurate narrative, Sanders explained.  The president’s lies have claimed the No. 1 spot twice before ― once in 2015 for his collective campaign trail falsehoods, which the site described as exhibiting “range, boldness, and a disregard for the truth,” and once in 2017 for claiming Russian election interference is a “made-up story.”

Previous lie-perpetrators included then-President Barack Obama in 2013, presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012, and Democrats in 2011.  But Trump is the only person to have ever won the award more than once, according to the site.  And just for the record, PolitiFact awarded "Lie of the Year" for 2016 to "Fake News", so if you want to stretch a point I suppose you could say that by his performance as "Best Supporting Actor" Trump deserves partial credit for that award as well.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

But back to Econoline's post above-- "Hanukkah reception," two weeks before the holiday begins? WTF?

snailgate

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Burning Petard wrote:But back to Econoline's post above-- "Hanukkah reception," two weeks before the holiday begins? WTF?
snailgate
Are you forgetting that Lord Dampnut will be nowhere near the White House as the holidays near?

His southern castle, Mar-a-Lago, awaits.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:shock: :loon :lol:
~ Carl Sagan